BLURRYFACE

Billie Eilish

Didn’t she just make fun of artists doing this?

GKp0nV7WcAA-dlD?format=jpg&name=large

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

1 hour ago, Daytona Beach Sparkler said:

I was gonna say some stuff but then I realized I might get jumped :brigitte:

Ok I'm just gonna say it at this point bc it's bugging me:

I know the difference between being inspired and straight off copying someone, and I know that Billie has said that she's inspired by Lana a lot and has praised her. I also know that Lana seems to be fine about being a huge inspiration to Billie.

However, I feel like the Lana's influence on this new album is a little bit too heavy and is seemingly crossing into rip-off territory, unintentional or not. I definitely know what it feels like to be heavily inspired by someone or something, but this feels a little bit too much. The album title, song titles, and visuals are a bit too Lana-esque and it seems like Billie is almost copying her at this point IMO.

If Billie says that the album is heavily Lana inspired and is even a Lana tribute, then that's fine. But if she doesn't, I feel like that would be extremely wrong of her and that it would cause a lot of problems.

So yeah, that's all I wanna say. P.S, I'm an ex-stan who was obsessed with her music in like 2018-2019, so I know what her music sounds like and I could recognize Lana's influence.

TL;DR : I know the difference between inspiration vs copying, and Billie's new album seems so heavily inspired by Lana to the point where it enters rip-off territory and it seems like she's copying her, unintentional or not. :keyboard:

2bfdb5f27c0411b17e7345642d0743ba99f47af0
 𝓟𝓾𝓽 𝓶𝓮 𝓸𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓫𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝓶𝓸𝓽𝓸𝓻𝓬𝔂𝓬𝓵𝓮

𝓕𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓫𝓪𝓫𝔂 𝓭𝓸𝓵𝓵 𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓶𝔂 '𝓘 𝓭𝓸' 

𝓘𝓽 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓼 𝓽𝔀𝓸 𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼 𝓽𝓸 𝓝𝓮𝓿𝓪𝓭𝓪

⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚ 

3 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Spotify, I kinda want it they call it the coke bottle clear vinyl!! 😍

Oh is it one of those ones for top listeners? Because I only just got Spotify and that’s not me lol

edit: must be US exclusive anyway as won’t ship to my address.. never mind 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

4 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

Oh is it one of those ones for top listeners? Because I only just got Spotify and that’s not me lol

Yes hunny, idk I’m torn bc the vinyl is really cute but I don’t like the snippets so far 💀 But if I wait it’ll probably vanish lmao cassette girl come thru! :pillsdy:

20 minutes ago, Mer said:

Didn’t she just make fun of artists doing this?

GKp0nV7WcAA-dlD?format=jpg&name=large

but these are eCo FrIeNdLy!!!

"Don’t forget me"

5 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Yes hunny, idk I’m torn bc the vinyl is really cute but I don’t like the snippets so far 💀 But if I wait it’ll probably vanish lmao cassette girl come thru! :pillsdy:

Think I’ll settle on the red one.. Amazon doesn’t charge card straight away so :lmao:

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

10 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

but these are eCo FrIeNdLy!!!

they’re recycled - just like the music that’ll be on them tumblr_mcf6cwYksN1rfduvxo1_250.gif

1 minute ago, Mer said:

they’re recycled - just like the music that’ll be on them tumblr_mcf6cwYksN1rfduvxo1_250.gif

:dua:

people saying it isn’t a gimmick but in the UK you need to buy THREE variants to get a signed copy

"Don’t forget me"

I feel like the variants are more on the label than the artist. Not saying she doesn't look hypocritical but I feel like artists don't get much control over it, like Lana saying the next album will be digital only -> 1 year later and we just got the 10th variant

Just now, Candy Necklace said:

I feel like the variants are more on the label than the artist. Not saying she doesn't look hypocritical but I feel like artists don't get much control over it, like Lana saying the next album will be digital only -> 1 year later and we just got the 10th variant

oh 100% that and cheap merch. These girlies don’t care, it’s the labels trying to get as much money as possible 

in Lana’s defense she also said (in the exact same video) that she wouldn’t be allowed to do that. 

"Don’t forget me"

1 minute ago, Candy Necklace said:

ok BUT for her to come out, just last week, and say “vinyl variants are bad” - while knowing that her label had sent orders for NINE pressings of her upcoming album is unequivocally, irrevocably, and unilaterally stupid. 

I would’ve just kept my mouth shut lol. 

The album is out exactly a year after the announcement of her breakup with Jesse:godlaugh2:

Just now, Mer said:

ok BUT for her to come out, just last week, and say “vinyl variants are bad” - while knowing that her label had sent orders for NINE pressings of her upcoming album is unequivocally, irrevocably, and unilaterally stupid. 

I would’ve just kept my mouth shut lol. 

Yeah ain’t exactly her best move :ajay:

Remember when she won AOTY at the Grammy’s against NFR! and then she got up on stage to praise Ariana… I fear the bitter taste in my mouth for this girl will never leave no matter how much Lana seems to like her.
But nonetheless, I’ll be streaming whenever it’s out, I’m claiming The Diner :) 

tumblr_ov81kxfRAq1t0t62zo1_500.gif

18 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

The album is out exactly a year after the announcement of her breakup with Jesse:godlaugh2:

Yeah ain’t exactly her best move :ajay:

Taylor did the almost same - Poets Department is released a year after when her closest friends unfollowed Joe in Instagram and she also does loads of vinyl variants. Can we say that she's inspired from Taylor as well!? :shock: Jk, love both, no hate, no grudges!

url%5D

I see the Lana influence in these titles and I love it - it’s so great to see her impact everywhere and have more people be open about how she’s inspired their work.

Didn’t Billie post a photo from the Blue Jeans video to her story just recently? That with the titles and underwater album cover really makes me Lana was the main source of inspiration for this. Would be cool if she’s involved somehow! 

1 hour ago, Daytona Beach Sparkler said:

Ok I'm just gonna say it at this point bc it's bugging me:

I know the difference between being inspired and straight off copying someone, and I know that Billie has said that she's inspired by Lana a lot and has praised her. I also know that Lana seems to be fine about being a huge inspiration to Billie.

However, I feel like the Lana's influence on this new album is a little bit too heavy and is seemingly crossing into rip-off territory, unintentional or not. I definitely know what it feels like to be heavily inspired by someone or something, but this feels a little bit too much. The album title, song titles, and visuals are a bit too Lana-esque and it seems like Billie is almost copying her at this point IMO.

If Billie says that the album is heavily Lana inspired and is even a Lana tribute, then that's fine. But if she doesn't, I feel like that would be extremely wrong of her and that it would cause a lot of problems.

So yeah, that's all I wanna say. P.S, I'm an ex-stan who was obsessed with her music in like 2018-2019, so I know what her music sounds like and I could recognize Lana's influence.

TL;DR : I know the difference between inspiration vs copying, and Billie's new album seems so heavily inspired by Lana to the point where it enters rip-off territory and it seems like she's copying her, unintentional or not. :keyboard:

i said this from the first line of copy on the billboard she put up. It couldn't be more lana, the whole thing.

now, if she has lana on the album (at least) and they're clearly friends and fucking around in the studio. But to outright steal the lyricism or vibe from blue jeans or ultraviolence or whatever, isn't right