Jack

Melanie Martinez

I feel like this is a really unpopular opinion but I'm not all up about Play Date.

I think Play Date, Cry Baby and Alphabet Boy are the worst from the crybaby era

Cake, on the other hand is one of the best, along with Gingerbread Man

agree that Play Date really isn't that good tbh

anyone else worried that the album will sound dated?

not sure......it's been a really long time since I've listened to Crybaby so if the new record sounds similar I don't think I'll mind. Then on the other hand it probably will sound dated to me because I've kind of outgrown her music, but still I'm interested in how it all turned out as clearly she's put a lot of effort into her work (and I'm desperate AF for some new music). I think that just like the previous record it might not age very well. This time at least she won't make us all wait ages for sub-par music videos for every last remaining song on the record. Dollhouse, Sippycup, Carousel, and Pity party all had amazing videos, but everything that came after soap/training wheels was obnoxious and tiring for the most part. 

not sure......it's been a really long time since I've listened to Crybaby so if the new record sounds similar I don't think I'll mind. Then on the other hand it probably will sound dated to me because I've kind of outgrown her music, but still I'm interested in how it all turned out as clearly she's put a lot of effort into her work (and I'm desperate AF for some new music). I think that just like the previous record it might not age very well. This time at least she won't make us all wait ages for sub-par music videos for every last remaining song on the record. Dollhouse, Sippycup, Carousel, and Pity party all had amazing videos, but everything that came after soap/training wheels was obnoxious and tiring for the most part.

I think crybaby aged well for me, but I did have to ignore it for almost a whole year and then rediscovered how amazing it is...

I did like most of the music videos. Mr. Potato Head was so worth it, but maybe not the others. Especially for mad hatter, it was just too late for me to care anymore.

agree that Play Date really isn't that good tbh

Now that you mention it, yeah. But the production in Drama Club is great and I'd love a new version. The piano at the bridge is so eerie it reminds me of American Horror Story. If the rest of the album has vintage creepy throwbacks like that then I think it will be a perfect mix of modern and antique. But yeah, anything in between would sound outdated :P

Gees, the longer artists leave their album releases, the more expectations I get.

Play Date makes so much more sense in Alphabet Boy’s place.

Or atleast that’s where I prefer it.

I usually ignore Alphabet Boy and Pacify Her

Pacify Her is absolutely a filler and makes no sense on the album at all especially not after TYI and M&C.

i made an extended version of the Cry Baby Album with the unreleased from it added into the story and it goes:

Cry Baby

Dollhouse

Sippy Cup

Carousel

Bittersweet Tragedy

Play Date

Alphabet Boy

Can't Help Falling In Love

Soap

Training Wheels

Pity Party

Night Mime

Band-Aid

Tag, You're It

Bombs On Monday Morning

Schizo

You Love I

Dead To Me

Milk & Cookies

Haunted

Teddy Bear

99 Cent Store

Pacify Her

Mrs. Potato Head

Cake

Gingerbread Man

Mad Hatter

Strawberry Fields Forever

the album it’s probably gonna be very good cause she’s a musical genius but yeah i hope she just took the toys sounds into a whole new level. i know she’s capable of evolving and do new stuff while still remaining herself so i’m not that scared! i just want it now bdjsks release it

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

the album it’s probably gonna be very good cause she’s a musical genius but yeah i hope she just took the toys sounds into a whole new level. i know she’s capable of evolving and do new stuff while still remaining herself so i’m not that scared! i just want it now bdjsks release it

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

Pacify Her is absolutely a filler and makes no sense on the album at all especially not after TYI and M&C.

i made an extended version of the Cry Baby Album with the unreleased from it added into the story and it goes:

Cry Baby

Dollhouse

Sippy Cup

Carousel

Bittersweet Tragedy

Play Date

Alphabet Boy

Can't Help Falling In Love

Soap

Training Wheels

Pity Party

Night Mime

Band-Aid

Tag, You're It

Bombs On Monday Morning

Schizo

You Love I

Dead To Me

Milk & Cookies

Haunted

Teddy Bear

99 Cent Store

Pacify Her

Mrs. Potato Head

Cake

Gingerbread Man

Mad Hatter

Strawberry Fields Forever

Love the order of Cake, Gingerbread Man, Mad Hatter and SFF especially!

It goes from being used to being driven mad to just chilling tf out and I relate lmao

so they filmed it at The Esterhazy Palace of Hungary :defeated: the place looks gooorgeous i can't wait

wait i didn't think felonie had a budget?

September 6 pffff what the hell did she release these teasers for? couldnt she wait until end of july or smth? what's the point? There won't be a pre-release either...