Say Yes to Heaven

LDR5 - Pre-Release Thread

Love always reminded me of Paradise, but reminded me the most to the little teaser we got from Life Is Beautiful, but kind of mixed with Swan Song.

BAR, however, sounds to me like a mix between Yayo (AKA version) and the unreleased Hanging Around.

I love how we're all finding different things! Remember when we were all saying it would be like HM but with BTD beats influences and UV vocals and lyrics influences and now a lot of us hear some May Jailer (fucking slay! never thought this day would happen) and AKA vibes... Even if she hadn't said about this record being a hat tip for the fans I would still have this feeling. Every Lana stan (except maybe the hardcore pop fans like me) can find something to be satisfied about with these two new songs. And even if you don't like how it sounds, even if you don't like the aesthetics, I think no one can deny that are visuals are definitely stellar  :teehee:

ZKcaooE.png

oh my god d7ccbbf8361b36e39f588b2c1c3c77da.gif7d58aae695470e68145f6290a1106101.gif

the song is heavenly i hope the final keeps the same lizzy grant acoustic meets born to die demo vibes. 

and even though its great lana should get rid of emile/nowels and hire david kahne for her next albom

Or Auerbach 

Tim Larcombe really needs to come back, Lana worked with him on some of the best songs she's ever made (especially OTTR and G&M).

Go Go Dancer too. :defeated: :defeated: :defeated: :kris:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

BAR is reminding me a lot of pawn shop blues and some other Lizzy era songs.. anyone else?? Even towards the end with the overlapping voices really seems like its almost under produced. Kinda hoping this is just the demo because if she's going for "big, clean sound", this isn't really it. Still love it, but just not what I expected. 

Her vocal delivery sounds very uv which is weird considering the production is very btd

the vocal delivery on uv was so sloppy if she pulls another mpg vocals .. honestly  :deadbanana:

i76mrxw.png 

BAR is reminding me a lot of pawn shop blues and some other Lizzy era songs.. anyone else?? Even towards the end with the overlapping voices really seems like its almost under produced. Kinda hoping this is just the demo because if she's going for "big, clean sound", this isn't really it. Still love it, but just not what I expected. 

what the fuck is that avatar

kill it with fire

Billboard chart info

Chart date issue date of March 11, 2017- first week on charts-

Hot 100 #44

Digital Song Sales #9

Born to Die album #110 in  its 264th week

Artist top 100 #40

Twitter tracks #2 (last week #3 as the Twitter chart is real time)

Rock streaming songs #3

Rock #2

Billboard's Canada Top 100- #48

and at #1-on the following Billboard Charts

#1- Rock Digital Songs

#1 Alternative Digital songs

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I still kind of hope it's a demo tbh... a little more production could make it a little more dreamy. 

Also I can't with people saying they don't like the lyrics. Yeah they're not her best, but I'm sure they'll make more sense with the rest of her album. I still don't know wtf "architecture" is supposed to represent but maybe I'm just dumb  :deadbanana: