Jack

Melanie Martinez

oh wow, idk what y'all are on, but i love this new snippet!!!! her voice sounds different in a really good way. a new sound too. something i haven't heard from her imo. i'm fucking excited. :wowcry:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

1 hour ago, 13 Bitches said:

this SLAPS! If it’s true this sounds like a BOP! :hair:

my only concern is that it sounds like nothing she has teased yet, so just hoping it isn’t some kind of AI or something :bebe:

28 minutes ago, missanthrophocene said:

humm idk how to feel about the new snippet, sounds too happy and poppyish :hellno:

sounds REALLY early 00s to me and I’m here for it! 

Miss Melanie has my attention again! So excited!! Also I have been listening to some Fiona Apple and now I get where her new writing style comes from… feels really… organic may I say? Like is not as much as rhymes or clever storytelling like in CB, more of painting a picture 

56 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

this SLAPS! If it’s true this sounds like a BOP! :hair:

my only concern is that it sounds like nothing she has teased yet, so just hoping it isn’t some kind of AI or something :bebe:

sounds REALLY early 00s to me and I’m here for it! 

Miss Melanie has my attention again! So excited!! Also I have been listening to some Fiona Apple and now I get where her new writing style comes from… feels really… organic may I say? Like is not as much as rhymes or clever storytelling like in CB, more of painting a picture 

Honestly I agree it sounds 00's it's good and Def has my attention I'm even more excited for the album now ahhh

Jealousy's a disease bitch get well soon

Am I the only one who thinks this new snippet sounds quite a bit like the unreleased version of Void? Obviously mostly new lyrics and a different rhythm and production but the melody seems the same, but no awful pitched down vocals so it’s a win. 

Hopefully a good omen for some other tracks…

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

1 hour ago, finalgirl said:

Her voice sounds just fine to me but this new version of Void is AMAZING like people died… :grinds:

right it's not like smoking we*d will completely destroy her voice. worst it's doing rn is straining, which only makes it harder for her to sing live/hold notes but even then most of her tours starting out sound fine, just get tickets early if you're worried about her vocal performance 😭

I'm still so fucking mad that she scrapped the Test Me music video to save up for another unnecessary movie, after hyping it up to us as the best video she's ever written and getting us all excited, lol..

She may have reused the plans for Portals, but if she really decides to scrap it for good I hope she at least shows us what we were supposed to get.

2 minutes ago, WildChild said:

right it's not like smoking we*d will completely destroy her voice. worst it's doing rn is straining, which only makes it harder for her to sing live/hold notes but even then most of her tours starting out sound fine, just get tickets early if you're worried about her vocal performance 😭

even if i dont like the album that much i have to get tickets :ma: i need the melanie live experience (if she preforms in that alien costume i stg)

12 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

Am I the only one who thinks this new snippet sounds quite a bit like the unreleased version of Void? Obviously mostly new lyrics and a different rhythm and production but the melody seems the same, but no awful pitched down vocals so it’s a win. 

She even kept the priest lyric from the og 👀👀 so it's possible it's the same song just reworked Bec it's giving very much that 

Jealousy's a disease bitch get well soon

1 minute ago, Pop The Balloons said:

She even kept the priest lyric from the og 👀👀 so it's possible it's the same song just reworked Bec it's giving very much that 

Yeah I noticed the priest thing without the cringey Cath-oh-lic line. I just very much need N&T and TV snippets lol. 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

9 minutes ago, WildChild said:

well… maybe it isn’t the only reason but surely it doesn’t help… of course her vocal delivery is getting worse because her technique is not quite right! I’ve always found her voice really cool but maybe more quiet than other vocalist and singing live u can tell she pushes it too much! That said, smoking won’t help her cause at all, I’ve seen this a lot 

18 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

I was thinking the same, something about the melody reminds me of the version we already have, I don’t know 

3 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

Yeah I noticed the priest thing without the cringey Cath-oh-lic line. I just very much need N&T and TV snippets lol. 

How is the catholic line cringey? I’m lost :sadcore2:

58 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

cringey? :kum:

Just now, sadness is a butterfly said:

Oh I just don’t like the sound of it …how she pronounces it :cuteface:

she had to make it fit the syllables of the instrumental beat :whoopi: