Elle

LDR5 Pre-Pre-Release Thread - Take 2

I also hope that they will release cd singles with radio edits and remix EPs!!!

And that she will hit me up to do one!!!

I highly support this and I propose to raise a fund so she can notice your ass cause you hella deserve it.

Also I thought about something - the live Insta she did in January was in studio no? Is that an indication of when the album could potentially be released? How long does it usually takes between the last touchups in studio and the release of an album? 

Omg this is my 3000th post too, tragic

ZKcaooE.png

I'm not a fan of Chuck's HM cover but I LOVED the shot she took of Lana outside the motel. That would've made an awesome album cover.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

The term 'Young And In Love' reminds me a lot of Beyond And Above

I love them.

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

it's a very personal record and Lana is way too far away, especially compared to the others... What strikes me the most is that Lana isn't looking at us, when she was in all the others, and it's reinforced by the fact that she's wearing big ass shades.

Lana said for this album she was actually writing less personally about herself and that it was more observational and that she was enjoying being more of a voyeur. And it illustrates that successfully, especially alongside tracks like Music To Watch Boys To and Art Deco which are about observing people

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Lana said for this album she was actually writing less personally about herself and that it was more observational and that she was enjoying being more of a voyeur. And it illustrates that successfully, especially alongside tracks like Music To Watch Boys To and Art Deco which are about observing people

Honestly she says a lot of things and their contrary, I agree especially with GKIT and you make a lot of sense but it isn't what I personally felt from the album, I don't think it's really more observatory because the lyrics can have a lot of double sense and end up relating to her like HBTB being a metaphore of her own fame, she's the voyeur in MTWBT but she presents less what she sees than her watching, if you know what I mean. Art Deco could be herself as she sees herself, etc, basically it has a lot of interpretations and they're all valid. I understand why Lana would put this particular vision on the cover, obviously, but since I didn't related to it it made it difficult for me to relate to the cover, at least at first.

But I don't even dislike the cover anyway, I did at first but now I think it works, I'm trying to understand why it had so many negative reactions

ZKcaooE.png

I think Chuck is a great photographer and I love the photos she did for High by the Beach, but the Honeymoon cover was just awful :eek:

Has anyone considered that maybe Lana chose the cover for HM from the shoot, and that Chuck didn't even know that one was going to be 'the one' as she was taking it?

I still think Chuck has shot the best, raw photos of Lana. But I think this album will not have a cover like HM. HM was a sheltered album (hence no upfront lana on the cover), this one is different

(Ok maybe sheltered isn't the right word but u know what I mean. If I have to say the word dreamy one more time I'll wither away, but it WAS drxamy

Anyway at least HM got the exclusive cover with her face on it! I think that was angelic. I see no one talking about that...

Edited by Cult Leader

Has anyone considered that maybe Lana chose the cover for HM from the shoot, and that Chuck didn't even know that one was going to be 'the one' as she was taking it?

I still think Chuck has shot the best, raw photos of Lana. But I think this album will not have a cover like HM. HM was a sheltered album (hence no upfront lana on the cover), this one is different

(Ok maybe sheltered isn't the right word but u know what I mean. If I have to say the word dreamy one more time I'll wither away, but it WAS drxamy

Anyway at least HM got the exclusive cover with her face on it! I think that was angelic. I see no one talking about that...

I think the reason I disliked the cover so much is because it looked too much like an advert for Starline Tours and just had too much going on. I just felt like there was so much potential for the cover to be beautiful and match the songs a bit better if that makes sense! I loved the exclusive cover too I thought it was beautiful! :oprah:

s-be18bcd9e81764b8ffe6979bdf3994c544ee54

I think the cover for Paradise was so pretty! I adored the colours, and the palm trees and pool in the background was such a lovely aesthetic! Her face was way over edited though... Ugh

I would probably say Paradise was my favourite Lana album cover (oh if only they'd not edited her face), I feel like it perfectly encapsulates the vibe of the album!

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

I think the reason I disliked the cover so much is because it looked too much like an advert for Starline Tours and just had too much going on. I just felt like there was so much potential for the cover to be beautiful and match the songs a bit better if that makes sense! I loved the exclusive cover too I thought it was beautiful! :oprah:

Yikes that's so true. But I have the HM regular vinyl and looking at it on a large hard copy, it made me realise that it has symbolism. There's lots of hints in HM songs about lana not wanting the spotlight, and her being a passenger on the tour bus reflects that. The colours reflect the song themes too but ehh, enough analyses, exclusive cover all the way!

I think the cover for Paradise was so pretty! I adored the colours, and the palm trees and pool in the background was such a lovely aesthetic! Her face was way over edited though... Ugh

I would probably say Paradise was my favourite Lana album cover (oh if only they'd not edited her face), I feel like it perfectly encapsulates the vibe of the album!

Omg exactly. At first I was like EW she so fake tanned and airbrushed, but that's cause it's perfect paradise duhh.

I hope the new album cover reflects the themes of the songs like paradise did ^_^

Paradise is my favourite cover too, it matches the vibe of the album perfectly I couldn't even imagine another cover for it :defeated:

s-be18bcd9e81764b8ffe6979bdf3994c544ee54