Say Yes to Heaven

LDR5 - Pre-Release Thread

u kidding right ?

from a technical perspective she might even be a better songwriter than lana

I laughed. Her songs are comprised of cliches and second graders rhymes 

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

I honestly don't think Lana will collab with Marina or like any of the people she's started following recently (including Ariana)

She only does ANYTHING musical with people that inspire her (like her tattoo artist and father john misty in videos)

have a look at the people she's already recorded music with:

Bobby Womack

Barrie Oneill

The Weeknd

Asap Rocky

I definitely missed others but we get the picture? Theyre people she likes irl and people who inspire her, not the first radio-hit person that can get her attention... NOR everyone's next favourite indie queen to share fans with

It's OK to have your fantasies but please can we keep it realistic here? :) xoxox

Everyone saying Marina has no talent -

Some of her songs have had the most technical lyrics I have ever listened to, take Mowgli's Road for example. I feel a lot of her lyrics are so deep sometimes they are easily overlooked, e.g. Mowgli's Road, Scab and Plaster, and Buy The Stars.

Of course I am biased but I don't feel Marina deserves this, she writes truly beautiful lyrics and has an amazing voice.

Personally I would love a collab however I don't really know how it would work as their voices are very different, but to me it is an interesting idea to think about.

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

i discovered marina a while before i ever discovered lana, it just so happens that i ended up liking lana more. i definitely think marina is talented and has a great voice but its not a voice that would work with lanas

pNjWdpc.png

I could actually imagine a Larina duet on a song similar to Garbage's "Sugar". But yeah, it would probably not work out too good with their voices.

Saying Marina has no talent is bullshit though. Her lyrics are really good and she has a great voice. Don't even try to come for her when you stan the likes of Kety, Ariana or Trashlor.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Marina is bottom of the barrel garbage. She's universally PANNED.

The audacity to come for Taylor when Marina is the Katy Perry(minus the success) of the alt-pop scene or whatever. Are you hearing yourself.

YAAAAAS! I couldn't say it better. Bless you Constantine.

F*ck Marina and her Floppy Diamond, she sucks.