Sign in to follow this  
sparklrtrailrheaven

THE *HONEYMOON* ERA

I loved the festival tour she did last summer, she looked amazing, the outfits were great and so was the tracklist. Even tho she performed only a few songs from Honeymoon I think it was a smart choice since performing in festival means performing for people who might only know your biggest songs.

I really liked the few photoshoots she did, for Billboard, V Magazine, Marfa Journal, Neil's Honeymoon shoot, and the one for Vogue Turkey was cute even tho she was photoshopped to death.

Overall she looked great during most of the era, served looks on the few red carpets she walked + auburn and blonde hair really fits her.The music videos were cute, even if they were not as great as her previous ones.

I don't know, I think it was a nice era after all- short but cute :flutter:

giphy.gif

'daaark blueee', 'stranger than a stranger'.. if that's lyrical improvement i hope she'll stop improving soon :awkney:

LOL I FORGOT ABOUT THE TITLE TRACK , PLEASE DO NOT CONSIDER HONEYMOON AS PART OF THE ALBUM CAUSE THAT SONG IS LYRICAL TRASH LMAOmimi-shade-gif-1.gif

i will love you until the end of time.

I seriously DO NOT understand all this hate towards Honeymoon? Most of ya'll are complaining that it was boring, but it's funny because it was the first album that got me into Lana. You can't be true fans if you can't appreciate what a beautiful record it is. Just because it's slow doesn't mean it's boring. Not everything has to have big beats and fast paced random lyrics to be enjoyable.

The Honeymoon record is all about capturing a certain mood, creating an atmosphere with very few words. The instrumentals in Honeymoon, MTWBT and Art Deco are haunting and very dark. I am so confused by some of you guys saying you dislike it. I personally love every aspect of Lana. I feel as though if it were another singer doing this record, i probably wouldn't enjoy it as much. But it's Lana, so what's not to like?

Honeymoon was a wonderful, beautiful and creative era and i'll forever miss it. :kiss:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I seriously DO NOT understand all this hate towards Honeymoon? Most of ya'll are complaining that it was boring, but it's funny because it was the first album that got me into Lana. You can't be true fans if you can't appreciate what a beautiful record it is. Just because it's slow doesn't mean it's boring. Not everything has to have big beats and fast paced random lyrics to be enjoyable.

The Honeymoon record is all about capturing a certain mood, creating an atmosphere with very few words. The instrumentals in Honeymoon, MTWBT and Art Deco are haunting and very dark. I am so confused by some of you guys saying you dislike it. I personally love every aspect of Lana. I feel as though if it were another singer doing this record, i probably wouldn't enjoy it as much. But it's Lana, so what's not to like?

Honeymoon was a wonderful, beautiful and creative era and i'll forever miss it. :kiss:

"You can't be true fans if ..." ew.

Apart from that it's not really about slow or fast, it's about how monotonous it is. The production, the vocals and the tempo have not much variation at all. No heaps of passion or energy. Solid tracks but they don't add up to something extremely interesting

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Um excuse me, just because I love Lana doesn't mean I have to glorify everything she does. 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I find it to be her best record & my favorite record so far. Though I don't find it to be monotonous. Rather, as I believe somebody else said it as well, very submissive. You can legitimately feel her growing throughout the record. Not only that, but in some parts of the record were I used to think she lacked energy I found she didn't. This is where her submission showed best I found. She was trying to be the femme fatale, the dominant figure in her life. Though, through taking the stand & accomplishing what she had to do she was also deathly afraid. Thus explaining why some parts if the songs sound quieter or almost like it could be more but it isn't. Though by the end of the record you can tell she's growing more & more independent. She's adapting. I also love everything to do with the era. Though, rather quiet at times I found it to be very intriguing.

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

I don't think it's fair to claim that someone is not a true fan because they don't care for one of Lana's albums. You can be the biggest fan of an artist and still not like everything they've put out-- it's great if you do like all of Lana's material, but it's a stretch to say that everyone must like it simply because they call themselves a fan. 

Basically, I think it's fantastic that you love HM and see a lot of beauty in it, but you can't shame others for not sharing your tastes. Please be respectful of the fact that we're here because we're fans of Lana, and we're not all going to have the same opinions and preferences :kiss:

o4qjp4j.png

Things I Liked About HM Era -

- Honeymoon Instrumental (It's really gorgeous and a great listen)

- Album Trailer

- Lana has started to become great on stage and I loved it when she played the guitar whilst preforming Yayo.

- V Magazine,Another Man and Interview Photoshoots

- The Blackest Day, MTWBT, Salvatore, GKIT and Swan Song. There the only tracks on HM that I love to bits.

- The HM Hotline was kinda cute and so was the IG profile.

- BBC Maida Vale 

Things I Didn't LIke HM -

-  Album Cover and the whole of the HM photoshoot. Sorry Neil and Chuck but they let themselves down massively  :creep:

- That stupid red hat she wore (It deserves to be mentioned lol)

- Vogue Turkey and Marfa Journal Photoshoot.

- The weak lead single HBTB and video (Which with a little work it could've been amazing)

-  "Stranger Than Stanger" and other lazy arse lyrics.

- There's no passion to be seen or heard in vocals,lyrics or instrumentals. The LP is the definition monotonous.

- All the videos were disappointing. The recycling of a scrapped UV then putting into two HM MV's. I just don't have words for that  :toofunny:  :bye2:

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Um excuse me, just because I love Lana doesn't mean I have to glorify everything she does. 

well i didn't mean that, there are some songs of hers that i don't like much either (true love on the side). I just mean, at least appreciate it for what it is

I don't think it's fair to claim that someone is not a true fan because they don't care for one of Lana's albums. You can be the biggest fan of an artist and still not like everything they've put out-- it's great if you do like all of Lana's material, but it's a stretch to say that everyone must like it simply because they call themselves a fan. 

Basically, I think it's fantastic that you love HM and see a lot of beauty in it, but you can't shame others for not sharing your tastes. Please be respectful of the fact that we're here because we're fans of Lana, and we're not all going to have the same opinions and preferences :kiss:

okay i take that back about the whole "your not a true fan" thing. It just baffals me because i find it so beautiful lol

okay i take that back about the whole "your not a true fan" thing. It just baffals me because i find it so beautiful lol

I totally get that! That's absolutely me when people say they don't like AKA... I think it's unbelievably well-done and gorgeous, so it boggles my mind that anyone could dislike it! But, I've got to remember that we all see things through a *~different lens~* :heart:

o4qjp4j.png

to be quite honest i really enjoyed this era, it seemed boring to me at first but when i took the time to listen to in full depth, i liked it. Its not the best, but its good  :hooker:  

things i enjoyed most in the hm era are: 

-the music videos  :toofunny: (honeymoon is my favorite, it reminds me so much of her lizzy grant days)

-the songs are pretty good too (except one which is religion tbh)

- I LIKE THE ALBUM COVER  :(

things i enjoyed the least:

- nothing 

ynrsh.gif

what i enjoy:

-she went back to her root and produced the whole album with two people only

-she tried to experiment with current music like trap and still kept the whole album very cohesive

-the connection from FREAK to ART DECO

-songs that i like: Honeymoon, Terrence Loves You, God Knows I Tried, High By The Beach, Art Deco, Salvatore, The Blackest Day

-she tried to have intimate time with her US-based hard-core fans (e.g. honeymoon hotline, UO listening party, etc.) which makes me jealous

-add some dance moves in her festival tour

-the UV footage finally saw the light

-BBC live

-she finally attended some of the award shows / big events (e.g. Brits)

-V Mag.

what i dont enjoy much:

-the covers (singles and album included) and some of the visuals

-the music videos (from HBTB to Honeymoon -->why did u scrap it girl, it's not even as controversial as UV)

-the promo and the hype

-same old setlist for the tour

-some weird lyrics

-the whole era is just not as exciting as the pervious ones (even UV had more sparks than this)

-overall the whole album is great but it does sound pretty bland, there's no punch like SoC-BBy-WC

-the amount of dramas on LB because how unactive she was during the whole era.

giphy.gif

- more than half of the album has a very monotonous sound

- recycled material ideas from UV

- the cover is boring and omg, that stupid red hat... but in general all the covers looks the same tho

- the lyrics  :facepalm:

- I saw more of her personal life via Instagram than things promoting this Album.

- boring as feck

the thing is:  it shouldn't exist tbh

Honeymoon is by far my favourite Lana album.

It may have lacked consistency as era with visuals, Lana appearing even less in the media, the tracks not being included on festival tour setlist and even more problematic stuff (like some lyrics being flat and lazy in exchange for being a part of some of the best Lana songs of all time in terms of musical arrangement/melody, whiCH I CAN'T EVEN PROCESS, HOW COULD YOU WASTE THEM LIKE THAT :shutup: )

But to be fair:

- Instrumentals of HM are my truest kink,

- I loved the festival tour outfits, hairstyles, accesories, stage arrangement, I even loved the not-so-much-but-I'm-not-sure half-ironic dancers and I think these were her best concerts in terms of vocals too,

- I adore Marfa & V shoots,

- I absolutely loved the era being somehow lowkey/chill - I know some of you disagree, but I find it great that she just let the music speak. There's something magnetic about that.

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

I totally get that! That's absolutely me when people say they don't like AKA... I think it's unbelievably well-done and gorgeous, so it boggles my mind that anyone could dislike it! But, I've got to remember that we all see things through a *~different lens~* :heart:

I adore AKA too and it's originality. I've never heard a sound from any other artist like that before. I think that's what makes it very special and unique

-she tried to have intimate time with her US-based hard-core fans (e.g. honeymoon hotline, UO listening party, etc.) which makes me jealous

I was thrilled & happy for them with it but also really really jealous too.

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

honeymoon is my favorite album by her. it has such beautiful gems so I don't understand all of the hate it gets :(

my favorites are terrence loves you, freak, art deco, religion, salvatore, and the blackest day