Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

Am i the only one that really hopes Lana never collabs with anyone? Like, seriously she doesn't need some other basic bitch singing with her. She does just fine on her own.

I only wanna hear her, nobody else. Well at least no collabs on her albums. She can still collab if she wants but i don't want it inteferring on her gorgeous records.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

of course, Lana and Lorde or Gaga doing a Duet for Christmas from "White Christmas" of "Sisters" but with a video camping it up, in the style of Bing & Danny would be the ultimate one-off

by the way- big billboard chart news-

they are doing (as they do once or twice a year, reconfiguring the method they use to figure out the Hot 100...

they are doing 2 things

one - they are adding Pandora streams

two- they are upping the % used for streams,(in all the places that count for streaming that Billboard uses, and lowering the % used for sales

and airplay is added in...

this might be a great thing for Lana

Somewhere between Sunset Blvd & Mulholland Drive Lies Honeymoon

Lana Del Rey with strings attached  © g4a graham4anything

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

of course, Lana and Lorde or Gaga doing a Duet for Christmas from "White Christmas" of "Sisters" but with a video camping it up, in the style of Bing & Danny would be the ultimate one-off

by the way- big billboard chart news-

they are doing (as they do once or twice a year, reconfiguring the method they use to figure out the Hot 100...

they are doing 2 things

one - they are adding Pandora streams

two- they are upping the % used for streams,(in all the places that count for streaming that Billboard uses, and lowering the % used for sales

and airplay is added in...

this might be a great thing for Lana

Somewhere between Sunset Blvd & Mulholland Drive Lies Honeymoon

Lana Del Rey with strings attached  © g4a graham4anything

sx5dZ27.jpg

when i said i want a ft, i meant as a duo style, not like in Dark Horse by Katy where juicy J mumbles random words not pertaining to the song and has like 5 lines before the bridge

Lana is great with hip-hop/rap collabs. Ridin' is and always will be a bop, so is Big Spender. Her voice is so flexible w genres and rap and rock are the 2 genres besides her main genre that she is amazing at. 

341e352c9925b3ef7bc5edfb50e3597e.jpg

To be completely honest I was scared she stopped doing collabs because she was feeling insecure about working with different people and not alone and/or with her "usual" team. But then I reminded myself of Dan Auerbach influening her and the whole Stargirl new situation and... I don't even know anymore. I really feel like she just wants her work to be 100% her and something only SHE has to be ultra proud of and she feels this strange pressure working with people. It's the other way around when she's invited to collab with others on their projects it seems.

I personally am not interested in seeing other artists on LDR5. For me she perceives her albums as too polished for someone to come and risk not understanding her concept.

Random thoughts :pft: 

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Lana and Lorde already collabed #neverforget

Real shit though, if Lana collabed with a rapper like A$AP (Ridin doesn't count), Kendrick, or Kanye, she'd have a hit tbh.

Or maybe with zella day that would be great

Well Lana DID just follow Zella on both Twitter & instagram.. so it looks like something might be happening. They're both in the process of about to announce & release an album.. (I'd be down for a collab w/ them though, I love Zella)

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Well Lana DID just follow Zella on both Twitter & instagram.. so it looks like something might be happening. They're both in the process of about to announce & release an album.. (I'd be down for a collab w/ them though, I love Zella)

they're both similar but different in their own ways it's hard to imagine what a collab might sound like, which is why I want it to happen

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

I hope Zella opens for her on tour  :oprah: