Lana Shot A Music Video - Possibly For Love?

Not sure, but I think they were testing waters with HBTB. Remember that radio event when the song was premiered for radio stations? Probably they got a "no" and simply didn't invest in it. A shame it happend cause HBTB sounds great on the radiio.

But the rolling effect would be cruel if she gets a radio deal instead of letting the song gradually grow on radio. She just can not break into being played for whatever reason

For an artist like Lana getting a deal is huge. She's not an artist where her songs are going to pick by DJs to play. DJs when they see her song on them list. They not going to pick a "Lana Del RAY song" to play. 

A radio deal forces the station to play it automatically so it lets the audience decide rather than the DJ. Even if the station don't like or DJ is hater they still have to play it. When they do play..Someone out here somewhere will hear and request it. It's a snowball effect. If the song connects with the GP, rolling effect is nothing. 

Young and Beautiful is an example of that type of exposure but through a different media. There WERE many songs even songs by BEYST. BUT LANA was the one that stood out. The audience decides.  

Also HBTB was sent to alternative when it should have been pop. 

nah not her style..

she also doesn't have the voice for this type of song

she needs to stay atmospheric..

I am not talking about the voice / range. I am just saying that this is a sound that would work for her. Look, it's all accoustic and still it's engaging. Lana's approach is very often just to slow down the songs and drown them. Plus, in the studio, she doesn't have to serve airy and thin vocals. She wouldn't yell and shout, but she does have a voice that can carry a song beautifully if she mixes things up. When she serves 8 or 9 slow songs with the same type of vocal delivery in a row on the other hand, it does get a bit tiresome.

I am not talking about the voice / range. I am just saying that this is a sound that would work for her. Look, it's all accoustic and still it's engaging. Lana's approach is very often just to slow down the songs and drown them. Plus, in the studio, she doesn't have to serve airy and thin vocals. She wouldn't yell and shout, but she does have a voice that can carry a song beautifully if she mixes things up. When she serves 8 or 9 slow songs with the same type of vocal delivery in a row on the other hand, it does get a bit tiresome.

well you have a point there.. i also would love something faster with a bit of vocal variation

now that i think about it i really like what she did on noir ..

it's a bit messy but maybe a little more 'teeth' would work for her..

I would love to hear a spoken word poetry album  and I for one would love an album of songs slow and moody ala Once upon a dream

I just don't get how anyone in their right mind would be bored by the widely varied sounds on Honeymoon.

Lana should cover Edith Piaf "Hymne d'Lamour & Non Regrette but Lanatize it.  (Hymne was a tribute from Edith to her love of her life who had just died).

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I would love to hear a spoken word poetry album  and I for one would love an album of songs slow and moody ala Once upon a dream

I just don't get how anyone in their right mind would be bored by the widely varied sounds on Honeymoon.

Lana should cover Edith Piaf "Hymne d'Lamour & Non Regrette but Lanatize it.  (Hymne was a tribute from Edith to her love of her life who had just died).

no more covers of old songs please

By the informations that I saw, I thought that the video and possibly this new album could have maybe a...COTBR and Brooklyn Baby vibe, don't know. I saw a new song called Vintage Kids(it's just rumor, right?) in one of the threads too, so...

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593