Jack

Melanie Martinez

The thing is… at this point we all know Melanies best work is with K&OL but… everything she does with them gets leaked, first Drama Club before release and then the whole Hawaii fiasco for MM3… I mean, even if they work so good together I can understand why she may choose other producers from now on! 

Must be very frustrating to get ur stuff leaked so early every single time! :ohsnap:

Or they either get their shit together and better their security or we are in for other one producer projects like K-12 and After School with Michael Keenan (severe PTSD) :bebe:

37 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

Or they either get their shit together and better their security or we are in for other one producer projects like K-12 and After School with Michael Keenan (severe PTSD) :bebe:

I see where you come from with fearing a single-producer album for MM4 (I actually fear that as well), however, my biggest fear currently is more so the idea of an entirely self-produced album for MM4. Melanie clearly has some great ideas for what to do with her projects, and has strong intentions for what she wants each one to be, but we all know she sometimes makes some very questionable sonic decisions (ex: the sneezing/coughing in Nurse's Office and just... Moon Cycle) and I think having an outside opinion from a producer working with her, even if she only had them working with her on a final product after she'd made her own demos, we'd see fewer of these things making their way into a final. Another thing... I don't know who was doing her mixing and mastering work for Portals, but a lot of it so far has felt almost unfinished? It's especially bad in some of the heavier sounding songs where her vocals seem almost lost in the mix. I hope with the next project we see from her, be it a single, a deluxe, an EP, or really whatever else, this is one of the things that is improved. 

1 hour ago, Anonymcomenter said:

Also, I would like to add… just because with time we end up getting used to songs like “Light Shower” doesn’t mean the lyrics are good at all! After multiple listens you don’t mind the flow that much but it’s still bad 

not really sure what lyrics are so bad other than the vitamin d lyric :noparty: light shower is super cute imo

5 minutes ago, Salem said:

I see where you come from with fearing a single-producer album for MM4 (I actually fear that as well), however, my biggest fear currently is more so the idea of an entirely self-produced album for MM4. 

You read my mind on that one :oprah3:

She’s going to be going for a Taylor Swift Speak Now self written album, mark my words.

I think she would be fine to work with one producer, if it was a good one. She worked heavily with Kinetics and One Love on Cry Baby (though there were a few other collaborators) and it was her best work to date.

I am just not a fan of the work she does with Michael Keenan whatsoever. 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

As the OG crybaby of this forum i would like to ask everyone to hold off on judging this record until you have had the opportunity to soak in every track, almost every single song of Melanie’s has been a grower to me and has required 4-5 full listens to really process.Sending love & light :heart:

89550-F07-DF2-F-4739-9-AB0-552-DF4549773.jpg

2 hours ago, Jack said:

As the OG crybaby of this forum i would like to ask everyone to hold off on judging this record until you have had the opportunity to soak in every track, almost every single song of Melanie’s has been a grower to me and has required 4-5 full listens to really process.Sending love & light :heart:

Imma be honest I hated the album at first and I've been listening for days and now I'm like ok sis serve, I've been singing the songs as I go about my day 

I think it's a grower for sure 

Jealousy's a disease bitch get well soon

9 hours ago, 13 Bitches said:

who tf are some of these people

Moon Cycle written by CJ Baran??? :rip: 

having a song about menstruation co-written and produced by men is so Melanie Martinez

12 hours ago, Tana Mongeau said:

eating pure vagina

10 hours ago, lightning tears said:

not really sure what lyrics are so bad other than the vitamin d lyric :noparty: light shower is super cute imo

Well, she uses excruciating long sentences with no punctuation marks and many of the things she says don’t make any sense! Feels like the instrumental is on its own and her singing on top belongs to another song cause there is no correlation between the two… 

like I said, it reminds me a little bit of Field Trips chorus but we shall see. The main difference is in Field Trip the instrumental at least had some changes while in Light Shower is the same plain guitar over and over again for 5 minutes.

Of course after hearing it multiple times we’ll probably grow to enjoy it but that doesn’t mean it’s palatable on first listen… I’m surprised to say this but this may be worse than Spider Web even… at least the verses there are good

The fact that this is part of 3 really slow songs in the album already, doesn’t help either :yawn:

11 hours ago, Salem said:

I see where you come from with fearing a single-producer album for MM4 (I actually fear that as well), however, my biggest fear currently is more so the idea of an entirely self-produced album for MM4. Melanie clearly has some great ideas for what to do with her projects, and has strong intentions for what she wants each one to be, but we all know she sometimes makes some very questionable sonic decisions (ex: the sneezing/coughing in Nurse's Office and just... Moon Cycle) and I think having an outside opinion from a producer working with her, even if she only had them working with her on a final product after she'd made her own demos, we'd see fewer of these things making their way into a final. Another thing... I don't know who was doing her mixing and mastering work for Portals, but a lot of it so far has felt almost unfinished? It's especially bad in some of the heavier sounding songs where her vocals seem almost lost in the mix. I hope with the next project we see from her, be it a single, a deluxe, an EP, or really whatever else, this is one of the things that is improved. 

U spilled sis! 

I though a one producer thing was bad, but the thought of a self-produced album is crazy! She’s really talented and all but she clearly needs some supervision from professionals :um2:

1 hour ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

thinking about how in 48h we'll have the album

I can't wait 😭 I haven't listened to the LQ recordings because I like all the little things in Melanie's production, so I'm super xcited to hear the full album after I've enjoyed pretty much all the snippets (Spider Web found dead)

6 minutes ago, Pop The Balloons said:

Once again genuinely surprised it hasn't l worded 👀 were so close the anticipation is KILLING me guys. I need the hq :true:

Idk but whatever security they have on the physicals needs to carry over to the vaults :true: