Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

Nothing new will happen today lol

u were right... :crai:  :sadcore:  :sadcore2:  :sadcore3:  :sadcore5:  :sadcore6:  :crying5:  :cryney:

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

On the flipside though, this does probably mean she's taking her time with LDR5 and we can at least hope that the next record will be something new and exciting that she's put heaps of time into. One half of me wishes she had teased something but at the same time, the other half of me is kind of glad that she is truly taking her time with this record to make sure it is perfect.

As much as I personally love Honeymoon, realistically, it was a bit of a rushed effort which she put together within a very short period of time, which is why the album has a very similar soundscape all the way throughout and kind of plods along with the same tone for most of the record. Don't get me wrong, I love the sound that Lana created on Honeymoon but a lot of people didn't, and if Lana really wants to keep her fans interested and the critics giving her good reviews, she is going to have to try something a little bit different this time around... and I really have faith that she is aware of this and wants to ensure that she won't disappoint.

She was open to changing her show a bit, what with adding the backup dancers and the choreography and switching a few of the songs on the setlist, and I am SURE that she has read the countless criticism that half of y'all :creep:  that people have been giving her online telling her to do something with more energy, so she has probably got the message by this point. Plus, she has been spotted with different producers/writers other than just Rick (such as Justin Parker, Emile Haynie, Jonathan Wilson), so that's a good sign that she's collaborating and getting other people's input, so she could be going for something different this time.

now you watch after I've said this, she will probably just come out with HM 2.0  :toofunny:

@@Cacciatore- what gives one that idea??? I don't see anything forecasting that

I think her new album is 100% finished, just awaiting it to be dropped on a week no one else is dropping anything

she doesn't go for #1 songs, so it is irrelevant what single or any single there is.

No news? She wrote a weeknd song that will be released this week, and appears on another. And just did a concert.  How much more news should there be?

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

@@Cacciatore- what gives one that idea??? I don't see anything forecasting that

I think her new album is 100% finished, just awaiting it to be dropped on a week no one else is dropping anything

she doesn't go for #1 songs, so it is irrelevant what single or any single there is.

No news? She wrote a weeknd song that will be released this week, and appears on another. And just did a concert.  How much more news should there be?

I never said anything about there needing to be news, I was just talking about her next album :) And that's fair enough if you disagree and think that she's not trying anything new for the next record... I personally disagree as I think every album she has ever put out has been completely different to its predecessor.

I already explained my reasons as to why I think that.... She has changed up her show by adding back up dancers and choreography and switching around some of her songs (like today she just sung Old Money, which she has only done at a few select shows) + has been working with people other than Rick and is probably aware of the common opinion that many of her fans have that her next album should be something with a bit more energy than HM. All of these factors, to me, give me hope that she will not put out another album in the vein of Honeymoon. 

Also, I never said that I thought she was still working on the album, as for all we know, it could certainly be finished at this stage, but the fact that she has been waiting and hasn't said anything yet indicates to me that she is waiting for the right moment because she wants this next era to be special. And again, I didn't say anywhere in my post that she needs to go for #1 singles. I completely agree with you in the sense that she should be working towards putting out great music over being commercial, all I was saying was that she needs to create good music that is different to what she has already put out.

she should be working towards putting out great music over being commercial

It doesn't necessarily have to be an either/or situation - putting out great music and being commercially successful don't exclude each other.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

On the flipside though, this does probably mean she's taking her time with LDR5 and we can at least hope that the next record will be something new and exciting that she's put heaps of time into. One half of me wishes she had teased something but at the same time, the other half of me is kind of glad that she is truly taking her time with this record to make sure it is perfect.

As much as I personally love Honeymoon, realistically, it was a bit of a rushed effort which she put together within a very short period of time, which is why the album has a very similar soundscape all the way throughout and kind of plods along with the same tone for most of the record. Don't get me wrong, I love the sound that Lana created on Honeymoon but a lot of people didn't, and if Lana really wants to keep her fans interested and the critics giving her good reviews, she is going to have to try something a little bit different this time around... and I really have faith that she is aware of this and wants to ensure that she won't disappoint.

She was open to changing her show a bit, what with adding the backup dancers and the choreography and switching a few of the songs on the setlist, and I am SURE that she has read the countless criticism that half of y'all :creep:  that people have been giving her online telling her to do something with more energy, so she has probably got the message by this point. Plus, she has been spotted with different producers/writers other than just Rick (such as Justin Parker, Emile Haynie, Jonathan Wilson), so that's a good sign that she's collaborating and getting other people's input, so she could be going for something different this time.

now you watch after I've said this, she will probably just come out with HM 2.0  :toofunny:

i agree with everything.