Sign in to follow this  
sparklrtrailrheaven

THE *HONEYMOON* ERA

I love the album, I totally get why a lot of people don't like it ad I respect everyone's opinion, but personally I love the album! I think it's a beautiful album.

Music To Watch Boys To, Terrence Loves You, Salvatore, The Blackest Day, 24, and Swan Song are my album highlights tbh! I know 24 gets a lot of hate but I just love it!

That being said, the era itself was very lacklustre? I mean, it didn't feel like it even ended it just kind of fizzled out...

I thought the Honeymoon Hotline was a brilliant idea, so creative, but then that also kind of fizzled out when she didn't follow through with it?

The album trailer was great, as was the HBTB video! And I remember how surreal it was when we first saw that image of Lana holding the big sci-fi gun because it was such a jarring change of imagery from what I was expecting after Honeymoon (the song) was released? 

The Music To Watch Boys To video was gorgeous, another highlight of the era for me!

Overall, the album was beautiful but I feel like the era didn't live up to its full potential for me? Already though Lust For Life seems to be really kicking it up and I feel this will be a truly exciting and iconic era, or at least that's my hope!

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

The only good thing about that HM was like that one month when she walked 5 different red carpets and finally was doing something. Although her outfits were kinda tragic she looked cute

giphy.gif

HM is her best major label album by a nose over UV.* HM & 24 are fucking masterpieces. GKIT, "Salvatore", & TBD are fantastic, and MTWBT & "Freak" have moments of sheer brilliance. I do not understand the underappreciation. I can only chalk it up to y'all being pace queens. Or being focused more on promotion or videos than the music itself.

*The songs on BTD had the potential to be, but the overproduction ruined it.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

It wasn't a bad album,it was weaker than UV but not bad,I liked almost all the tracks as usual but my favourites are HBTB,MTWBT,24,Salvatore,Freak,DLMBM & Swan Song :isee: 

I loved HBTB & MTWB videos too :dance:

k0AnwZF.gif

I don't hate Honeymoon, it has some good songs on it e.g. The Blackest Day, God Knows I Tried, High by The Beach, Salvatore, Freak.

But it's my least favourite of her Lana Del Rey albums definitely. Not necessarily bc I don't like slow songs or only want bops bc most of the music I listen to isn't pop and isn't catchy, but because tbh I find half the songs on it have absolutely no payoff to them and also definitely don't think the album has her best lyrics even remotely.

Although I have to admit I don't get all the hate for the album cover. I actually like it.

fq1rcbo.gif

I more and more have the same feeling about HM than I have about Paradise; there are some undeniably excellent songs on it, and there's albums where I love less songs, but that I love more than HM. Basically as much as I like the songs by themselves I have trouble appreciating the concept of them put together as an album. That's why I adored the songs when I first listened to them, because I was only focused on the music, and not the general ambiance. And the fact that it's cruelly lacking visuals makes it impossible for me to appreciate it as thoroughly as I could. The song from HM I listen to the most now are HBTB and MTWBT remixes :/ It's sad

ZKcaooE.png

It definitely was her best album.

I totally agree with it being underappreciated but whatever.

Can't wait for LFL!

Who knows, she might top HM with LFL.  :flutter:

giphy.gif

HM is her best major label album by a nose over UV.* HM & 24 are fucking masterpieces. GKIT, "Salvatore", & TBD are fantastic, and MTWBT & "Freak" have moments of sheer brilliance. I do not understand the underappreciation. I can only chalk it up to y'all being pace queens. Or being focused more on promotion or videos than the music itself.

*The songs on BTD had the potential to be, but the overproduction ruined it.

I really like 24 and Blackest Day, HBTB and MTWBT. But I just don't feel the same pull I do to songs like Cruel World, Shades of Cool, or Born to Die. 

There was a review I remember about HM where the critic said that the album revolved around a more passive role that was less introspective and more of a commentator of the things around her, and I agreed with that. I do tend to like Lana best when she is either a. slow and introspective or b. uptempo, and I felt like both of those were missing from HM for the large part.

Objectively, yes, it is one of her most coherent bodies of work next to UV. 

Her best album. Her most satisfying, complete, intricate one by far. Honeymoon, the song is indeed a fucking musical masterpiece.

I mean people that hate on hm stan for the likes of MO, Marina, allied x, melanie and whatever tumblr reject. Pay them no mind.