Sitar

Official Single Premiere: "LOVE"

A special congratulations to Emile Haynie and Lana for the production.

and the auto tuned loon if my ears don't deceive me

to add to my other 2 posts, both the one in this thread, and the other Love thread-

and am struck by the connection the protagonist of Old Money looking at the landscape below, this time though not in regret and what once was looking back,

but in a direct Barack Obama look forward to what could be

she is in a deep sense channeling JFK's most famous  quote here "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country"

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

If she collabs with Chan, even just in songwriting, I'm kms on camera. Two of the very few women that had the most powerful impact on me I will never cease to be bewildered by the fact that Chan even acknowledged her, she came from so far and I'm very proud of her

ZKcaooE.png

If she collabs with Chan, even just in songwriting, I'm kms on camera. Two of the very few women that had the most powerful impact on me I will never cease to be bewildered by the fact that Chan even acknowledged her, she came from so far and I'm very proud of her

Jesus lord you scared me at "ill kms on camera". how could anyone hate a Chan/Lana collab. 

I remember Lana saying that she likes Cat Power cause of the way she sings, sounds like shes getting her story across more emotionally or something. And this is exactly the kind of thing it sounds like she wants in her new album. 

Jesus lord you scared me at "ill kms on camera". how could anyone hate a Chan/Lana collab. 

I remember Lana saying that she likes Cat Power cause of the way she sings, sounds like shes getting her story across more emotionally or something. And this is exactly the kind of thing it sounds like she wants in her new album. 

She said several times how much she was a fan, talked about listening to Sea Of Love on a loop in New York, and my meltdown when we got the Ohana pics was legendary.

And something that really moves me is that Chan liked some of my Lana posters, especially the one for Radio, on Instagram. God my love for this woman

ZKcaooE.png

I think I found something cool. So because of my symbolism obsessed English teacher, I decided to look into the symbolism behind daisies seeing as it is the flower she is wearing in her hair. I found this.

Gerber daises (those in the Gerbera genera) symbolizes cheerfulness. They were often paired with ferns, which symbolize sincerity. English daisy (Bellis perennis) symbolizes innocence. They were often paired with primroses, which is a symbol for childhood and/or moss, which symbolized mother love.

She's sending us her motherly 'Love', Providing us with cheerfulness and asking us to protect our innocence (Look at you kids, you know you're the coolest, The world is yours and you can't refuse it, Seen so much, you could get the blues, But that don't mean that you should abuse it)

She also is calling us kids which relate to childhood and she is presenting her message with the utmost sincerity.

I feel like this is way too on the nose to be a coincidence. 

Detective-With-Magnifier-90881.gif

I will not Jodie Foster this kind of behavior  giphy.gif roivaheb fo dnik siht retsoF eidoJ ton lliw I 

anyone who says this is lyrically repetitive should go back to check Honeymoon (title track), High By The Beach, God Knows I Tried, etc. out

she only mentions "to be young and in love" twice in the chorus...

which is a 33.33% decline in repetition of the same phrase, comparing to some of her recent songs, which have at least 3 same phrase over and over again in the chorus.

giphy.gif