PrettyBaby

Create an Unreleased Lana Album/Playlist

I made an album/mixtape out of Born To Die demos and outtakes (?), I basically wanted to have a place for the demos that actually sound like finished songs, and adding some tracks that didn't make the cut worked quite well.

1. National Anthem (Nexus version)
  2. Live Or Die (version 2)
  3. Lolita (demo 2)
  4. You Can Be The Boss
  5. Driving In Cars With Boys (high-pitched version)
  6. 100 $ Bill
  7. Dark Paradise (demo 2)
  8. Hit & Run
  9. Put The Radio On
  10. Children Of The Bad Revolution
  11. This Is What Makes Us Girls (demo 2)
  12. Lucky Ones (demo)

Bop after bop after bop, TBH.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

going post this in a spoiler cause this could be a big post lol

Okay so, I have made 6 albums out of Lanas unreleased. I have an unreleased album with everything in it so they don't include every song. I've mainly organized them so they are made up of songs I feel capture a certain mood or feeling, based off of sound style or aesthetic. Also like tracklists to make sense a flow well from one song to another. I originally only had 4 but I redid them all with the most HQ audio and ended up rearranging them adding songs and now I have 6...i'm such a nerd for this. 

pxDfNiS.jpg

Hawaiian Tropic - Mainly relaxing, chilled out beach songs. All songs recorded with live bands and little electronic production. Maha Maha is probably the most out there track cause it's a bit darker and more experimental. Lyrically it's not as deep and more happy or lighter love songs. Kinda feels like a happier and brighter AKA.

2KoomJ2.jpg

The Revenge of Lana Del Rey - I love this one... it has such a mood. It's based off live band produced tracks with bluesy rock / strong guitar influence. The production on these songs are a bit messier and it's a bit more experimental in the middle. Lyrically she is a lot more angry, raunchy and moody.

WOnSCdX.jpg

Teenage Wasteland - My favourite playlist of unreleased Lana songs  :defeated: These are all the more cuter songs of Lana as well as songs that feel particularly naive or innocent, while still being serious. This is why I called it Teenage Wasteland, cause I imagine these songs being sung by a very young and lovestruck Lana and these about early romances. Almost imagine this being the soundtrack to a young teenage girls diary as she writes about her boy problems. Sonically very mid-tempo, vintagey pop songs at the start and goes more country/folk-inspired at the back end of the tracklist.

dQx0GAw.jpg

Queen of New York City - This and Party Girl are very similar. They started as one album but I added more songs and split it in two. Both are basically all her trashy pop songs - specifically trash - like about her acting recklessly, more raunchy songs and in some cases, rougher production. QoNYC are songs that that had a specific more NY sound to me. More piano, bass and beat lead whereas, Party Girl is more traditional pop in the way it's produced. Gangsta Boy, Summer of Sam, Back to Tha Basics, Ridin are very representative of the type of songs I was going for. National Anthem is The Nexus version and Diet Mtn Dew is The Flight Demo.

tzIrm2w.jpg

Party Girl - This is more electronic and synth pop sounding than QoNYC but it's a very similiar concept about the lyrics & aesthetic. This one feels significantly less New York like tho, this feels more LA-big-Hollywood-producer inspired pop.

Ib3VL8I.jpg

Butterflies - This one is pure pop songs (but mainly the better-produced ones). These to me sound more contemporary and modern (modern for the time they were recorded I mean - 2010 etc). First half is very electro-pop (Behind Closed Doors, Paradise) and slowly transitions to more piano and drum based songs (Break My Fall, Driving in Cars). This Is What Makes Us Girls is the Pete Ibsen version. 

Lol if you actually read any of what I have written well done lol and excuse my nonsense. Also ! If you are confused as to why I put a song in a certain album because of the description I gave, every was picked for a particular reason and I spent soooooo long creating these tracklists. There a lot of songs I liked but it was hard to find places for them (like Trash Magic, Pin Up Galore and others) but every song I did pick, I probs spent like 10 minutes deciding where the fuck to put it. University studying who??

Okay so, I have made 6 albums out of Lanas unreleased. I have an unreleased album with everything in it so they don't include every song. I've mainly organized them so they are made up of songs I feel capture a certain mood or feeling, based off of sound style or aesthetic. Also like tracklists to make sense a flow well from one song to another. I originally only had 4 but I redid them all with the most HQ audio and ended up rearranging them adding songs and now I have 6...i'm such a nerd for this. 

pxDfNiS.jpg

Hawaiian Tropic - Mainly relaxing, chilled out beach songs. All songs recorded with live bands and little electronic production. Maha Maha is probably the most out there track cause it's a bit darker and more experimental. Lyrically it's not as deep and more happy or lighter love songs. Kinda feels like a happier and brighter AKA.

2KoomJ2.jpg

The Revenge of Lana Del Rey - I love this one... it has such a mood. It's based off live band produced tracks with bluesy rock / strong guitar influence. The production on these songs are a bit messier and it's a bit more experimental in the middle. Lyrically she is a lot more angry, raunchy and moody.

