Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

I'm so excited to hear the first single and to get the MV and then the speculation time where we wait for a track list and then try figure out how they all sound :suicide: prealbum release is so exciting omg

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

Look, thank you for all of the material and info you've given us throughout your time on this board.

But you have to admit that you are the one and only cause of all the drama going on in this thread right now. And don't say that it is US users that make all the mess on this thread when you "share some stuff", the mess only appears when you go around saying "oh look at me ladi-da-dee! I have all these unleaked songs oh and heres one lyric from the song, and heres a 10 second snippet. enjoy! look at me! i'm sharing!"..... honestly people have said it here a million times before but if you're not going to share the whole song then don't share anything at all because all you ever do is create more and more drama and mess... it's simply inevitable, people get salty when you only release tiny snippets or one-line lyrics and surely you know that by now after witnessing this time after time

I'm sure that I speak for everyone when I say that we truly appreciate the things you have shared in full, and the info you've provided over time, but tbh we are all sick of the way that you parade around "sharing" hundreds of useless snippets just for attention. And every post you make, I swear you just want more attention. And the fact that you have supposedly been selling Lana's unreleased material, that is just DISGUSTING if that is the case. Not only is it illegal but it's highly disrespectful to Lana and all of the musicians, producers and writers who have actually created the songs then you come along and try to make a profit off of something that you had absolutely no part in creating.

And another thing, if Lana "implored" you and begged you to not share anything and to keep info to yourself, then why did you come running straight back to this forum to brag about what she told you? As much as I loved getting the info about LDR5 its disappointing knowing that you've directly gone against what Lana asked of you, as I'm sure she wouldn't want us to know this info.

Hopefully there won't be much more drama leading up to the release of the album, but I'm afraid that its unlikely that that will be the case.

P.S. leak Your Girl. Love you! Xx :brows:

Love you <3 one of the few people who think rationally here

Tbh I would hate it if she covered a Britney spears song and I've never understood any sort of comparison between the two britneys a pop star Lana isn't depending on which part of the fandom you ask

no, im not kylie, you can’t compare me to another one, there’s no one else, im nobody, im just myself :hooker:

tumblr_oq5qbhvXRQ1v790vno1_540.png

this is an analogy to respond to those who brought the Beatles and Sia into the conversation

(it might take a little basic reading comprehension 101 to see this- and reading the entire thing, not the first paragraph only

and directly refers to Lana the Unique as compared to Sia the Generic that most kiddies think is a 10 year girl who is in the silly videos)

(Kids, they can't write, they are too lazy to work, and they can't seem to read it seems.)

anyhoo-......

(as at least 4 kiddies above put down the Beatles, putting down the Beatles is putting down Lana-)

=====================================================================================================

The Beatles were the greatest thing in 1964 in music

however

Bing Crosby Louis Armstrong Duke Ellington were THE important thing in popular music

Without those 3, there most likely would be no popular music

then go to Piaf and Dietrich

Kiddies today not only do not understand the relevance of the Beatles

they have no idea whatsoever what Bing Crosby did to make him so important to the entire pop music as we know it today

without Bing, no Sinatra, No Elvis, without Elvis, no Beatles or Beach Boys without Beatles, no Elton John without Elton no Pet Shop Boys without Pet Shop Boys no any type of dance music

Beach Boys made the Beatles immortal, and then directly Beatles/Beach Boys led to Elton leads to PSB leads to Lana

and as someone older-

I always hated the waste of time when Elton decided to release a fast song (like Saturday Night's alright), because I want to hear a piano based SLOW song

without a 10 year old girl, who the stupid public thought was Sia, there would be no Sia. I bet ask 100 people and they think Sia (who is not unique to start off with)

is the 10year old girl. Nothing against Sia but  she is not unique

all the artists listed above and Lana are unique.

