Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

how can y'all say hm isn't monotonous when the first three songs literally start like:

"Wee both knoooowwwww"

"Piiiiiiiiiiiiinkkkk Flamingoooeeessss"

"Youuuuuuuuuu Areeeeeeee What You AReeeeeee"

they all basically have the same melody, composition, and she sings them with the same monotonous voice.

if i ever saw a digital reach - this is it.

:deadbanana:

if i ever saw a digital reach - this is it.

:deadbanana:

how is it a reach when i gave you an example (out of the millions) of why hm is monotonous

i don't hate hm (anymore) my username is literally tbd but saying it isn't monotonous is just lying to yourself. literally listen the vocals of each track, its like she recorded them in one session, because they're all the same. and as I've said i think lana wanted it to be that way

No, not really. Comparing a book to an album is just nonsense so I don't have to provide arguments against it. I don't have to provide arguments why you don't compare an album with a videogame or a TV show aswell.

"I think this mexican food is too hot." "Oh really? Do you think the sand is too hot in the summer aswell when you are on the beach?"

In terms of telling a story, you can compare these two. Just expand your horizon.

**3 albums , AKA was released but it was taken down after only being up for a short period and currently it isn't purchasable nor listenable (unless you rip/download it from somewhere else) and she completely ignores it besides Yayo (which was on the paradise ep so i would consider yayo a released song)

whaaaatttt this is honestly when i think the album gets good lol. honeymoon then mtwbt then tly then gkit. too many slow songs to start an album, especially considering that most of them are about 5 minutes or longer! if it weren't for hbtb, freak, art deco, and religion, this album would've been more monotonous than it already is.

how can y'all say hm isn't monotonous when the first three songs literally start like:

"Wee both knoooowwwww"

"Piiiiiiiiiiiiinkkkk Flamingoooeeessss"

"Youuuuuuuuuu Areeeeeeee What You AReeeeeee"

they all basically have the same melody, composition, and she sings them with the same monotonous voice.

you can't call btd uv and paradise monotonous because even if she has several ballads, she switches up her vocals!!!!!! the only vocally different song in hm is religion and only because of its "hallelujah" part.

Honeymoon is a great album, but just because its great doesn't mean it can't be monotonous. it is monotonous and i honestly think lana planned for it to be that way.

never said the word monotonous so much in my life

This is too funny

what saves Lana are her lyrics actually, even the songs I don't like the sound of have amazing lyrics! so no matter what she's gonna give us on LDR5, we can be sure it's gonna have good lyrics!

nsaalk.jpg

In terms of telling a story, you can compare these two. Just expand your horizon.

Don't be pathetic. We are talking about the sonical diversity of an album and not about a story. If a book is monotonous that's something completely else

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Don't be pathetic. We are talking about the sonical diversity of an album and not about a story. If a book is monotonous that's something completely else

Where is the sonical diversity of BTD or UV? Every album is based on a certain sonical foundation

Lana is a major artist, signed to a major label, she probably has a similar contract to other pop girls out there. That doesn't mean that she has to make bops and pull a 2010 gaga, but some of u make it sound like she never intented to reach the charts at all? She knew what she was doing when she signed that contract, she knew what she was doing when she was the face for two huge H&M campaigns, her first one was bigger in Germany than the Beyoncé one. Tropico had enourmous budget, you can compare that to the weekend's starboy film. She was the main theme song for a huge baz luhrman movie. And then some of u say that basic irrelevant remix (which was basically irrelevant here and she already had a multi selling record and platinum singles in europe) ruined her being a bubbling under indie artist aka the next coming of fiona apple?

You need to realise that her label and team want to get some coins from her and I honestly can't understand how they let her handle things as she did with hm. UV had some kind of schedule at least (which was cancelled). There was a tougher promo schedule for 25 and Adele didn't even need it, just to remind you, she sold out 4 stadium concerts within minutes just a week ago. Lana doesn't need to make a trap record but something that doesn't put her OWN fanbase to sleep would be a good start and probably helpful for her career.

THIS!

where did he show that? You can't show something that's not true. All of the songs on HM are good, you may like or dislike some of thm but the album as a whole is super monotonous and there is not much diversity.

Music is a taste. But some things are not. You can't deny that HM has no big diversity in terms of tempo or production. Wether you like it or not is another thing. And no, BTD, UV and P are all cohesive, yet none of it is as monotonous as HM is.

And please, comparing books with albums? That's just weak.

Exactly! The individual songs are without any doubt great, but unlike all her previous albums, I don't listen to Honeymoon as a whole very often because literally every song (except MTWBT, HBTB and maybe Freak) has the same tempo, minimal production and is sung in the same monotonous voice.  :toofunny: If that's the way Lana wanted Honeymoon to sound, well fine - I personally hope that her next album will offer more variety again.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Where is the sonical diversity of BTD or UV? Every album is based on a certain sonical foundation

There is a foundation and then there is the execution. Especially BtD is quite diverse for a Lana album. Or do you want to say that there is no contrast between Diet Mountain Dew, Video Games, Blue Jeans and National Anthem? Do you not think Brooklyn Baby, Shades Of Cool, Old Money and West Coast are pretty diverse executions of UV "sonical foundation"?

It's hard to find 4 songs on HM that sound that different to each other. HBTB and Freak stick out, the rest is super similar.

Exactly! The individual songs are without any doubt great, but unlike all her previous albums, I don't listen to Honeymoon as a whole very often because literally every song (except MTWBT, HBTB and maybe Freak) has the same tempo, minimal production and is sung in the same monotonous voice.

THIS!

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!