WOnSCdX.jpg

Teenage Wasteland - My favourite playlist of unreleased Lana songs  :defeated: These are all the more cuter songs of Lana as well as songs that feel particularly naive or innocent, while still being serious. This is why I called it Teenage Wasteland, cause I imagine these songs being sung by a very young and lovestruck Lana and these about early romances. Almost imagine this being the soundtrack to a young teenage girls diary as she writes about her boy problems. Sonically very mid-tempo, vintagey pop songs at the start and goes more country/folk-inspired at the back end of the tracklist.

dQx0GAw.jpg

Queen of New York City - This and Party Girl are very similar. They started as one album but I added more songs and split it in two. Both are basically all her trashy pop songs - specifically trash - like about her acting recklessly, more raunchy songs and in some cases, rougher production. QoNYC are songs that that had a specific more NY sound to me. More piano, bass and beat lead whereas, Party Girl is more traditional pop in the way it's produced. Gangsta Boy, Summer of Sam, Back to Tha Basics, Ridin are very representative of the type of songs I was going for. National Anthem is The Nexus version and Diet Mtn Dew is The Flight Demo.

tzIrm2w.jpg

Party Girl - This is more electronic and synth pop sounding than QoNYC but it's a very similiar concept about the lyrics & aesthetic. This one feels significantly less New York like tho, this feels more LA-big-Hollywood-producer inspired pop.

Ib3VL8I.jpg

Butterflies - This one is pure pop songs (but mainly the better-produced ones). These to me sound more contemporary and modern (modern for the time they were recorded I mean - 2010 etc). First half is very electro-pop (Behind Closed Doors, Paradise) and slowly transitions to more piano and drum based songs (Break My Fall, Driving in Cars). This Is What Makes Us Girls is the Pete Ibsen version. 

Lol if you actually read any of what I have written well done lol and excuse my nonsense. Also ! If you are confused as to why I put a song in a certain album because of the description I gave, every was picked for a particular reason and I spent soooooo long creating these tracklists. There a lot of songs I liked but it was hard to find places for them (like Trash Magic, Pin Up Galore and others) but every song I did pick, I probs spent like 10 minutes deciding where the fuck to put it. University studying who??

omg where can i download these

tumblr_p1a7ssNcup1w268obo4_250.pngtumblr_p1a7ssNcup1w268obo1_250.png

pxDfNiS.jpg

2KoomJ2.jpg

WOnSCdX.jpg

dQx0GAw.jpg

tzIrm2w.jpg

Ib3VL8I.jpg

This isn’t entirely related but how’d you get the explicit tags?

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Black Beauty

1. Angels Forever

2. Black Beauty [demo version]

3. Hollywood

4. Sad Girl

5. I Don't Wanna Go (Tonight)

6. Wild on You

7. Shades of Cool

8. Say Yes To Heaven

9. Cherry Blossom

10. Your Girl

11. I Can Fly

12. Is This Happiness

13. Wait for Life

14. Fine China

yes i know this has some released songs but this is how I would envision UV if it wasn't reworked

negAbhB.png

I did a blog post for a rock/grunge album

http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/blog/226/entry-1054-rockgrunge-album-concept/

True Love On The Side

Kinda Outta Luck

Tired Of Singing the Blues

Children of the Bad Revolution

Mermaid Motel Demo

Lolita Demo 1

Heart Shaped Box Cover

Brite Lites Steven Mertens Version

Angels Forever, Forever Angels

Architecture

For K, Part 2

Your Girl

& Wild One (demo)

mQb6Gpi.png

"Us Against The World"

1. Playing Dangerous
2. Hey You
3. Is It Wrong?
4. You Can Be The Boss
5. Hot Hot Hot
6. Hit & Run
7. Delicious
8. Jealous Girl
9. Roses
10. Ridin'
11. Us Against The World

i already posted this but i made a simple quick cover for it so i'm reposting

qfrWuBl.png

This is the most perfect unreleased album ive ever seen. 

Is Tonight short for I Don't Wanna Go? i shld know this

it is! just one of the few alternate titles that song has lol

also i should note this album also now contains color blue & cherry blossom!

This would be more if EP because of the length, and it would be kind of a follow-up to Sirens.

1 You’re Gonna Love Me

2 Your Band Is All The Rage

3 Get Drunk

4 Let My Hair Down

5 Disco

6 Pin Up Galore

7 1949

8 Trash Magic

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

:creepna:

Hahahahaha at it now actually being 2019. I need to complete the edition for tracks from 2016-19 and I'll post what I came up with. I don't use iTunes at all now so I haven't been keeping up with recent misc. tracks

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Hahahahaha at it now actually being 2019. I need to complete the edition for tracks from 2016-19 and I'll post what I came up with. I don't use iTunes at all now so I haven't been keeping up with recent misc. tracks

that would be rly cool! we need someone to pick up where @@SitarHero left off  :defeated:

rihKQ8M.gif

One of my favorite LDR playlists I've made is Do U Luv Me Yet? (using an exquisite cover by @lmdr) 

It's like a first draft of BTD, consisting of songs that Lana seemed to put stock in, that didn't end up making the cut -- i.e. tracks she made videos for, posted on Soundcloud, etc., including demos of some BTD songs:

DO U LUV ME YET? 

1. Kinda Outta Luck 

2. Velvet Crowbar

3. You Can Be the Boss

4. Us Against the World

5. Lucky Ones (Demo)

6. National Anthem (The Nexus Demo)

7. Hundred Dollar Bill

8. Diet Mountain Dew (The Flight Demo)

9. On Our Way (Version 2)

10. Dark Paradise (Yttling Demo)

11. Lolita (Demo 2)