Sign in to follow this  
HawaiianTropic

Finding Dory Trailer Featuring Lesbian Couple?

The new trailer for "Finding Dory" has been released by Disney Pixar, featuring what appears to be Disney's first lesbian couple.

It's questionable whether the two women are really a couple or not, but regardless, religious homophobes have caused a storm on Facebook and pretty much all over the web!

Here are a few screenshots of just some of the HUNDREDS of horrible comments I've seen

kXnJL2m.png

uqMsdD8.png

MuISUty.png

OVrkLYz.png

Even though they're horrible, some of them do make me laugh because they're just ridiculous comments. And I mean, why boycott now?... I mean, Dory has been voiced by the world's most famous lesbian right since the beginning....

So... what do you think about the trailer?

Are you going to boycott Disney too?  :toofunny:

They are proving that they are several pieces of worthless shit. I agree with you haha Ellen is lesbian and bitch you dumbass boycott now? It has been like 14 years. Stupid cunts

+watching this movie a million times on behalf of those stupid boycotts

Fuck them all, Finding Nemo is my favourite movie ever, I've been waiting for this movie for ages, just watching the trailers makes me cry and I'm extremely happy that it makes it even more relatable for me. It's ok if they boycott it I'm gonna watch it a billion times anyway their opinion is absolutely disregarded it's 2016 girls like girls I'm not even reading this shit

ZKcaooE.png

1.) I don't think Aaron is completely off; that is, if I understand what it is he's saying. Is he calling for more lgbt and racially/ethnically diverse characters to have starring roles? If so, then I can understand his slight frustration. Then again, why not have paper thin diversity in terms of background characters? The world is diverse, why not make it look that way in film? Not a terrible comment on his part, it just needs a wholistic perspective.

2.) What makes me laugh and want to punch someone in the face, is the assumption that that was a lesbian couple. The fact that those who are bothered by the idea of an lgbt couple being in a "children's" film are flat out ASSuming that the two were lesbian is hilarious. You only see what you want to see, I guess...and that must be a reason to be furious over literally nothing. It pains me that, in the name of a child's protection, hateful and misunderstanding parents push their ignorance on their children. Does anyone truly believe that in the easily 30 seconds that that couple is flashed on screen, that children are going to label them as lesbians. Ugh, people.

Okay I watched it twice and completely missed the couple xD

I guess Disney decided the controversy was worthy publicity (and likely wanted to be the first), still I'm surprised they've had the balls to do this. To even give rise to speculation. At least now others are likely to follow suit. I wonder if Ellen lobbied for this from the inside.

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

Does anyone truly believe that in the easily 30 seconds that that couple is flashed on screen, that children are going to label them as lesbians. Ugh, people.

Exactly, what really annoys me is that people want to see what they don't want to see, it's just a few seconds and has no impact on the story and for all we know they could be friends or a couple, it doesn't even matters tbh? Kids are focused on the funny thing they don't have even the time to register the fact that it's two women like... It's genuinely out of my understanding, if you don't want your kids to a movie because of 30s of two women sharing a screen with absolutely nothing linked to their sexuality but the fact that they're there, then I'm sorry but you're a bad parent, enjoy your sad kids. And if it's just a publicity move from Disney, then screw them too, we need so much more honest representations, and not some dramatic ones that always end up with one dying or even focused on the sexuality. Sorry ranting but I care about this a lot

ZKcaooE.png

oh i thought it was going to be a fish couple

Me too.

Can someone timestamp the scene where the couple appears at? I've been trying to find them but :rip: Are they the ones who capture Dory?

Me too.

Can someone timestamp the scene where the couple appears at? I've been trying to find them but :rip: Are they the ones who capture Dory?

It's the girls with the baby at 1:06. And I also thought it would be fishes at first :toofunny:

ZKcaooE.png

I'm laughing. These are the people who vote in elections. Ever since I stopped following/reading news from major news networks my life has been blissful. Ignorance is at an all time high