Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

ok but i would be scalped if the album sounds like this, a combination between born to die and ultraviolence 237904909939376131.png pls lana

I'd LOOOOOOOOVE to hear her sing some trip hop, like the REAL thing. I remember when Billboard of other big magazine compared the beats of Sad Girl and her signing (like a haunting Tarantura or vampire) to the sound of Portishead and it was real. I think that's why I loved SG so much because Its has a great combination of what UV is and that Trip Hop sound that fits her voice very much. This is is actually amazing, i download it thanks haha

Btw, check the string on this song. Can you imagine Lana signing something like this? It would be a new sound from her but at the same time the strings would be a caracteristic she's always bringing since BTD

Literally why would you need Lana to make generic songs like STS that 1000 other pop singers already do. To have sales receipts ? Let her be unique and experiment. Thats the way one becomes a influental figure in music. 

This reminds me of her Grazia interview. 

- What else are you going to tell your children (and us)?
“I used to be a member of an underground sect which was reigned by a guru. He surrounded himself with young girls and he had this insane charisma I couldn’t resist as well. So I was in this, I’ll call it sect, because I was longing for love and security. But then I found out that this guru wasn’t a good but a bad person. He thought that he had to break people first before he could build them up again. At the end I left the sect.” 

I really hope (lyric wise) that Lana shares more of this lifestyle with us... It's so intriguing and can be turned into something really beautiful if she does it right. That would also be so fresh for a new era...  :flutter:

"…He thought that he had to break people first before he could build them up again..."

Reminds of her lyric "He thinks that little girls are butterflies and cuts their wings" :aw:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

hollywood sadcore is possibly the most pretentious title ever created.

I love that as a genre name....... lmao

She better be solve et coagulating a :) ton of unreleased melodies and lines into LDR5 as easter eggs for the fans

I WOULD LOOOOOOOOVE this. Cuz it'll be old but new.

That Portishead crap that you guys keep tryna push is terrible. It'd be a good lullaby though. (no wonder no one knows who those people are anymore; snores)

What Lana's gonna end up doing is saying she's making a "new sound" and its going to end up being another Honeymoon. If she doesn't I'll be pleasantly surprised and happy.

I love that as a genre name....... lmao

I WOULD LOOOOOOOOVE this. Cuz it'll be old but new.

That Portishead crap that you guys keep tryna push is terrible. It'd be a good lullaby though. (no wonder no one knows who those people are anymore; snores)

What Lana's gonna end up doing is saying she's making a "new sound" and its going to end up being another Honeymoon. If she doesn't I'll be pleasantly surprised and happy.

:lmao: