Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

Personally, I would rather an artist cover a song Lana wrote that might be on her new album, and have Lana do a separate cut on that artist own cd

which in turn would then garner her a big hit that way.

and I think the time is coming where a country artist will do that, but it needs to be one of the handful that are guaranteed a #1 on the country charts (either airplay or mixture air/stream/etc.)

male or female. (trouble is, does her label have any really big country star that is guaranteed country radio?)

as for featuring on her? Someone like Paul Simon or Elton John or Neil Tenant/Chris Lowe (Pet shop boys) or Bruce but worthy artistically.

Weeknd is great too, but on HER terms, so it would have to be her song, with him featured.

of course a full fledged duet with Lorde or Gaga would set the music world on fire

and a duet with someone on perhaps a very political song would especially timely.

As for when the album is released, everyone is saying the estate of Prince will be releasing all his music to streaming for the first time, that would most likely shake up the charts that chart week

so hopefully allowances are made for other artists surprise drops.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I was thinking of "I got you babe" Sonny and Cher or Elton & Kiki's Don't go breaking my heart

but none of those would be on a Lana album unless they were a one off bonus song

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I don't think Lana's voice would fit with the voice of another female singer, I would love for her to do another collab with A$AP Rocky since they both have kind of smooth voices or with the legendary queen Azealia Banks. :agree2: joking (kinda) because a feature with Azealia would probably end Lana's career but I'm sure they could make a great song together and with a lesbo video it would become a controversial smash

giphy.gif

I think she needs a good alternative feature, she's not pop anymore why would she try to be. Like I could imagine her and father john misty doing a duet on a song like when you're smiling and astride me 

https://youtu.be/eg4xkW2Zt5A

Ew please, no, I hate that guy!  :headache:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Her voice sounds so good in harmony with the male vocals in Brooklyn Baby, and she could always pull off that Nancy Sinatra/Lee Hazlewood vibe when singing with Barrie, so I hope she does eventually explore more features. FJM could easily happen.

Actually a collab w Gaga and Lorde would be a great collab because that's the only collaboration the gp will care about

and me :creep:

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

Everyone but NOT the Weeknd. Seriously ... his voice is annoying and his music is generic.

Oh yeah I totally agree, I wouldn't want it either. They are just obviously comfortable with each other and work well together. I'd really like to see her work with a hip hop artist and do something a little different. Like the Asap collab that was never finished.

LIZARD PEOPLE

Her collab with Lykke Li would be beautiful and is actually possible, since Lana is her friend. Don't you think it's kinda funny that Lana has never had any featurings on her albums and for example Ariana Grande's carrier is based on her collaborations  :thumb3:  no shade, i love Ari

:judgingu: except i don't

I think she needs a good alternative feature, she's not pop anymore why would she try to be. Like I could imagine her and father john misty doing a duet on a song like when you're smiling and astride me 

https://youtu.be/eg4xkW2Zt5A

I'm longing for a song I never knew I wanted now, thanks :icant: :icant: :icant:

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

I think (and hope) that there'll never be a feature on a Lana Del Rey album. I'm fine with her appearing on other artists' albums (like The Weeknd), but I want her albums to be a 100 % Lana.

The only person I'd be okay with her doing a song with sis Asap Rocky. If it's not him. I don't want it.

I really think Lana should do a feat. with someone... i mean she has showed us that she can do a successful album without another artist (Except for HM  :toofunny: ) but doing a collab wouldn't be bad...

???, ?????????