Sign in to follow this  
baddisease

Is there anyone here who has been following Lana while she was performing as Lizzy?

Nope. She was literally indie and unknown back then. I remember before I became a Lana stan I saw the Born To Die video on MTV while I was in a rush. And I was getting entranced, but I was like "NO I don't have time to discover new music"!!! So I turned the tv off  and didn't truly discover Lana until a few months later when I was watching Marilyn Monore singing to JFK on YouTube and all the comments were like "LANA NATIONAL ANTHEM <3"

I was who the fvck is Lana Del Rey. Then I looked up the National Anthem video and my life completely changed  :holla:  

I know someone who discovered Lana in like 2010 with Kinda Outta Luck. They were really close and she got backstange at one of Lana's early shows in 2012

giphy.gif

Nope. I've liked her for a respectable and not obviously a complete lie amount of time- Pre TD when CG was catching on 

But I do know enough people in the sad suburban New York indie group scene to know that it is possible to like someone like Lana before they get big I guess. 

tZ7WN4B.gif

Once I tried to contact this person that was big fan of her as Lizzy and went to lots of her NYC shows. Lana knew them. i wanted to ask them some stuff about the Lizzy era, but they got annoyed and told me there was nothing to say. Lmao  :awkney:

She still Lizzy. joking.

I wish i was

Well personally I've known Lana since 2002 when I was 1 years old. I used to LOVE Axl Rose Husband!

srsly? Lana babysitting

Not quite sure what the term "following" means.

but yes.

Was quite aware of her prior to Born to Die many years earlier, at first, thanks to a friend of a friend and my business, and from living in and going to things in Brooklyn. (not going to get into specifics). (by the way 5 could be 6, exact date is impossible to remember).

and just a few years later (was that 8 or 9?) I heard  her performance of End of the World within days of it, same friend gave me a tape of it, knowing that I was always a Skeeter Davis fan (Skeeter was one of the most down to earth, and easy to talk to people in the world. 
A regular person who didn't do things "stars" did and did things her own way, had a somewhat tragic life too and died

of cancer way too soon, but was so courageous in her long battle). Dare I say Skeeter was a trailblazer herself.

(Skeeter is one of the few white female singers to ever have a Top 10 single on the R&B/Black charts (a chart Lana herself

has been on with her Prisoner duet.)

Would have attended some earlier Lizzy concerts if I hadn't taken ill and could not do so in many parts of 10-11.

(but then her music and inspiration and affirmative wellness since is part of the reason I am here better than ever today.)

But (as an analogy), then I was also quite aware and would have voted for Barack Obama in 2004 as I was a supporter of his from early 2003-on. (so that was a year 1/2  before he gave the keynote speech and 5 1/2 years prior to his running for President).

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp