Sign in to follow this  
Ultra Violet

Changed Opinions on Lana and her music

my opinions of her haven't really changed much since i first fell in love with her.

i think i just love her more now lol.

although i used to hate hearing her sing songs live, but now I listen to her live singing more than her records. i still cringe a little at her earlier performance vocals but she's def improved amazingly vocally. so yeah i used to only prefer her recorded tracks, now i basically only listen to her live tracks lol.

~INSTA1.gif

my opinions of her haven't really changed much since i first fell in love with her.

i think i just love her more now lol.

although i used to hate hearing her sing songs live, but now I listen to her live singing more than her records. i still cringe a little at her earlier performance vocals but she's def improved amazingly vocally. so yeah i used to only prefer her recorded tracks, now i basically only listen to her live tracks lol.

i'm not going to lie - i live for the SNL performance. lol i mean - you can tell she was nervous but i absolutely found it endearing and too real that it's relate-able - my karaoke queen.

i'm not going to lie - i live for the SNL performance. lol i mean - you can tell she was nervous but i absolutely found it endearing and too real that it's relate-able - my karaoke queen.

i don't mind her SNL performance at all. her vocals weren't bad imo.

her early performances of Body Electric......when she sings "grand ol orayyy" (can't spell) i cringe and the sudden low note lol. that's the only one i can think of at the top of my head.

~INSTA1.gif

i don't mind her SNL performance at all. her vocals weren't bad imo.

her early performances of Body Electric......when she sings "grand ol orayyy" (can't spell) i cringe and the sudden low note lol. that's the only one i can think of at the top of my head.

well she also did that in a few of the MDM performances .. i kind of like it. she has a weird technique. it's gotten better. i feel like she got some vocal training during the Y&B recording ....  :creep:

well she also did that in a few of the MDM performances .. i kind of like it. she has a weird technique. it's gotten better. i feel like she got some vocal training during the Y&B recording ....  :creep:

omg yeah that's the other one lol.

i think she did get vocal training. even if she didn't her voice has gotten a million times better

~INSTA1.gif

omg yeah that's the other one lol.

i think she did get vocal training. even if she didn't her voice has gotten a million times better

i think someone told her ... byron, i'm looking at you ... lol 

not but seriously, even her SS performances have gotten a million times better.  :crossed:

I feel like she has filler songs, fillers in the sense that she didn't thought through or made those songs with passion, like, you can't compare carmen with florida kilos, I don't know if anybody else agrees with this, but well that's what I think

I love her very much tho

:whatever: :whatever: :whatever:

Yeah definitely she has filler songs, my favorite is Sad Girl, hope you meant that Florida Kilos is a filler because Carmen is gorgeous af :creep:

8nl2OpX.png

well i just star stanning this year but

-i used to think born to die was her magnum opus. i still think it's amazing but ultraviolence is simply better and i don't think she will ever top it sadly

-i used to think without you was kinda like her best song (embarrassing i know) it's a cool song but kinda sounds like a filler compared with the rest of the album

-i used to hate terrence loves you but it's honestly beautiful

I used to really dislike American and Lolita but now I love them. Also Brooklyn Baby used to be my least favorite song from Ultraviolence but I've seen the light last year.

when i first heard video games back when it was just released, i only watched the first minute of the video and thought "what the :)is this" cause i thought it was sad and depressing, but now I'm addicted

@@PARADIXO-   so I finally changed your mind on American.(possibly subliminally)  Welcome!

I don't even know what I'm saying

btw-

when I first heard her early stuff when it was happening, I thought, nothing could ever beat that

Then I heard Born to die, and said, I am amazed, this is even better but nothing can ever beat this

then I heard Paradise and said, this is the best, nothing could ever beat this

then I heard Ultraviolence and said, this is the best, nothing could ever, I mean ever top this or equal this

then came Honeymoon and yup, I cannot believe she gets better and better and better and now she has a production credit too(and Chuck took the best pictures for an album of anyone, and the concept of Honeymoon, from the first note, to the stern warning "Don't let me be misunderstood" and having NO filler floored me.

to paraphrase John Miles 1970s opus piano/voca/orchestral 8 minute anthem "Music"-

first in 2011 after having a health problem, and now especially after the theft of the election by Trump-for the next 4 years-

"Cuz in this world of sadness, Her Music gets me through"

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

i didn't like video games but somehow i still got btd and carmen when they were they were available for free on itunes and they got me into her, i then realised that video games is more than just a basic piano ballad when i bought btd (the album).

That's exactly what I used to think about video games

@NamiraWilhelm this thread could easily be discussed in another topic related to this topic. my topic was on the gifs created by Lanaboards staff, which was unrelated to any other thread we have. your point?

I do not see how. Discussing this in other topics would be off-topic to those threads.... Here is just a place to talk about changed opinions all in one spot so we don't have to go searching through every single thread to find out on occasion....

I didn't watch the Video Games video properly until last year bc I thought it was boring and hated how it just skipped through random footage.

And same with the Carmen video

But ofc now I've grown to love them and all of the lizzy videos. It fascinates me now.

I hate American and i still hate American lol

I use to hate her repetitive words like when she would say "life imitates art" i would get really annoyed and i would skip to UV

i will love you until the end of time.