PARADIXO

Post-BTD singles that could have been hits

None, really. Brooklyn Baby maybe with a shorter edit like Sitar posted before, but the drug reference kills almost any possibility. Same for High By The Beach. And pls don't tell me, BUT TOVE LO!!!111

In all honesty, you need radio and radio won't touch any of her singles if she has the tiniest bit of controversy in it.

Salvatore could have done something for her in Europe, but since Lana has given up on Europe completly, nobody cares about her here anymore outside of a small fanbase.

And that is it, dear ladies and gentleman.

If she ever wants to have a comeback, she needs to get her ass to Europe, especially UK, Germany and France and promote on TV and radio with filmed performances.

People who in here post Freak (srsly Wtf?!!!!), West Coast, Shades Of Cool or Florida Kilos have no clue what radio is playing. And no airplay = no hit

People in Europe fell in love with her because of her glamorous, retro, big production on BTD. Nothing that came after resembles that. UV was poison for her career in Europe.

Germany still plays VG, SS and sometimes even BJ.

Not entirely a Lana song, but The Weeknd's Prisioner should have been a single, there was a huge amount of hype around this song just by some social media posts, It actually charted 47 on the top 100 (higher than HBTB), imagine a TV performance between the two and a noirish video (a la In The Night) but featuring the both as well, it would have been a hit :defeated:

8nl2OpX.png

West Coast, Shades Of Cool, Florida Kilos, Fucked My Way Up To The Top, Gods & Monsters, Bel Air, Ride, High By The Beach, Terrence Loves You, Freak & Salvatore.

:rip:

---

For those saying Ride; it wans't a hit, but it's definitely one of Lana's signature songs. The video is Lana Del Rey at her most Lana Del Rey, lol.

I still find it weird that there wasn't more promo for Ride. It was never played on the radio (unless you would call and ask them to play it), even though it could've become another Summertime Sadness or Video Games, IMO. Dark Paradise (which was released as a single about five months after Ride), on the other hand, did get quite some airplay. But since then... no Lana on the radio whatsoever. 

:pft:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

it could be that I'm not a basic music listener :D

but this thread said specifically which songs after BTD could have been HIT singles... and songs like bel air and Terrence loves you had absolutely 0 hit potential...

89550-F07-DF2-F-4739-9-AB0-552-DF4549773.jpg

Original version for rock and alt radios; Rick Nowels version for pop/WW radio. Both versions for digital download/streaming.

A few TV performances featuring Dan Auerbach.

And boom, you get the biggest rock hit of the year :defeated:

I feel like the Young Proffesionals West Coast Remix could've done a lot for Lana

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TZbnzGuiXDw

lilkimxchapelle.png

I still find it weird that there wasn't more promo for Ride. It was never played on the radio (unless you would call and ask them to play it), even though it could've become another Summertime Sadness or Video Games, IMO. Dark Paradise (which was released as a single about five months after Ride), on the other hand, did get quite some airplay. But since then... no Lana on the radio whatsoever. 

:pft:

There was promo for Ride. She did 4 televized performances: in the UK, Germany, Netherlands and France. All of them on big TV shows in each country. But simply put, Ride was boring. It took too long til the song really reached its highlight, the video was too long, Lana too overexposed. 

Universal was trying to get her motivated for way more promo, but she declined.

None, really. Brooklyn Baby maybe with a shorter edit like Sitar posted before, but the drug reference kills almost any possibility. Same for High By The Beach. And pls don't tell me, BUT TOVE LO!!!111

In all honesty, you need radio and radio won't touch any of her singles if she has the tiniest bit of controversy in it.

People in Europe fell in love with her because of her glamorous, retro, big production on BTD. Nothing that came after resembles that. UV was poison for her career in Europe.

Drug references don't really matter, they can still be radio hits.

And you can make drug references in the US. So really it was all about her promoting herself and making songs that are more up-tempo. I think other countries would have accepted it too, if it was pushed enough.

I agree tho, UV although great, was poison. And Honeymoon was death.

I'm not trying to be rude(or offensive!)....but Lana is hella patriotic. All she cares about was America it seems like.

She performed in so many european shows during btd; promoting has nothing to do with patriotism. 

i76mrxw.png 

She performed in so many european shows during btd; promoting has nothing to do with patriotism. 

I know that. I was trying to say, that's why she doesn't care about drug references. And that she could have STILL, promoted songs that have the drug references in it. It came off differently than I wanted it to.

In the end, it all doesn't matter. We all know what needs to be done to have hits and we know how important hits are to remain successful and recording albums in the future. The music industry has changed dramatically the last couple of years.

And she won't do anything. She has accepted her fate of being a flop. Lel.

All we can hope for is that she makes this fandom exciting again with well executed releases.

And a Katy Perry collab. 

i feel like the only songs of hers that had hit potential are hbtb and west coast, maybe brooklyn baby . the only time ive ever heard her on the radio was that fast version of summertime sadness in 2012, and i heard west coast when it was released on my local alternative station, but tbh , most of her songs would flop on the radio without some aspect being changed. she's too slow, and too controversial . prisoner def couldve done something tho,  especially with a tv performance featuring both of them and a little harsher promo 

UbsOye5.png

Idk why West Coast didnt get bigger. It was a small hit on Australian Tripple J, and same with High By the Beach, but still. I think Ultraviolence could have been but maybe that was somehow prevented because of the violent references? Music to Watch Boys To should have been too. Its perfect for radio :(