Jack

Melanie Martinez

3 minutes ago, Yellow said:

Mel wrote see saw for crybaby in June 2015 despite it releasing two months later? Weren't pressings already done in June? 

idk but id think i would count it in the era sessions in case there ever was a reissue planned around the time? 

also, Seesaw is the only outtake we have that was recorded in 2015

9 minutes ago, Yellow said:

Mel wrote see saw for crybaby in June 2015 despite it releasing two months later? Weren't pressings already done in June? 

I don't have an exact date for Seesaw, but I don't think the June 2015 thing on the Wiki is accurate to when it was recorded/written. I have a file from someone else of Play Date 1 (leaked demo) with a December 2014 date, which seems more accurate for the Jennifer Decilveo tracks.

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

OKAY ERASE HER IS SO GOOD :oprah4: she literally had enough material for an album, the way it could've been even marketed as a mixtape or something... Erase Her, Trophy, Absorb, Lost & Found, History sweeties I'm so sorry :lange: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

2 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

I don't have an exact date for Seesaw, but I don't think the June 2015 thing on the Wiki is accurate to when it was recorded/written. I have a file from someone else of Play Date 1 (leaked demo) with a December 2014 date, which seems more accurate for the Jennifer Decilveo tracks.

perhaps you can correct the dates :hooker:

I'll never forgive Mel for scrapping trophy but could yall imagine if she scrapped numbers or test me? We would've hated the ep - 

3 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

OKAY ERASE HER IS SO GOOD :oprah4: she literally had enough material for an album, the way it could've been even marketed as a mixtape or something... Erase Her, Trophy, Absorb, Lost & Found, History sweeties I'm so sorry :lange: 

just think; without the K-12 film, Portals would have been her fourth album!

3 minutes ago, Yellow said:

I'll never forgive Mel for scrapping trophy but could yall imagine if she scrapped numbers or test me? We would've hated the ep - 

would have? most of us currently do hate the EP :hooker:

It's my favorite project of hers solely because of numbers. That song is other worldly. Y'all talking about the writing in haunted and cake, comparing them to spider web and shit, look at numbers. It is her best piece. It saved the stupid ep. i don't understand test mes hype but I do understand it's the general favorite so I included it aswell 

1 minute ago, The Siren said:

just think; without the K-12 film, Portals would have been her fourth album!

:wowcry: 

1 minute ago, The Siren said:

most of us currently do hate the EP :hooker:

ngl on a good day i like listening to the EP from head to toe lol :bebe: it's not like K12-terrible level, it's just... uninspired

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

2 minutes ago, Yellow said:

It's my favorite project of hers solely because of numbers. That song is other worldly. Y'all talking about the writing in haunted and cake, comparing them to spider web and shit, look at numbers. It is her best piece. It saved the stupid ep. i don't understand test mes hype but I do understand it's the general favorite so I included it aswell 

tbh the only song i like on the ep is the single :toofunny:

Erase Her on loop :cryney: :dance:

Edited by The Siren

Im bopping to Erase Her and think it’s nice but…

those lyrics in the bridge are giving me Orange Juice JSW “if I was a cop, but I’m not”… yikes :eek:

also the metaphor is a little lazy! 

For the rest it’s fine, specially compared to the rest of After School outtakes! Surprised it’s not K-12 but with similarities in the instrumental now I can see it 

3 minutes ago, The Siren said:

tbh the only song i like on the ep is the single :toofunny:

I liked glued, bakery, notebook and numbers a lot, I still vibe to bakery occasionally it's in my drinking playlist, but glued and notebook got old. Numbers is my holy grail song, I love that song more than the entire album of crybaby combined, k-12 isn't even in the race it only has 4 good tracks.

I also thought erase her was k-12 BC of the instrumental, immediately. Like are we sure it was after school 

6 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

Im still not used to the fact that the album is titled Portals… it’s so on the nose and… basic? 

:eek2: sorry 

this was my only complaint about this era so far but tbh it's growing on me.

ok so if all of the Cry Baby sessions were split into two separate albums, this is what i'd configure (quickly arranged without listening to the songs or reading the lyrics)

2014 album (2013 recordings) - Night Mime

1. Cry Baby
  2. Dollhouse
  3. Birthing Addicts
  4. A Million Men
  5. Drowning
  6. I Think I'm Crazy
  7. Carousel
  8. Heart at the Door
  9. Psycho Lovers
  10. Gold Diggin Love
  11. Night Mime
  12. Bittersweet Tragedy
  13. Time Flies
  14. Dear Porcupines - deluxe
  15. Intervals - deluxe
  16. Curly Cue - deluxe
  17. Rough Love

2015 album (2014 recordings) - Arts & Crafts

1. King of the Arcade
  2. Bombs on Monday Morning - deluxe
  3. 99 Cent Store
  4. Pity Party
  5. Ring Pop
  6. Rocking Horse - deluxe
  7. Dead to Me - deluxe
  8. Where do Babies Come from?
  9. Cake
  10. Tag You're It
  11. Soap
  12. Haunted
  13. Arts & Crafts
  14. Sippy Cup
  15. Half-Hearted
  16. Mrs Potato Head
  17. Mad Hatter

13 minutes ago, Yellow said:

I liked glued, bakery, notebook and numbers a lot, I still vibe to bakery occasionally it's in my drinking playlist, but glued and notebook got old. Numbers is my holy grail song, I love that song more than the entire album of crybaby combined, k-12 isn't even in the race it only has 4 good tracks.

I also thought erase her was k-12 BC of the instrumental, immediately. Like are we sure it was after school 

listen to Erase Her and then Lost & Found

Edited by The Siren

Just now, Pop The Balloons said:

You know what takes me tf out? Melanie fans on Twitter and insta trying to say Melanie damaged her voice from smoking too much weed and refuse to accept it's from overdoing it :kum:

i think this may have been one of my biggest issues with Miley's latest album. the vocals were a little too weak compared to what we've heard from her previously.

id say fans worried about Mel smoking weed may be warranted here :true:

while on the subject of recording dates, the Wiki was updated for Erase Her to say June 2nd, 2017 :hooker:

is this date true?

21 minutes ago, Yellow said:

I'm a Brain & Heart truther but Numbers is a banger too.