Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

It's really funny how everyone is expecting and talking about how theey want the sound to be different than Honeymoon when she's already confirmed it's in the same aesthetic.. lol. And the way the demos are described, it's another HM. I'm just excited for new lyrics + Rick Nowels produced the UV demos and y'all didn't seem to hate Fine China and Yes To Heaven... we could be getting a sound similar to those.

I love that as a genre name....... lmao

I WOULD LOOOOOOOOVE this. Cuz it'll be old but new.

That Portishead crap that you guys keep tryna push is terrible. It'd be a good lullaby though. (no wonder no one knows who those people are anymore; snores)

What Lana's gonna end up doing is saying she's making a "new sound" and its going to end up being another Honeymoon. If she doesn't I'll be pleasantly surprised and happy.

:facepalm:  :toofunny:

That Portishead crap that you guys keep tryna push is terrible. It'd be a good lullaby though. (no wonder no one knows who those people are anymore; snores)

That's because teenagers didn't grow up listening good music, they're mostly used to the same sound and style over and over again. If a 15 yo kid doesn't know what Portishead is doesn't means the band isn't good or unknown, its just that ignorance is daring. I'm really glad she spend time with Abel in the studio because that mean she STILL not interested in working with mainstream producers.

And for that person who said that BTD was a Trip Hop album, it really wasn't, at all! You should try listening a few other styles. For example, truly alternative artists, like those who Lana like or might like. You know, music is not only limited to Ariana Grande, Sia, Selena Gomez or Dr. Luke produced songs.

That's because teenagers didn't grow up listening good music, they're mostly used to the same sound and style over and over again. That a 15 yo kid doesn't know what Portishead is doesn't means the band isn't good or unknown, its just that ignorance is daring. I'm really glad she spend time with Abel in the studio. She's definitely not interested in working with mainstream producers. And for that person who said that BTD was a Trip Hop album, it really wasn't, at all!

not to be THAT 15 year old but you cant say we all grew up on bad music. My mom has a huge variety in her music taste and it's contributed to A LOT of my music taste today. One day she'd be listening to Kelly Rowland and Ciara, while another day she would be listening to Slipknot and Kiss. I grew up listening to almost everything, obviously i've gravitated more towards the Kelly Rowland/Ciara side lol but you can't generalize a whole age group just because of what they play on the radio. Some other favorites of mine that I rarely talk about are Fleetwood Mac, The Cranberries, Janis Joplin, and Wham!

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

not to be THAT 15 year old but you cant say we all grew up on bad music. My mom has a huge variety in her music taste and it's contributed to A LOT of my music taste today. One day she'd be listening to Kelly Rowland and Ciara, while another day she would be listening to Slipknot and Kiss. I grew up listening to almost everything, obviously i've gravitated more towards the Kelly Rowland/Ciara side lol but you can't generalize a whole age group just because of what they play on the radio. Some other favorites of mine that I rarely talk about are Fleetwood Mac, The Cranberries, Janis Joplin, and Wham!

exactly, i was born and raised in Puerto Rico hearing salsa, bachata, merengue, reggaeton, spanish pop, english pop, UK techno, House, electronic, American rock from the 1960-1990s, and even brazilian indie pop  :awk:

You know, music is not only limited to Ariana Grande, Sia, Selena Gomez or Dr. Luke produced songs.

Okay it seems like you're trying to say that artists such as Ariana, Sia, and Selena aren't true artists because they get more radio play than a "truly" alternative artist. Of course they're played all over radios because the GP would rather bop than really listen (Not saying that's bad). It's really not fair for you to dismiss those kinds of artists in favor of "true artists"

That's because teenagers didn't grow up listening good music, they're mostly used to the same sound and style over and over again. If a 15 yo kid doesn't know what Portishead is doesn't means the band isn't good or unknown, its just that ignorance is daring. I'm really glad she spend time with Abel in the studio because that mean she STILL not interested in working with mainstream producers.

And for that person who said that BTD was a Trip Hop album, it really wasn't, at all! You should try listening a few other styles. For example, truly alternative artists, like those who Lana like or might like. You know, music is not only limited to Ariana Grande, Sia, Selena Gomez or Dr. Luke produced songs.

I'm over the age of 15. And I'm not a teenager anymore tbh.

But okay.

"Listening to good music" okay music snob. I didn't grow up listening to it because my parents weren't into the whole indie obscurity, depression inducing, poetry over sounds type music. I'm not saying that because their music is unknown that it isn't good. I'm just saying that because NO ONE knows who they are, it shows they had no real influence therefore, the sound needs to stay in the past where it died. :) Have a great day.

Didnt she say that new record is faster more upbeat and New York like?

When did she say it has similar atheistic to HM?

As for the demos, eeek don't judge it yet because look at Black Beauty before it was reworked to fit UV or even West Coast demo (aka radio version) versus album version.

As for the demos, eeek don't judge it yet because look at Black Beauty before it was reworked to fit UV or even West Coast demo (aka radio version) versus album version.

That must've been back in March when she was probs still writing lyrics and early concepts.. But then again didn't Lana tell a fan about Swan Song lile 7 months prior to release? Wonder if it was only lyrics back fhen.. Also she never said it was similar to Honeymoon, Eclipse said so after listening to the demos so we kinda just based all of pur speculation on that

EDIT: and I think Black Beauty and West Coast were reworked for the "new" UV after songs from the old one leaked and Lana was stumped in creativity for a bit.. Then she brought Dan onto the album and we have ULTRAVIOLENCE

She actually never said that. She was asked how a New York record would sound compared to a California record. It was a pretty dumb question anyway and she just gave her two cents. She never said that her next album will be more upbeat.

I'm over the age of 15. And I'm not a teenager anymore tbh.

But okay.

"Listening to good music" okay music snob. I didn't grow up listening to it because my parents weren't into the whole indie obscurity, depression inducing, poetry over sounds type music. I'm not saying that because their music is unknown that it isn't good. I'm just saying that because NO ONE knows who they are, it shows they had no real influence therefore, the sound needs to stay in the past where it died. :) Have a great day.

"You were sorta punk rock. I grew up on Hip-Hop."

omg I cant believe what I've just read.

Let me tell you something: honey, just because YOU dont know who they are, that doesnt mean that NOBODY knows who they are. That just mean that you are not into trip-hop/alternative music.

"it shows the had no real influence therefore". yeah, I mean, they're just like one of the most important trip-hop bands and are like one of the precursors of this style, but sure, they've had no influence. And you know, we're talking about the style that inspired sia, for example.So honey, first you should read about those bands before saying something like this

some of u rly need some TASTE and RESPECT for genre veterans that paved the way for Lana to make this kinda music now... smh

Edit: also LOL @ "no one knows who portishead is" while various members have been posting links to their music in this thread for the past 30 pages :lmao:

14417469274.gif

queen of being problematic and dragged

waiting for something official ugh come on Lana!

In the same vein as honeymoon wouldn't be bad to me, I would've liked some bonus tracks but the live BBC session was v nice. I also liked the videos, although a bit underwhelming, but hey I enjoyed the whole era overall

Edit: also LOL @ "no one knows who portishead is" while various members have been posting links to their music in this thread for the past 30 pages :lmao:

And she was even compared to Portishead on Billboard. And, for teenagers reading this. I did generalize but I never said names because I really don't know anyone here but I suppose if someone felt insulted by my comment is just because I was right. Stop the hating guys, it was an opinion and it wasn't really important!