PARADIXO

Post-BTD singles that could have been hits

West Coast, Shades Of Cool, Florida Kilos, Fucked My Way Up To The Top, Gods & Monsters, Bel Air, Ride, High By The Beach, Terrence Loves You, Freak & Salvatore.

Mfhp.gif

West Coast, Shades Of Cool, Florida Kilos, Fucked My Way Up To The Top, Gods & Monsters, Bel Air, Ride, High By The Beach, Terrence Loves You, Freak & Salvatore.

Bel Air and FMWUTTT would have flopped harder than Perfect Illusion wyd

im not sure you know what hits are...

89550-F07-DF2-F-4739-9-AB0-552-DF4549773.jpg

West Coast and High By The Beach could have been named as "the summer song of the year" or whatever if she would have done any promotion for them at all. Why has she given up on promotion like that? How is Interscope/Polydor letting her get away with this?

West Coast and High By The Beach could have been named as "the summer song of the year" or whatever if she would have done any promotion for them at all. Why has she given up on promotion like that? How is Interscope/Polydor letting her get away with this?

As if Ultraviolence wasn't #1 and sold 250k in its first week.

Without You, Cola, and HBTB

Also I think Interscope was prepping G&M to be a single cuz they shopped around stems to remixers (Mokadem and Club Clique, probably more) and I believe it charted on iTunes better than most of her non-single tracks (probably due to Tropico) so who knows

As if Ultraviolence wasn't #1 and sold 250k in its first week.

1) Ultraviolence you're refering to is an album and this is a discussion about singles

2) UV was #1 for 1 week, then it dropped

3) WC and HBTB had no proper radio play or huge success on their own. Their success is way smaller compared to BTD singles successes. 

I don't think of hits when I think of lana but honest to god if such a dreadful song like Closer can be #1 then anything at all is possible. This isn't even halsey hate, that song is fucking garbage and mostly because of the chainsmokers.

I could imagine Money, Power, Glory doing something. I don't think any song on Honeymoon could have been a hit in it's existing state other than High By The Beach. I think a version of Terrence Loves You with strings etc and a bigger chorus like Black Beauty album version could be popular (with a different song title)  :teehee:

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

west coast, high by the beach, freak, ride, maybe florida kilos

wc and hbtb especially would of easily done as well as summertime sadness if it was t for the complete lack of promotion

original.png

lana is not a singles artist she has a strong following, she sells albums, doesn't rely on streaming and doesn't need to have fake relationships with popular artists for press not everybody named rihanna has that to their credit

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

All of Lana's music is really boring for radio tbh. I don't think any if them would have been hits

I really disagree. Perhaps yes, AFTER BTD and Paradise, everything is probably too slow for the radio. But BTD the album is most definitely radio friendly.

But I think Ride could have been, (if wildest dreams from Taylor made it, this song could have), Florida Kilos, and West Coast. Perhaps even Brooklyn Baby. That's about it, honestly. The rest of the stuff Lana made doesn't sound radio.

IMO, they even chose the right songs to be singles, if she had done some promo: West Coast (Dan Auerbach mix or radio mix, depending on the radio station and their respective target group), and shorter, more upbeat versions of Brooklyn Baby, High By The Beach and maybe even Music To Watch Boys To could all have been successful singles.

giphy.gif

But I'm afraid that due to the fact that she has not had a radio hit since Summertime Sadness (which was 2012; or 2013 if you're talking about that horrible remix they released outside of Europe), it might be very hard for her to ever have an actual hit again, even if it were a radio-friendly song in the vein of Summertime Sadness. Many people probably forgot about her in the meantime and at this point, I honestly don't see her doing promo again and getting airplay.

But obviously, I'd be happy to be proven wrong. 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Brooklyn Baby could've been a massive hit especially if it was radio edited to be shorter. Seriously it had huge potential to have been the summer anthem of 2014  :poordat:  :sadcore6:

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

None, really. Brooklyn Baby maybe with a shorter edit like Sitar posted before, but the drug reference kills almost any possibility. Same for High By The Beach. And pls don't tell me, BUT TOVE LO!!!111

In all honesty, you need radio and radio won't touch any of her singles if she has the tiniest bit of controversy in it.

Salvatore could have done something for her in Europe, but since Lana has given up on Europe completly, nobody cares about her here anymore outside of a small fanbase.

And that is it, dear ladies and gentleman. 

If she ever wants to have a comeback, she needs to get her ass to Europe, especially UK, Germany and France and promote on TV and radio with filmed performances.

People who in here post Freak (srsly Wtf?!!!!), West Coast, Shades Of Cool or Florida Kilos have no clue what radio is playing. And no airplay = no hit

People in Europe fell in love with her because of her glamorous, retro, big production on BTD. Nothing that came after resembles that. UV was poison for her career in Europe.

All of Lana's music is really boring for radio tbh. I don't think any if them would have been hits

Explain to me how we have Cold Water with Justin boner, lick them with kindness, and once again that snore by gnash I previously posted, playing on radios right now yet Lana is too boring??

This ear bleeding song is currently playing as well. The things I would do to hear Lana on the airwaves

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K44j-sb1SRY