Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

I love honeymoon (I can't hate anything Lana does) but I think it took me a lot longer to appreciate it because the cover pre-disposed me to feel like it wasn't as good as her other albums. I'm really hoping the visuals for this album are on point because it really sets the tone for the initial impression

BRUH I just had a dream that Meet me in the pale moonlight was released as a stand alone single before this album and it had some country twangs and an explosive orchestra by the end of the song. And the artwork had a tropical purple hue similar to MTWBT :rip:

I can't wait until we get a title so that true thematic speculation can begin :fabcat:

I was reading the UV prerelease thread and one member said the title makes them think the album cover will be a pic of her face in black and white with 'Ultraviolence' in block capitals :toofunny: :toofunny: may I one day reach that level of foresight amen

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

Stress and anxiety crossing over into peoples dreams.

Lana teas shaking the astral gateways of the mind, slay Queen of interdimensional hype xxxxxx

burnt norton

I don't usually go into full on speculation mode (especially when we have no official information, like definite dates and what not) but if there's any truth to the supposed November/December timeline that 2 radio stations have mentioned, what would that timeline look like? Announcement in Nov, single in Dec? Could there be a an album release in January to mark the 5 year anniversary of BTD? Just a thought, please don't drag me

I don't usually go into full on speculation mode (especially when we have no official information, like definite dates and what not) but if there's any truth to the supposed November/December timeline that 2 radio stations have mentioned, what would that timeline look like? Announcement in Nov, single in Dec? Could there be a an album release in January to mark the 5 year anniversary of BTD? Just a thought, please don't drag me

I honestly don't think anyone has an accurate idea of when anything is happening

JackSonNOVEMBER? 

Subversive announcement in November? 

I really think that we'll have the single until the end of the year. The time is passing and we still have nothing, so the album won't probably be released this year, 'cause it'd be a big rush to announce, release a lead single, promote a little bit... There's simply no time to release the album this year (unless she announced the single, like, tomorrow or something).

But the single... I bet it's sooner than we think. 

The shit is we know the bitch reads everything we comment, so she knows how DESPERATE we are to have some info about it. She must laugh a lot at us. I know I would.

I am so thirsty I keep trying to imagine how the beginning of the album will sound like.

She has a way of making the beginnings sound SO FUCKING misterious (the heavenly strings in Born to Die, the creepy violins in Honeymoon, the heavy guitar chords of the entrance of Cruel World...).

I lie down on my bed at night and just keep trying to imagine how will be the opening of the new record. Please, Lana, save us!  :defeated:

I am so thirsty I keep trying to imagine how the beginning of the album will sound like.

She has a way of making the beginnings sound SO FUCKING misterious (the heavenly strings in Born to Die, the creepy violins in Honeymoon, the heavy guitar chords of the entrance of Cruel World...).

I lie down on my bed at night and just keep trying to imagine how will be the opening of the new record. Please, Lana, save us! :defeated:

OMG you're so right, the first few seconds mark the tone for the rollercoaster ride of the entire album

Imagine how the first thing she ever sings us from the new album sounds like :deadbanana: I'm getting emotional just thinking about it

How do you all take in a new single/song? I do it in a dark room, all lights off, headphones in, close my eyes, on my bed propped up as soon as the song drops.

Anyway, she hasn't posted on insta for ages now, she is definitely busy or just taking a long pause before beginning the tease of ldr5 :toofunny:

I'm convinced, the next instagram post will be something to do with the new album.

I said this once before and it ended up being that pic of lana posing with some painting, that was much later revealed to be in Emile Haynie's studio, aka evidence he was producing

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

OMG you're so right, the first few seconds mark the tone for the rollercoaster ride of the entire album

Imagine how the first thing she ever sings us from the new album sounds like :deadbanana: I'm getting emotional just thinking about it

How do you all take in a new single/song? I do it in a dark room, all lights off, headphones in, close my eyes, on my bed propped up as soon as the song drops.

Anyway, she hasn't posted on insta for ages now, she is definitely busy or just taking a long pause before beginning the tease of ldr5 :toofunny:

I'm convinced, the next instagram post will be something to do with the new album.

I said this once before and it ended up being that pic of lana posing with some painting, that was much later revealed to be in Emile Haynie's studio, aka evidence he was producing

I'm pretty sure about this too. I mean, it's past time she posts something and instagram was the network she was most active this past year.

About the single/new songs: I normally go to my house (I don't hear it on the street or something like that), connect my computer to the sound system (it's a huge sound system my dad bought a few years ago), turn it to the highest volume and push the play button. And stand there, beside the sound system the whole song, smiling my ass off. The whole street listens with me hahahaha.

P.S.: When I first went to listen to Brooklyn Baby, two wine glasses fell from the cabinet because of the sound vibration on the floor (the beats on the chorus were too heavy). My mom barely killed me.