Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

I agree with leaked_version... the album has to be game-changing. I don't care about genres, tempos or styles; it just has to be mind-blowing. That's the only thing she can do to stay relevant and respected by critics/the GP these days.

So far the critics love her new releases even more than the previous one.

The GP tho..,. is something else.

Anyways, I always trust Lana when it comes to new music from her.

giphy.gif

Well for something to be a game changing album I think she would have to change her style at least a little bit and not have songs with a tempo as low as the ones on honeymoon.. honestly I just want songs with great lyrics again and that takes time. HM has tragic lyrics at some points. Paradise has her best lyrics, and UV lyrics are very good too.

Well for something to be a game changing album I think she would have to change her style at least a little bit and not have songs with a tempo as low as the ones on honeymoon.. honestly I just want songs with great lyrics again and that takes time. HM has tragic lyrics at some points. Paradise has her best lyrics, and UV lyrics are very good too.

you tryin' to say 'stranger than a stranger' isn't a fantastic lyric ? scandalous.

You're trying to say "With his ultraviolence ultraviolence ultraviolence I can hear sirens" is a good lyrics? Scandalous!

giphy.gif

its not just the album that she needs to do a mind blowing job at, its also her promotion. without appearances, interviews, etc. nobody is going to even know an album dropped. she needs to stop being scared of the media.

its not just the album that she needs to do a mind blowing job at, its also her promotion. without appearances, interviews, etc. nobody is going to even know an album dropped. she needs to stop being scared of the media.

tbh i don't care about appearances or stuff.

i just want some great imagery, and some amazing videos a la 'Ride'.

(imagery is one of the main things she became famous for tbh.)

tbh she needs to do some appearances or else no one is gonna catch up with the new stuff. some people didn't even know hm existed till they looked lana up. one bbc session, some urban outfitters signings and one nme coverstory won't do the work.

i76mrxw.png 

I feel like we're going to get an announcement or confirmation of something soon. Also that Lana will give us something amazing with the album. Defintley something we've never heard before. I feel as if the sound will also be different very different than we've also heard before. With her newfound clarity of inner dialogue I feel as if she wants to do something very special for the era & sound. I can feel it she's coming! She's going to destroy us all like she did the helicopter! I can feel it!!!

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

Melanie Martinez??? lol Lana has sold millions, MM is zero competition and nowhere in the same league as far as sales or exposure.

Ok, but why is Melanie currently outselling and outstreaming Lana?

Some of you need to realise that the music industry is changing so fast, it's insane. 

The industry has never been into such a place like now.

Ok, but why is Melanie currently outselling and outstreaming Lana?

Some of you need to realise that the music industry is changing so fast, it's insane.

The industry has never been into such a place like now.

And some of us need to realise that their expectations regarding sale numbers etc are out of place when it comes to Lana