Jack

Melanie Martinez

2 hours ago, Doja Cat said:

Ready for rock influenced MM3 :)

I would be here for that, I imagine it would have a similar sound to Test Me and Teacher's Pet

And maybe this rock sounding version of Rough Love that she performed live in 2013

3 minutes ago, Tulips said:

I would be here for that, I imagine it would have a similar sound to Test Me and Teacher's Pet

And maybe this rock sounding version of Rough Love that she performed live in 2013

can we take a moment to appreciate how good is rough love? i crumble into thousands little pieces whenever i listen to it

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

4 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

I love Brain & Heart so much omg. Some parts sound too much like Piggyback lmao, but it's so sad yet sounds so lovely. 

It makes me feel so lonely. I'm a fucking sucker for that shit. I think this could make it into my top Melanie songs and I really have no explanation why. 

Her vocals sound really different in many places of these tracks. I really like it. It sounds more raw and natural to her tbh, even if I'll always want to sing the CB tracks more. 

i love it too and that's what i thought first listen lmao

Can I just say that I'm loving how everyone switched on her in this thread, that post that was saying ''all her new music kinda has something weird about it... it all kinda sounds similar, boring ass choruses, weird themes, not enough new vocals/production on the last choruses'' that got like around 10 likes just 5 pages ago, the same people who were liking that post are praising After School now :oic2:

Ranked the k-12 leftovers

01. Glued

02. Fire Drill

03. Brain & Heart

04. Numbers

05. The Bakery

06. Piggyback

07. Notebook

08. Copy Cat

09. Field Trip

10. Test Me

after listening to it I’m pretty disappointed the hooks are weak as fuck and her vocals sound tired. She needs to adopt a writer to atleast help her fit a song together and not re-use the same melody for every song.

2 minutes ago, veinsineon said:

Ranked the k-12 leftovers

01. Glued

02. Fire Drill

03. Brain & Heart

04. Numbers

05. The Bakery

06. Piggyback

07. Notebook

08. Copy Cat

09. Field Trip

10. Test Me

Is Piggyback really a K-12 outtake? :smokes3:

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

1 minute ago, moonchild13 said:

Is Piggyback really a K-12 outtake? :smokes3:

Idk but I threw it in there for the most variation possible and it still didn’t add too much, don’t know if that says anything to if it’s intended for the album lol. I’ll say though, Fire Drill being left off really soured the EP for me. Possibly the best song to come out of this era and it’s been snubbed !! ):

3 minutes ago, Tulips said:

Drama Club was written for the album, Piggyback was not. Melanie herself only released Piggyback on SoundCloud because she didn't want to gain money off it, why would she plan to include it on her album lol

I think you’re confused nobody is trying to say Melanie put piggyback on the album but if it’s not on the album and it’s from the era it’s most definitely a b-side/outtake lol. She even just said she’s been working on the ep since 2017 which is when piggyback came out .. so

17 minutes ago, Tulips said:

Can I just say that I'm loving how everyone switched on her in this thread, that post that was saying ''all her new music kinda has something weird about it... it all kinda sounds similar, boring ass choruses, weird themes, not enough new vocals/production on the last choruses'' that got like around 10 likes just 5 pages ago, the same people who were liking that post are praising After School now :oic2:

I don’t know why this was even a post cause the reasoning is pretty simple. She finally released something good lol. Was I supposed to pretend to like her bad songs 

1 minute ago, alienprincess said:

I don’t know why this was even a post cause the reasoning is pretty simple. She finally released something good lol. Was I supposed to pretend to like her bad songs 

I was just making a joke, I'm just happy to see people on here finally liking her new music

I really like the bakery video. The EP's alright, but a lot of the songs don't rlly go anywhere. It's nice to listen to but doesn't excite me. Atleast I'm not cringing at it as much as I was with K-12. The song titles are very corny tho, very forced and weak metaphors, which was also one of the main issues I had with K-12. I said this before but I wish she went in a more dark direction sonically (which I rlly thought she was gonna do after Crybaby). Crybaby remains her best work.
The Bakery's stuck in my head tho

qfrWuBl.png

1 minute ago, TrashMagiq said:

I really like the bakery video. The EP's alright, but a lot of the songs don't rlly go anywhere. It's nice to listen to but doesn't excite me. Atleast I'm not cringing at it as much as I was with K-12. The song titles are very corny tho, very forced and weak metaphors, which was also one of the main issues I had with K-12. I said this before but I wish she went in a more dark direction sonically (which I rlly thought she was gonna do after Crybaby). Crybaby remains her best work.
The Bakery's stuck in my head tho

Agree, I haven't listen to the whole EP, but those 4/5 tracks I heard were weak af. The instrumentals, like you said, don't go anywhere. Same beat, same progression throughout the whole song. I loved The Bakery, especially its video, but I guess it's mostly bc we got visuals to go w/ the song

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

I'm listening to the EP right now and I'm surprised I'm enjoying it more than K-12

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup: