Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

And she was even compared to Portishead on Billboard. And, for teenagers reading this. I did generalize but I never said names because I really don't know anyone here but I suppose if someone felt insulted by my comment is just because I was right. Stop the hating guys, it was an opinion and it wasn't really important! 

people even do lana x portishead mashups lol

without portishead, probably lana's style would be different

Go on the streets and ask someone who tf they are. They wont know.

But I digress.

Lana, give us something we can all like. That's all.

lol, that's like the worst argument I've ever seen. So if its not commercial, its not relevant, great point sweetie 

I don't feel like "in the same aesthetic" really tells us anything about what it sounds like because she could either be talking specifically about the HM aesthetic or her overall aesthetic which is unique despite the individual takes each album has on it. 

What Eclipse said more implies it will sound like HM, but I also think it's hard to judge without album art, final production, and all of the songs together in order. If you just heard Old Money on its own, it might feel like it came from HM but in context it makes sense with UV. So like it could go either way there's no way of knowing until we know. 

OMG Lana coming to end the Swift Gestapo!!!!

To stay in political fashion, could this be related to Castro's death? We all know that Lana is actually Cuban.

I know you're joking about her being actually Cuban, but, it probably could be and she is very Hispanic-influized, -doesn't she have friends in Miami?

341e352c9925b3ef7bc5edfb50e3597e.jpg

She actually never said that. She was asked how a New York record would sound compared to a California record. It was a pretty dumb question anyway and she just gave her two cents. She never said that her next album will be more upbeat.

1) She did say it was in the same aesthetic but that could just mean the themes of the album (it was when she wore the brown striped + black dress and was high as hell at the billboard red carpet before her award winning event)

1) She did say it was in the same aesthetic but that could just mean the themes of the album (it was when she wore the brown striped + black dress and was high as hell at the billboard red carpet before her award winning event)

She was high? I didn't know dat

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

That interview everyone keeps bringing up about her talking about an upbeat NY record that's faster, darker and more upbeat was just a response to the interviewee asking her if she saw her self making another one. 

Anyways IDC if it's slow but I just want a new sound but she doesn't ditch Rick Nowels and a lot of my favorite artists (including BANKS) talk about how they only like to work with people they trust and love/have a stable friendship with.

She was high? I didn't know dat

Ctfu I'm just guessing I mean she was very loopy with the way she was walking around/answering the questions.. could be wrong! 

I don't feel like "in the same aesthetic" really tells us anything about what it sounds like because she could either be talking specifically about the HM aesthetic or her overall aesthetic which is unique despite the individual takes each album has on it. 

What Eclipse said more implies it will sound like HM, but I also think it's hard to judge without album art, final production, and all of the songs together in order. If you just heard Old Money on its own, it might feel like it came from HM but in context it makes sense with UV. So like it could go either way there's no way of knowing until we know. 

Yeah that's what I'm hoping, because the change between BTD --> UV was drastic in my opinion. And from UV to Honeymoon it wasn't a drastic change, but still a pretty big one. And people seem to think that she seems to be going more "pop" because of the new dancers she brought to the tour.. so who knows. And this is also the girl who puts songs like Swan Song and Freak on the same album all the time.. we're probably going to get another mixture this time.

it is tho.

honeymoon itself is cinematic but has a sci fi / space theme kind of vibe.

not to mention HBTB/Freak/Art Deco where she put trap music + her signature tone together

the only reason why i dont like HM that much is that it lacks of highlights... every song is a 8-10/10... but i need some 11/10 like Shades of Cool - Brooklyn Baby - West Coast punching at my ugly face!!!!!

HM is way too perfected

Wonder why these snippets are still up? Wouldn't the label take em down?

Don't tell Ben

15181168_1204851619562032_14850352860645

her new description on instagram.

"Solve et coagula" means something like destroying the old bad things and use the good parts of it to do something new (and better).

source: https://www.facebook.com/Lanaism/photos/a.358188400895029.79137.357404620973407/1204851619562032/?type=3&permPage=1

what do u guys think that she will do?

