Jack

Melanie Martinez

We're so used to fake titles, but also to trolls and scams.

If I'm not mistaken, I think I read somewhere long ago that I Scream and Jump Rope were thought to be fake :eartha: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

6 minutes ago, Yes To Heaven said:

what are then the real songs in this list:

1. Valerie
  2. Sophomore
  3. Headphones
  4. Zippers
  5. Memories
  6. Croquet

I wouldn't know. I mean these all are could be totally real still, I just have doubts so take everything I say with a grain of salt

19 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

We're so used to fake titles, but also to trolls and scams.

If I'm not mistaken, I think I read somewhere long ago that I Scream and Jump Rope were thought to be fake :eartha: 

no jr and i scream were always real as they were registered since 2014/2015

1 hour ago, Yellow said:

I think songs like Arts & Crafts and Unhappy Meal, Maybe even Schizo and Trophy Wife were used on other album concepts like Toy Chest and Animal Crackers.

Unhappy Meal isn't really a crybaby track, but it's not a k-12 track either. Crybaby had already released when it was recorded. If anything, I'd consider it her hiatus era like Piggyback. Also, a lot of k-12 was recorded at the same time as crybaby tracks and especially extra clutter tracks so recording dates don't really mean much. (Examples: Strawberry Shortcake & Class Fight's original version being recorded around the same time as Gingerbread Man & Seesaw) Then we have examples like Show & Tell and Notebook being written around the same time. Most of these tracks we've been placing with Crybaby honestly could've been K-12 scraps, like Arts & Crafts which was recorded far closer to Strawberry Shortcake than anything on crybaby. 

5 minutes ago, Salem said:

Most of these tracks we've been placing with Crybaby honestly could've been K-12 scraps, like Arts & Crafts which was recorded far closer to Strawberry Shortcake than anything on crybaby.

wait so should I put Arts & Crafts with my K-12 era outtakes instead of my CB ones???

4 minutes ago, untilsunrise said:

wait so should I put Arts & Crafts with my K-12 era outtakes instead of my CB ones???

no. Arts & Crafts is crybaby its p much thought to be teddy bears prequel

3 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

it was recorded in 2014

wiki says 2015, placing it with k-12

4 minutes ago, untilsunrise said:

You can put it in either, but honestly a lot of crybaby outtakes can go in either since they were recorded around the same time. 

6 minutes ago, untilsunrise said:

As far as I knew, Arts & Crafts is from the CB sessions.Recorded in August 2014.

2 minutes ago, Salem said:

You can put it in either, but honestly a lot of crybaby outtakes can go in either since they were recorded around the same time. 

What wiki are you reading? It says 2014 and I think it was confirmed. In the other hand, Wiki is not that reliable as it comes from what users put on it. Not every single thing from the wiki is real.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

2 hours ago, Salem said:

whatssss.... what a mess like Mercury confirmed it was in 2014 and Arts and Crafts was recorded 2014 august 3d like....? 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

For the last time.. Unhappy Meal most likely was recorded during the Cry Baby sessions. If anyone says otherwise it’s literally just pure speculation :facepalm:

Also do not trust that wiki for information when it comes to certain things either. There was false information put there plenty of times by her fans for things that are unconfirmed 

30 minutes ago, Mermaid Hotel said:

For the last time.. Unhappy Meal most likely was recorded during the Cry Baby sessions. If anyone says otherwise it’s literally just pure speculation :facepalm:

Also do not trust that wiki for information when it comes to certain things either. There was false information put there plenty of times by her fans for things that are unconfirmed 

yeah, the whole "unhappy meal was part of early K-12" started from speculations that turned into rumors people spread as facts. People started saying it was recorded in 2018/16/17 bc of how Mel said that MM2 would be in the pov of other characters alot and the song seems to be in the pov of molly mcdolly (even tho im pretty sure shes not even real just a metaphor lmao) and people thought MM2 would be about Crybaby's town (which was never even true because since the beginning mel said it was gonna be about a SPECIFIC PLACE in CB's town but for some reason people never got the memo even tho she said it like a million times) and then when K-12 happened ppl switched it up to it being part of early MM2 where it was ab crybabys town even tho it was obviously gonna be about crybabys school since she hinted at it since the beginning 

But also I wanna say that supposing Unhappy Meal had been recorded after Cry Baby's release it wouldnt rlly have changed the fact that MM2 was always gonna be ab school. Its not impossible for Melanie to have worked on songs for K-12 that took place in the setting and story but didnt have school references in the title and lyrics, which would also be a possible reason for her having scrapped it. This happened alot with songs she made for CB.

I mean Unhappy Meal couldve easily taken place at lunchtime in K-12. Maybe some characters in the movie get their lunch from Molly Mcdolly's Burger Shack.. A commercial playing on a tv in the cafeteria (kinda like Mrs Potato Heads starting scene), just Crybaby's (or whatever character the songs POV wouldve been in in the movie's) imagination. The song is obviously some sort of metaphor. Most likely about someone using someone in a relationship and playing with their feelings. It couldve been in K-12 in alot of ways.

But bottom line is... it was a Cry Baby era outtake.

Edited by untilsunrise
didnt realize how long this was... sorry for the overanalysis/explanation

Just now, HandsTied said:

I honestly wish this fan base would stop referencing a fan wiki that anyone can edit as fact.

thats like saying wikipedia isnt reliable... yes it can be edited but everything needs receipts or itll be changed back

1 minute ago, noah TD said:

thats like saying wikipedia isnt reliable... yes it can be edited but everything needs receipts or itll be changed back

There was a lot of false information left there for the longest time and was never even changed until years later  :facepalm:

31 minutes ago, Mermaid Hotel said:

There was a lot of false information left there for the longest time and was never even changed until years later  :facepalm:

Like ... "According to Melanie, Beth Anne was the reason why nobody showed up to Cry Baby's party as their party was on the same day."

No one has ever provided actual facts to that claim but people run with it till this day.