and give me 5-6-7-8-910 minute songs like Ride (with the monologue)

like most every Harry Chapin song, Richard Harris sung, Jimmy Webb written MacArthur Park, Hey Jude, American Pie, John Miles full version of Music, Bohemian Rhapody, Funeral for a friend and all the historic unique rock and roll classics that had one thing in common- they were long

and suites and concept albums like Paradise, Ultraviolence and Honeymoon

btw- I like what Brian Eno is saying, it is quite a novel idea

classics all

I can remember, a long time ago (in a galaxy far far away) playing some Led Zeppelin for my mom on prehistoric headphones. Her response was "wow, they really sound black". Maybe she meant Ellington or Armstrong, but I suspect the African-American influence on pop music is much wider, although it is not clear to what extent "popular music" is being used as a limited bandwidth style of music (which is what the tight genealogies provided suggest to me). I tend to view "popular music" as anything within a time period achieving some popularity (therefore, Bach cantatas and Haydn symphonies also qualify). 

While you could make the argument that had an asteroid not axed the dinosaurs, LDR would have been a singing reptile, I don't think you can convincingly argue Sinatra could not exist without a Bing. He just had too much talent not to have done something interesting in a *music-encouraging* society, although he might have been different without this or that influence. The Beatles, very early on, were recognized as an intersection between insanely popular and impressively talented. They were/are definitely influential, but not exclusively through their music but through the amount of popularity they achieved, which inspired others to try to do the same. 

BTW- what is Brian Eno saying these days? Great musician/producer/trailblazer who hung around and collaborated with insanely talented people, but not so immensly popular himself. One interesting thing about him is that he wrote great *miniatures* of avant-pop music, as well as very hard to get maxiatures. The album Another Green World and some of his rock-oriented solo albums (Taking Tiger Mountain ...) are, if not classic, really, really interesting. He's produced for the Talking Heads, U2, Bowie, and no doubt others, and was a founding member of Roxy Music, whose frontman Bryan Ferry is a good example of an LDR-type star (i.e., a glamorous star with "future-retro" aesthetic). 

Look, thank you for all of the material and info you've given us throughout your time on this board.

But you have to admit that you are the one and only cause of all the drama going on in this thread right now. And don't say that it is US users that make all the mess on this thread when you "share some stuff", the mess only appears when you go around saying "oh look at me ladi-da-dee! I have all these unleaked songs oh and heres one lyric from the song, and heres a 10 second snippet. enjoy! look at me! i'm sharing!"..... honestly people have said it here a million times before but if you're not going to share the whole song then don't share anything at all because all you ever do is create more and more drama and mess... it's simply inevitable, people get salty when you only release tiny snippets or one-line lyrics and surely you know that by now after witnessing this time after time

I'm sure that I speak for everyone when I say that we truly appreciate the things you have shared in full, and the info you've provided over time, but tbh we are all sick of the way that you parade around "sharing" hundreds of useless snippets just for attention. And every post you make, I swear you just want more attention. And the fact that you have supposedly been selling Lana's unreleased material, that is just DISGUSTING if that is the case. Not only is it illegal but it's highly disrespectful to Lana and all of the musicians, producers and writers who have actually created the songs then you come along and try to make a profit off of something that you had absolutely no part in creating.

And another thing, if Lana "implored" you and begged you to not share anything and to keep info to yourself, then why did you come running straight back to this forum to brag about what she told you? As much as I loved getting the info about LDR5 its disappointing knowing that you've directly gone against what Lana asked of you, as I'm sure she wouldn't want us to know this info.

Hopefully there won't be much more drama leading up to the release of the album, but I'm afraid that its unlikely that that will be the case.

P.S. leak Your Girl. Love you! Xx :brows:

But didn't he just apologize for all of this multiple times, not acted this way since, and asked if we could all move on and leave it in the past?

For someone who likes logical reasoning, all the drama you brought up has nothing to do with LDR5. Eclipse didn't post snippets or lyrics, only his opinion on the music video and sonic direction of the new album.

And thank you @Eclipse it's nice to know that it reminds you of the Untouchable 5 and Honeymoon (if a bit disappointing) and I'm excited that it's one of the best music videos you think she has ever done.

He loves me with every beat of his cocaine heart.

Damn you all are so melodramatic --just be quiet and enjoy the info that he's willing to share. You don't have to write 10 pg essays about a singular forum member lmao.

