Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

Dan already said she didn't do much. Lana had the musical concept of UV in mind but she needed a genius to "bring the fire". He also said all her demos were incredible and they only had to re-record them. Y'all act like Dan is the main reason of UV's brilliance.

This happens all the time when a female singer works with a famous male producer...

I didn't know that.

And definitely not - the producer could've been anyone and I still would be attributed to them the divergence in sound on Ultraviolence from her previous albums. The gender, sexuality, race or religion of a producer is irrelevant to how they can influence the sound of a record.

The mood, visuals and aesthetic Lana created herself with UV was a major part of its brilliance, the music and the darkness and the drugs. It is undoubtable, though, that Auerbach brought something special to the sound - all producers do, they all have an individual flair that is reflected in the music. It was a collaborative effort, with so many factors, that made Ultraviolence this multifaceted masterpiece.

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

I want the wait for this album to be LONG! She's given us 4 releases in 4 years and I really just want this album to be spectacular. I don't know how i feel about her spending less than 2 years every time.. it's not always going to turn out the way she'd want her fans would want. 

I want amazing visuals like BTD/Paradise but with 2 era's and knowing her personality, I just feel like she's content with how many fans she has + staying lowkey with low budget music videos. She's a simple girl.. we need to MOVE on and just enjoy the music.

i know this is me being naive, but im really hoping for something new with this album

she brings something new with each release

she did with btd and uv but hm is really just a mix of both albums and supposedly ldr4 is just like hm and i dont want that

Absolutely not, but I won't waste my time typing a long ass post. Look deeper dude. (I'm not being rude btw)

she did with btd and uv but hm is really just a mix of both albums and supposedly ldr4 is just like hm and i dont want that

but isn't that still new  :crossed:  like Born to Ultraviolence style is still a new style she hadn't done before Honeymoon

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

she brings something new with each release

I was just having a conversation with someone about this.. Without even being a fan, you could listen to songs off of each album shuffled (AKA through Honeymoon) and be able to identify which album it's from. Each album is so different from every other, both sonically and thematically.

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Absolutely not, but I won't waste my time typing a long ass post. Look deeper dude. (I'm not being rude btw)

its really a matter of opinion, but hm still had the same song structures as uv and instrumentals btd. a few of the new things is the trap beats, the italian vibe, the songs got slower, her voice is more monotone

in conclusion, i dont want her to have 2 albums that are too similar, her discography takes pride in each album being different in aesthetics and vibes

I was just having a conversation with someone about this.. Without even being a fan, you could listen to songs off of each album shuffled (AKA through Honeymoon) and be able to identify which album it's from. Each album is so different from every other, both sonically and thematically.

@ me next time  :hooker:  jk lol

Lana is more alone than she's ever been; she's kept the camera rolling long after the men and boys who populated her previous releases have left the frame. 

This is what Honeymoon was . . Lana had just gone through a break up when she was making honeymoon.. I feel like she kind of had a 'Mid life crisis' while coming to realize how lonely she is. This time around I feel like she is taking more time for herself instead of focusing on relationships, enjoying life more. That's why I am happy she's going out more and taking her time with this record. I am so excited to see what she comes up with ! She seems to be more stronger and independent these days!