I honestly thought that the new description of her instagram wasn't related with the her album anymore after she changed. I was sure Subversive was related, but with this one, I didn't feel.  :um3: I thought it was more about her since it's her bio, must talk about who she is (you can put anything there tho  :heart: . It's your insta.). I connected with, not just the quote about the guru, but also with this quote at the moment you said the highlighted phrase:

“Bad things happen everyday but you’re not going to be any happier thinking about them. So I don’t think about them.”

So I thought she was just talking about herself. Like, she destroys the bad things and takes the good things about her life and transform in art? I don't know, you all interpret the way you want.  :eek: However, Subversive means "trying to destroy or damage something", right? It has something to do with the new bio. And since Subversive def is related with her album (Eclipse said she described as "Subversive"), this new bio is related. So then I associated with:

"Yeah... but I don't know if you'd really know 'cause it has more to do with just like...I don't know... a clarity of inner dialogue that I feel is coming through better."

There.  :point: Things may have changed since she said that, but who knows?  :whatever2: But then I made another theory: the bios are the process of making the album. "Subversive" was when she was destroying and now "Solve et coagula" is the chapter when she "did the harvest". So...the album is close to finish?  :raven: And the last theory (hopefully): I kind of associated the new bio with Paradise and Tropico because of that review made by @. So...I don't really like to say "*insert album*2.0!", but...maybe a similar concept?  :lel:

Okay, basically:

1. If the bio has something to do with the album (Again, she described the album as "Subversive") and the bio is supposedly to talk about yourself, the album will have the inner dialogue she spoke about it (So kind of GKIT-ish lyrics?).

1.2. It will have similar concept of Paradise and Tropico.

2. The bios are just the process of the album.

3. Nothing really to do with the album, she's just describing who she is.  :lel:

It's a little messy because I was excited, but I tried.  :fact: I just wanted to share what I thought and hear more speculations, please!  :yesnod:

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

I honestly thought that the new description of her instagram wasn't related with the her album anymore after she changed. I was sure Subversive was related, but with this one, I didn't feel. :um3: I thought it was more about her since it's her bio, must talk about who she is (you can put anything there tho :heart: . It's your insta.). I connected with, not just the quote about the guru, but also with this quote at the moment you said the highlighted phrase:

“Bad things happen everyday but you’re not going to be any happier thinking about them. So I don’t think about them.”

So I thought she was just talking about herself. Like, she destroys the bad things and takes the good things about her life and transform in art? I don't know, you all interpret the way you want. :eek: However, Subversive means "trying to destroy or damage something", right? It has something to do with the new bio. And since Subversive def is related with her album (Eclipse said she described as "Subversive"), this new bio is related. So then I associated with:

"Yeah... but I don't know if you'd really know 'cause it has more to do with just like...I don't know... a clarity of inner dialogue that I feel is coming through better."

There. :point: Things may have changed since she said that, but who knows? :whatever2: But then I made another theory: the bios are the process of making the album. "Subversive" was when she was destroying and now "Solve et coagula" is the chapter when she "did the harvest". So...the album is close to finish? :raven: And the last theory (hopefully): I kind of associated the new bio with Paradise and Tropico because of that review made by @. So...I don't really like to say "*insert album*2.0!", but...maybe a similar concept? :lel:

Okay, basically:

1. If the bio has something to do with the album (Again, she described the album as "Subversive") and the bio is supposedly to talk about yourself, the album will have the inner dialogue she spoke about it (So kind of GKIT-ish lyrics?).

1.2. It will have similar concept of Paradise and Tropico.

2. The bios are just the process of the album.

3. Nothing really to do with the album, she's just describing who she is. :lel:

It's a little messy because I was excited, but I tried. :fact: I just wanted to share what I thought and hear more speculations, please! :yesnod:

I really hope your right because paradise was so amazing and it's my favorite album...most people probably won't agree with me but I feel it's pretty different from BTD and it has the best lyrics out all her albums

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

people even do lana x portishead mashups lol

without portishead, probably lana's style would be different

lol, that's like the worst argument I've ever seen. So if its not commercial, its not relevant, great point sweetie 

God, thank you so much for this ear orgasm you just game me!