Jack

Melanie Martinez

2 hours ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

I’m skeptical that she would mix in older songs into the Portals songs? Doesn’t seem accurate.

i dont mind this kind of mixing but Portals obviously needs a session of its own to make sense on the storyline of the tour. What shocked me is that she’s apparently planing to sing the deluxe songs on tour. Does she really want to snap hard like that? It would be amazing 

Possible inspiration for Maze/Labyrinth V1&2? Located in Manchester, UK.

"The cathedral at Chartres has one of the most famous labyrinths in the world. The concept being that a labyrinth is a sacred space where people spend time with god, focusing on their life and journey. However, labyrinths are not just for the spiritual. Labyrinths are used by people of all faiths and none, they provide entertainment, fun, gentle exercise and make an attractive feature within the garden.

The twists and turns in the paths echo those we take in our everyday lives; the route is winding but it always leads onwards. Take as long as you need, it is not the destination but what we learn on the journey itself."

gb8xibrk5c981.jpg?width=320&crop=smart&a

g3ivxsrk5c981.jpg?width=320&crop=smart&a

10 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

What are half of these :oprah:

(gonna just comment on the one most people probs dont know about)

Spoiler

amulet - the ending of nymphology

test me music video - she talked about it and like getting a certain amount of streams 

bjork copy - portals being hated on for being similar 2 fossora and utopia

unhappy meal on the radio - self explanatory

play date remix - got scrapped on day of release cuz of accusations, it was so close to release people ripped it from spotify already

k-12 og ending - school gets lit on fire but scrapped for budget

melanie arrested - a little bit after the mel accusations it was rumored she got arrested for speeding (it was a diff melanie martinez)

the bakery is about prostitution - read lyrics and think about it

jump rope sa theory - so like long before jump rope leaked and we only had the title there was a tracklist of crybaby that leaked but jump rope was in tags spot or m&c (i cant really remember) and since it was in their spots it was rumored to be about sa

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

13 minutes ago, LunaeManifestum said:

i dont mind this kind of mixing but Portals obviously needs a session of its own to make sense on the storyline of the tour. What shocked me is that she’s apparently planing to sing the deluxe songs on tour. Does she really want to snap hard like that? It would be amazing 

It actually looks legit, I found the playlist on Spotify. I’m not mad about it at all lol. Seems like a great set list :true: just surprised it’s not more in order. I’m sure Pluto is an encore song. 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

I'm fairly certain Melanie had a strong concept for the maze/labyrinth imagery since 2020 at latest.

As we've established, Maze was written and recorded during After School sessions, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was also an early idea for Portals; like Light Shower and Womb. And of course we can't forget the two Labyrinth songs produced by One Love in 2020 and 2021. None of those three made it to Portals, but Spider Web does have the lyric "Better off dead than stuck in a maze"— so the concept didn't completely die.

She was also singing about synchronicities dating back to 2019, but surprisingly we didn't get any mentions of that on the final album.

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

4 minutes ago, rancidgirl said:

(gonna just comment on the one most people probs dont know about)

Hide contents

amulet - the ending of nymphology

test me music video - she talked about it and like getting a certain amount of streams 

bjork copy - portals being hated on for being similar 2 fossora and utopia

unhappy meal on the radio - self explanatory

play date remix - got scrapped on day of release cuz of accusations, it was so close to release people ripped it from spotify already

k-12 og ending - school gets lit on fire but scrapped for budget

melanie arrested - a little bit after the mel accusations it was rumored she got arrested for speeding (it was a diff melanie martinez)

the bakery is about prostitution - read lyrics and think about it

jump rope sa theory - so like long before jump rope leaked and we only had the title there was a tracklist of crybaby that leaked but jump rope was in tags spot or m&c (i cant really remember) and since it was in their spots it was rumored to be about sa

talking about Play Date Gec Remix does anyone here have the flac file for it?

3 minutes ago, LunaeManifestum said:

talking about Play Date Gec Remix does anyone here have the flac file for it?

the best i have is mp3 but i can ask around

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

3 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

you should never accuse someone of this(lying) unless you have proof

What about all the way around? What happened to the presumption of innocence? 

this topic is so tired already… everytime Melanie releases something this internet rats bring up the same thing! To me it’s obvious both parties want to move on from that situation :eyeroll2:

28 minutes ago, LunaeManifestum said:

I dont mind this kind of mixing but Portals obviously needs a session of its own to make sense on the storyline of the tour.

she already did separate them in the live performances so far, I hope she does from now on…

Also, the costume has to go :bebe:

1 hour ago, Anonymcomenter said:

this topic is so tired already… everytime Melanie releases something this internet rats bring up the same thing! To me it’s obvious both parties want to move on from that situation :eyeroll2:

I don't think Timothy wants to move on unfortunately, she still keeps tabs on Melanie's releases etc. She's also friends with the person who made the popular Twitter thread, which conveniently left out her story inconsistencies and shady behaviour. I wouldn't be surprised if she had used them to bring up the topic again, like she did with Globelamp, who was mass arguing with people on Twitter and her livestreams during K-12 release

I've accepted atp it's gonna be brought up whenever Melanie does something; there'll be people who side with her, people who don't, and those remaining neutral. Luckily the album is still shaping up to be a big hit, and Melanie seems relatively unbothered by it all— I just wish she defended herself more…

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

1 hour ago, Pop The Balloons said:

It also just occured to me I've bought 5 copies of this album already.

The regular CD, the signed CD, the digital deluxe, the digital and I'm wanting the vinyl but I'll wait for a good pressing 

enough for Melanie to stop selling jewelry! :xcry: