Say Yes to Heaven

LDR5 - Pre-Release Thread

Luckily, every show I went to only had a few of these fans. The biggest part of the audience looked "older"

I usually watch performances by musician Jeff Buckley (who tended to have an older audience) and most fans were quiet, just watching him play and sing (especially during the song Hallelujah) and I think that shows respect for the artist (not saying it's bad to get excited and scream) but yeah. There was this one incident I loved, where a girl was screaming in the crowd and Jeff tells her straight "honey I don't go for screamers" lol!

I just think some fans can ruin an experience for others who actually want to hear the words.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I enjoyed it!!!

But she could've done better, and she proved it

I'm not here to hate on her

I love her

That's why I'm so critical, because she has the potential

it is the perfect lead single though. totally her style, accessible, palatable towards a bigger audience. and quite frankly, we need a bigger audience to keeo her doing things that she has been doing for years now. it is impossible without them. and lana knows that.

this is all i am saying. we as a fanbase need to buy her shit and stream the hell out of it. when other fanbases do it, why can't we?

so you want her to always have a bad crowd? and the second part is untrue. i went to the bristow show in the endless summer tour, i was near the lawn and everyone was screaming and going crazy and i and everybody around me could hear her perfectly fine

how is being silent at a concert gonna help lana do more shows. if anything it would discourage her, she loves it when we get loud thats why she sings Serial Killer

I think a good crowd does not have to be silent, but the screaming and screeching is really super annoying and ruins the concerts for anyone but the ones screaming. People even ADMIT they don#t go to concerts to listen to her but to see her.

A crowd does not have to make noise all the time DURING the songs in order to encourage the artist. Hell, Lana is around for a while by now, it's not as if she would be new to performing on stages.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I think a good crowd does not have to be silent, but the screaming and screeching is really super annoying and ruins the concerts for anyone but the ones screaming. People even ADMIT they don#t go to concerts to listen to her but to see her.

A crowd does not have to make noise all the time DURING the songs in order to encourage the artist. Hell, Lana is around for a while by now, it's not as if she would be new to performing on stages.

oh yeah i totally understand that there are people who make too much noise but how do those small numbers affect lana to plan more shows. shes not gonna go "ehhh lets not go to DC because the people there are too loud" or "lets go to bristow because the people there are silent"

I usually watch performances by musician Jeff Buckley (who tended to have an older audience) and most fans were quiet, just watching him play and sing (especially during the song Hallelujah) and I think that shows respect for the artist (not saying it's bad to get excited and scream) but yeah. There was this one incident I loved, where a girl was screaming in the crowd and Jeff tells her straight "honey I don't go for screamers" lol!

I just think some fans can ruin an experience for others who actually want to hear the words.

I really loved Lana's accapella version of Salvatore at the Montreux Jazz Festival last year because the crowd was (almost) totally silent during that minute. That was a true magical moment.

@- agree 100%.

Leonard Cohen shows, one can hear a pin drop

Elton John shows- on the ballads one sits, on the fast songs one stands and sings

over the years until it closed, the Bottom Line club in NY had some of the biggest artists in a very small club (500, only 250 which were fans, the other were reserved record or radio or other stars), and people sat and listened.

Especially if the new album is one that has a bit of a different meaning- people need to absorb the words much like when Springsteen releases his

solo acoustic albums(he even yells at the crowd at the start to shut up and listen, and they do)

And at festivals, where people are there for many different groups, she can gain lots of new fans, but only if they hear her, because there is always another stage they can move along to, and if they can't hear her, they wander off.

Sometimes I think that some of her most ardent younger fans think she is going to fail, so they outshout her so someone might not hear a flaw.

I do hope that in each show, someone with her is having a professional tape of her on stage that is being kept for future mega-releases, one where they can control the sound so as to dim the audience and just focus on her and the band in each show.

(Would love if every single live show some day were released in full, as she does not have all that many shows, theoretically it is possible.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Love #1 on the Spotify Viral 50 Chart... does that mean anything ? I mean, is it a big chart/playlist ?

it's been there since yesterday, idk i guess it's a good thing? lol

@blackestday post 2553

the Bristow VA  Endless Summer show of all the ones I saw was my favorite so far. It's like everything was perfect that night.

Which is why I will travel and spend the money on gas, tolls, hotels, because there is always that one show that stands above all others.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I really really REALLY wish that this era will bring a change in the damn tour setlist. Goddamn, I am not here for another tour with songs like Lolita, Carmen, etc  :biblio: sing something from your other albums, please! 

zXzLCRU.png

@- agree 100%.

Leonard Cohen shows, one can hear a pin drop

Elton John shows- on the ballads one sits, on the fast songs one stands and sings

over the years until it closed, the Bottom Line club in NY had some of the biggest artists in a very small club (500, only 250 which were fans, the other were reserved record or radio or other stars), and people sat and listened.

Especially if the new album is one that has a bit of a different meaning- people need to absorb the words much like when Springsteen releases his

solo acoustic albums(he even yells at the crowd at the start to shut up and listen, and they do)

And at festivals, where people are there for many different groups, she can gain lots of new fans, but only if they hear her, because there is always another stage they can move along to, and if they can't hear her, they wander off.

Sometimes I think that some of her most ardent younger fans think she is going to fail, so they outshout her so someone might not hear a flaw.

I do hope that in each show, someone with her is having a professional tape of her on stage that is being kept for future mega-releases, one where they can control the sound so as to dim the audience and just focus on her and the band in each show.

(Would love if every single live show some day were released in full, as she does not have all that many shows, theoretically it is possible.

I agree. I love when artists actually tell the audience to shut up lol.

Have you heard Jeff's performances at Cafe Sin-é? I mean, it's a cafe where people go to drink and talk but hearing the recordings, everybody is dead silent and I just think it's very nice.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I really really REALLY wish that this era will bring a change in the damn tour setlist. Goddamn, I am not here for another tour with songs like Lolita, Carmen, etc  :biblio: sing something from your other albums, please!

lolita is THAT bop tho

YES! More UV please  :oprah3:

I'd watch nina simone and she'd just sit there at her piano until everyone would shutup , and it'd be a concert hall full of people and she would just play and it was really beautiful actually. Everyone would sit there and watch her, like in the "love" music video.

I agree. I love when artists actually tell the audience to shut up lol.

Have you heard Jeff's performances at Cafe Sin-é? I mean, it's a cafe where people go to drink and talk but hearing the recordings, everybody is dead silent and I just think it's very nice.

Nina Simone too...

@blackestday post 2573  yes. they are amazing. Jeff  was amazing. So sad he died.

sometimes I see shows during the summer in NJ at The Garden State art center (PNC bank center), and just buy lawn general admission

and just bring a blanket, lie down under the stars close my eyes and just listen. (I wouldn't do that for Lana, as I would get tix up front, but

on a beautiful hot summer night. Might not even be a fan of whose playing (or my better half or friends want to see the show), but there is something about live shows

it also reminds me, how his entire career, Ryan Adams has been bothered by "fans" yelling out "Summer of '69"(Bryan Adams' song) and it really affected him over the first part of his career (later he got passed it)...  (long before he covered Taylor's album...)