Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

I always thought that people would release those songs in perhaps a posthumous album? For example, I saw that Prince has material enough to fill 26 albums and MJ could fill 8 albums, if I'm not wrong.  :um2:

You all, please don't misunderstood this post. If they decide to drop a posthumous album, hopefully this will just happen after a really long time.  :pray2:

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

she is barely bothered to sell her actual albums, you really thing she is going to put together a box set of unreleased stuff lol

life is full of possibilities hunny.

i dont care if it's her all of a sudden idea or her greedy label trying to milk me

i just want to collect some official released items of her.

a man can dream.

:hooker:

I always thought that people would release those songs in perhaps a posthumous album? For example, I saw that Prince has material enough to fill 26 albums and MJ could fill 8 albums, if I'm not wrong.  :um2:
You all, please don't misunderstood this post. If they decide to drop a posthumous album, hopefully this will just happen after a really long time.  :pray2:

Bruce Springsteen did release his unreleased tracks before he die.

So did Barbra Streisand

anyways, i wish i would not get alzheimer by then and remember to hoard that before someone sent me to the elders' home.

giphy.gif

Bruce Springsteen did release his unreleased tracks before he die.

So did Barbra Streisand

neither of these people are dead, are you ok?  :toofunny:

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

The only hope we have for her unreleased are the album celebrities put out at the end of their careers, or Eclipse to decide he wants to release them which probably won't happen...

It would be so cool if for Christmas, Eclipse gave us Lana's cover of Have Yourself A Merry Christmas

tbh i don't want lana to release official cds with her unreleased stuff... idk for me they would lost something of their... magic?? also, there is a reason these tracks are not on her albums - they were made for fun/totally different from what she wants to be associated with rn/experimental

nsaalk.jpg

Whether any old stuff should be on LDR5 is a very different issue than whether any old stuff should ever be on distinct future releases (e.g., an LDR0 thru LDR-6). To assess the latter I think you need to compare what she's done unreleased-wise with what's out there commercially to appreciate. I also think that box sets would be a crappy way to do the latter as it removes the flexibility to buy just what you like, though I do like the idea of LDR grouping songs into individual albums just to see how she would do it (not counting AKA, Sirens, and possibly a Princess Superstar produced EP, of course). I think LDR would survive a series of "Greatest Misses" CDs and I think there is enough material for some classics. But hey, that's just my opinion. 

It sounds so good in the preview. Why not?

I want the lead single to be way more groundbreaking and ~subversive~ than lib which sounds like any of her other soundtrack songs. But I wouldn't mind it being included as a bonus track :creep:

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

I want the lead single to be way more groundbreaking and ~subversive~ than lib which sounds like any of her other soundtrack songs. But I wouldn't mind it being included as a bonus track :creep:

yeah, i want the same impact that WEST COAST gave me on a lead single. that was FIRE.

WC stopped the world

it really did. i had a BAD ROMANCE moment - i literally stopped what i was doing, dropped my soda on the floor and did not move until the 2nd chorus - at that point i just started swaying around like an idiot. shortly after the song ended, i group called my friends and we were freaking out. 

it really did. i had a BAD ROMANCE moment - i literally stopped what i was doing, dropped my soda on the floor and did not move until the 2nd chorus - at that point i just started swaying around like an idiot. shortly after the song ended, i group called my friends and we were freaking out.

I was really excited, and prayed that she wouldn't flop. When I listened to it for the first time, I was SHOOK. Couldn't believe what I just heard. Iconic moment of my life. It was too good to be true

I was really excited, and prayed that she wouldn't flop. When I listened to it for the first time, I was SHOOK. Couldn't believe what I just heard. Iconic moment of my life. It was too good to be true

when you get to my age you have a list of SHOOK moments in life.

aw man, i remember when i saw the HMBOMT video from Britney. i have never in my life jumped from a sofa and in front of a tv SINCE. lol 

Bruce Springsteen isn't dead ?!?!?

neither of these people are dead, are you ok?  :toofunny:

that's kinda my point?

they are both alive and they released an unreleased collection?

:toofunny:

(edit: i should have said "alive" but "before they die" still makes sense coz they are not dead  :creep: )

giphy.gif