Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

I agree. I think something about her silence makes this all seem a little more planned than honeymoon, like she has a really detailed vision and she knows it's potential and wants to do the promo right. Not that Honeymoon was bad it was great but it was for her I feel like and I feel like this will be a little more widely appreciated

I agree. I kind of got the vibe that she did Honeymoon because she could. She always talks about being inspired and just continuing the writing process. It was apparent she was proud of HM, but something feels different about this impending album. I guess we'll see when it happens, though.

I agree. I think something about her silence makes this all seem a little more planned than honeymoon, like she has a really detailed vision and she knows it's potential and wants to do the promo right. Not that Honeymoon was bad it was great but it was for her I feel like and I feel like this will be a little more widely appreciated

This totally, I feel like Honeymoon was an album for herself, though not so /personal/ per se - I mean, it had stories of the hardships of her fame, but then diverged into the abstract storytelling from Religion - Swan Song

It was almost like she created this album to separate herself from the intensely emotional UV era, and distance herself from the darkness and controversy associated with it

This next album is jumping off from the peace of Honeymoon, so there is more room/headspace to build on something new and interesting, if that makes sense? Almost like she had a solid foundation, unlike with UV

LDR5 will kick ass

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

This totally, I feel like Honeymoon was an album for herself, though not so /personal/ per se - I mean, it had stories of the hardships of her fame, but then diverged into the abstract storytelling from Religion - Swan Song

It was almost like she created this album to separate herself from the intensely emotional UV era, and distance herself from the darkness and controversy associated with it

This next album is jumping off from the peace of Honeymoon, so there is more room/headspace to build on something new and interesting, if that makes sense? Almost like she had a solid foundation, unlike with UV

LDR5 will kick ass

I hadn't thought of that but it's so true-- in a lot of ways honeymoon was kind of her defending herself against the backlash of UV. Like with the HBTB video and GKIT you can tell she was trying to remind reviewers she was human and that whatever they wrote and the way people addressed her fame effected her, which ultimately is what they responded to I think. 

I really do hope it will kick ass, and I think it totally can, but like kick ass with keeping in mind Honeymoon, in the sense that I don't think she will get the fat hip hop beats out again and do some trap but maybe it will be in the lyrics or the approach, I don't know. I remember when HM got out I thought it was so damn empowering and bold in a totally unexpected way, I think of UV for example as very... submissive almost even though it's not the perfect word, abandoning herself to love drugs music etc, and HM felt like ok no this is a mess but I'm gonna act over it and at least express it, and I think that LDR5 will keep in mind all the different approaches from her previous albums and have something that will be at the same time a mix of what she's created and something new. Something as simple as the fact that she *seems* to be single right now - I don't pretend to know her personal life, I take what she gives me - when she had for all previous records is something interesting for me. How will she act and react. She got a lot more political as well and although I do not expect a political song at all, it's her mindset that I'm interested in. She's badass but in a lowkey way and I'm excited to see how it's going to get translated musically

But again I was one of those who thought High By The Beach video would feature her killing a man so yk

ZKcaooE.png

do we know if this is going to be her last album? like... her last last album? it would make me sad because her music has only improved since the start of her career but her peak was in 2012 and i think as diehard fans of hers we can accept that shes not going to reach that level of public recognition again

of course though, i could be wrong, its not like shes striving to be a famous pop singer so she may just release whatever she wants and not care who listens or doesnt

pNjWdpc.png

do we know if this is going to be her last album? like... her last last album? it would make me sad because her music has only improved since the start of her career but her peak was in 2012 and i think as diehard fans of hers we can accept that shes not going to reach that level of public recognition again

of course though, i could be wrong, its not like shes striving to be a famous pop singer so she may just release whatever she wants and not care who listens or doesnt

yes this is her last album. just like btd was her last one. and ride her last video. and...well, you get the point

please leave if you would think anything she puts out is bad. it may not be your personal preference but she is an amazing singer/lyricist. Don't do that here. 

After all this mess, y.a.i.l betta rip my entire scalp and head off my neck CLEAN. 

AND NO STOP PMING ME FOR LDR5 INFO FIND IT YOURSELF/ AND NO I DONT WANT THE SNIPPET PLS STOP TRYNA GET ME IN TROUBLE K THANKS. 

I mean her contract ends but I doubt she will stop. She has made hundreds of songs in the last 10 years that we know of it's her passion. She may change how she does it or go dormant for awhile but it doesn't seem like lana

please leave if you would think anything she puts out is bad. it may not be your personal preference but she is an amazing singer/lyricist. Don't do that here. 

After all this mess, y.a.i.l betta rip my entire scalp and head off my neck CLEAN. 

AND NO STOP PMING ME FOR LDR5 INFO FIND IT YOURSELF/ AND NO I DONT WANT THE SNIPPET PLS STOP TRYNA GET ME IN TROUBLE K THANKS. 

This always pisses me off why do people come on here just to trash lana or be negative about her album? Like why waste energy on something you don't care about/aren't excited for

I'm sorry, not trying to be rude or anything but a forum is a place for people to discuss on stuff and opinions, lol not everyone can agree and say something is amazing, besides, @Constantine wasn't even rude this time. 

QVi1xFV.gifDrH6LWV.gif0FHXTOj.gif

can someone tell me that this will not be her last album please

why are ppl always posting with each album that her contract ends?  :deadbanana:

but will it end with ldr5? PLEASE TELL I M DECEASED tumblr_inline_ocpd20atch1qav734_500.gif

i will love you until the end of time.

why are ppl always posting with each album that her contract ends?  :deadbanana:

LOL I actually have no idea where that info would come from/where i got it from other than that people were saying it on here. Now that I think about it, it's probably an assumption people are making because why would we have access to her contract, and I've never read anything detailing any specifics. 

I'm sorry, not trying to be rude or anything but a forum is a place for people to discuss on stuff and opinions, lol not everyone can agree and say something is amazing, besides, @Constantine wasn't even rude this time. 

i understand that however the overall assumption she will fail us is negative and not very nice as a whole 

can someone tell me that this will not be her last album please

but will it end with ldr5? PLEASE TELL I M DECEASED tumblr_inline_ocpd20atch1qav734_500.gif

it's gonna be her last album. after it comes out all your lana songs will disappear too. you will also never find a way to buy or illegally download any of her music. on the bright side: it will be replaced by Iggy azalea!