Sitar

Official Single Premiere: "LOVE"

The reason why she's probably having features on the record this year is bc it's less autobiographical and for her, and more deticated to the fans. Aint confirmed Idk anything, but there's suposedly songs with trap beats. i guess like honeymoon

Duet Partners I would love to hear-

Brian Wilson (he owes her one anyhow)

Elton John

Pet Shop Boys

Barack and Michelle Obama

Tom T Hall

Al Greene

Aretha

David Johansen of the NY Dolls (aka Buster Poindexter)

Bruce

and anyone that Lana chooses is fine with me.

a real attention grabber would be a duet with Lorde or Katy or Gaga or Taylor or Adele

and on her album a duet with Weeknd. Make his fans buy her album and song, much like who knows how many tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands or even millions of downloads Weeknd got from Lana fans

(I bought his last two albums solely because of her. Sales Gained, and I root for him to win awards, as it counts for her.

the beginning of the music of Love reminds me vaguely of Band-Aids "Do they know it's Christmas"

Imagine some song with 40 or so female stars doing a record  written by Lana for women empowerment worldwide

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Marina also liked Lana's tweet about Love yesterday. I'm still not hoping for a collab. I can't picture Lana featuring another woman on a record.

I could but it would have to be a rapper I think. (Fingers crossed for the most unlike Nicki Minaj xx Lana Del Rey collab)

i'm deeply unimpressed with this song, to be perfectly honest. hopefully it'll grow on me, because i think this is the least impressed / interested i've ever been in a Lana song on a first listen (maybe on par with Bel Air & Black Beauty, which are probably my least favorite songs of hers).

Black Beauty and Bel Air are your least favorites??? what???

People thought Honeymoon would be her last album because of 'Swan Song' where she sings "I will never sing again", and we know it wasn't her last album, so I'm not worried about LDR5 being her last album either tbh!

She's always creating and writing and stuff, I don't see her stopping for quite some time yet, so I wouldn't worry about it  :D

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

Duet Partners I would love to hear-

Brian Wilson (he owes her one anyhow)

Elton John

Pet Shop Boys

Barack and Michelle Obama

Tom T Hall

Al Greene

Aretha

David Johansen of the NY Dolls (aka Buster Poindexter)

Bruce

and anyone that Lana chooses is fine with me.

a real attention grabber would be a duet with Lorde or Katy or Gaga or Taylor or Adele

and on her album a duet with Weeknd. Make his fans buy her album and song, much like who knows how many tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands or even millions of downloads Weeknd got from Lana fans

(I bought his last two albums solely because of her. Sales Gained, and I root for him to win awards, as it counts for her.

the beginning of the music of Love reminds me vaguely of Band-Aids "Do they know it's Christmas"

Imagine some song with 40 or so female stars doing a record  written by Lana for women empowerment worldwide

nnnnnnnnnnn LMFAOOOO

animation1.gif

People thought Honeymoon would be her last album because of 'Swan Song' where she sings "I will never sing again", and we know it wasn't her last album, so I'm not worried about LDR5 being her last album either tbh:D

Fans here tend to read into things a bit too much.

Look at the collab lists, people think because Lana played a song in her ipod one time 5 years ago that means shes going to collab with them on the new album.

Lana's honestly misleading and lucky tbh.

Misleading bc people think shes a sad girl and depressing when thats just the way her music ends up sounding. She already stated video games isn't a depressing song. It's actually a happy song. It's about honoring the beauty of a relationship. watching video games, having fun, only worth living if somebody's loving you. She likes pop and rap too, she's not just some odd vintage girl lmao. She's so misinterpreted and it took me years to realize that. I really wish I would've found her before 2011, but who has tbh.

And lucky bc I doubt she makes each album as a chronological story hooked to one another. Each album is just so good and complex that it seems like they'd be linked. I write a little, and I know that after once project, you really just have to forget ab your previous work and act like you've never written before. It's a new chapter.

Fans here tend to read into things a bit too much.

Look at the collab lists, people think because Lana played a song in her ipod one time 5 years ago that means shes going to collab with them on the new album.

Ha! That's true... tbh I usually love reading the reaches people make, like when there was legit a theory about Honeymoon's release date based on moon phases  :teehee: I love this place so much

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

VINTAGE MUSIC TRIVIA (DEEP LORE)

The "Don't Worry Baby" line references both the Beach Boys song and the Ronettes' "Be My Baby" with a musical flourish, the former song having been inspired by the latter

it's funny you say that because Garbage has the same reference in their song "Push It," which I immediately thought of when listening to Love.

It's at 0:37 if you're curious

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

VINTAGE MUSIC TRIVIA (DEEP LORE)

The "Don't Worry Baby" line references both the Beach Boys song and the Ronettes' "Be My Baby" with a musical flourish, the former song having been inspired by the latter

Ronnie Spector - lead singer of the Rosettes - also recorded "Don't Worry Baby"! 

I AM MY ONLY GOD