I'm ready for some slow jams from Lana if that's what she feels like writing. She's the only artist I love that isn't ignored/severely mistreated by her label. We're so lucky that we have HALF of the material we've gotten. So many artists that have albums and albums gathering dust on a hard drive and will likely never be heard.

I feel like this album won't have as many songs about love and her man that she's always singing about. I'm expecting some songs about her own life and learning about herself as a person.

I was thinking there'd be 1-2 songs about her breakup w Francessco

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

I feel like this album won't have as many songs about love and her man that she's always singing about. I'm expecting some songs about her own life and learning about herself as a person.

I hope so! I want to see her in a new light because we've gotten a lot of songs about her neglectful men and drugs now. HM had a lot of color imagery which I liked.

As of sound I think it'll be mostly like religion. I noticed that on ANTI it's also very guitar/drums driven and is still a good album imo. Lana has a song called "Me and my boyfriend" that she played in her band when she was "the rich whores" and it had a great drum + guitar instrumental.

I need her to unrelentingly tease us, tear our wigs one hair at a time, drag us to filth for having ever doubted her with sensational new music and videos, reward us for this waiting and make this era more full of activity than her last two combined :deadbanana:

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

You know, I could definitely see that happening considering that she said a while back that this album is more "inner dialogue", which sounds like discussing things that are more internalised and within (so probably not external experiences with a lover this time).

I'd actually love a more personal album that's more about herself than a lover. I mean, I absolutely adore her sweet, romantic love songs and her wild, explosive songs about crazy experiences with men she's met... buy BOY do we have a lot of them already, lol! I like how in songs like Old Money, Fine China and even High By The Beach (there are more examples, these are just the first few random songs that came to my mind), she has a few lyrics that relate more to herself rather than another person. Lyrics like "yet still inside I felt alone, for reasons unknown to me" / "I've always been a woman of faith, strong like a tree, but the unlucky one" / "Lights, camera, acción, I'll do it on my own, don't need your money to get me what I want".... and so on. These are some great lyrics in my opinion and I'd love to see more like these on LDR5.

@valentineeye @cacciatore @@trashmagic

Honeymoon did not have any songs about men and love

and was totally a battle between Ms. Grant and Ms. Del Rey (including and especially Salvatore where she showed she was one step ahead of everyone else

and just when they thought they were catching up and catching on she moved one further step ahead again

Honeymoon the song was not about romance but the romance going out of being Ms. Del Rey and then was reinforced in High By the Beach's video, which

upon just hearing the audio, one did not catch the meaning

all topped off by the incredible (but only if one did not misunderstand) photography especially the real person looking out the top of the tour bus and the great

shot of the boat in the water sitting on the railing of the house

and if one misunderstood after don't let me be misunderstood, all it took was going back to the slow-build (Stairway to heaven)/Last Farewell (see Roger Whittaker) opening number (albeit slower) Honeymoon

and listening all the way through again and again

(assuming one isn't just a kiddie with a 3 second attention span who gets bored too easily)

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

@valentineeye @cacciatore @@trashmagic

Honeymoon did not have any songs about men and love

and was totally a battle between Ms. Grant and Ms. Del Rey (including and especially Salvatore where she showed she was one step ahead of everyone else

and just when they thought they were catching up and catching on she moved one further step ahead again

Honeymoon the song was not about romance but the romance going out of being Ms. Del Rey and then was reinforced in High By the Beach's video, which

upon just hearing the audio, one did not catch the meaning

all topped off by the incredible (but only if one did not misunderstand) photography especially the real person looking out the top of the tour bus and the great

shot of the boat in the water sitting on the railing of the house

and if one misunderstood after don't let me be misunderstood, all it took was going back to the slow-build (Stairway to heaven)/Last Farewell (see Roger Whittaker) opening number (albeit slower) Honeymoon

and listening all the way through again and again

(assuming one isn't just a kiddie with a 3 second attention span who gets bored too easily)

I won't even lie I find you so incredibly annoying but this interpretation of Honeymoon as a cohesive album is really interesting and almost makes me want to give the record another chance

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif