Please be careful sharing Sparklejumpropequeen links, they can potentially have your full e-mail on them ×
Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Peg Entwistle climbed up a workman's ladder and jumped and there is a ladder in the background! I am actually so convinced this theory is true.

Although now I'm worried she will be criticised for romanticising death again

What's wrong with romanticizing death. I like it.

Peg Entwistle climbed up a workman's ladder and jumped and there is a ladder in the background! I am actually so convinced this theory is true.

Although now I'm worried she will be criticised for romanticising death again

The fact there's a ladder is irrelevant. That's just sticking to what's there.

That's what that person meant. They didn't say it was out on NZ iTunes now.

Not that I think there's any chance that it's going to happen because I can't see her doing a surprise release.

i know that they didn't mean that it's out now but LDR5 thought so. I think we're still talking about a pre order (including love) and not a surprise release though. 

i76mrxw.png 

idk lana released the full song of honeymoon on youtube like months before the full album was on itunes available for pre-order, & you couldn't even buy the track legally until the album came out.  So it's safe to say that we can't possibly or accurately predict much of anything.

She got so much criticism for it before, I don't want that to happen again. Everyone was saying how she's a bad influence, suicidal etc and I do think that gave her a bit of a bad reputation among the general public :(

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

interesting in the connections

Lust for Life is an Iggy Pop song and album

Iggy is a big part of the intersecting history of both Lou Reed and David Bowie (along with Klaus Nomi who is no longer with us, but never really left us( imagine Lana & Klaus)

Lana channeled David Bowie "Terence Loves You"

Lust for life was an award winning 1956 film by Vincent Minnelli (married to Judy Garland and father of Liza)

which was about Vincent Van Gogh and the movie was quite surreal (as was Van Gogh himself)

and if there is a Yoko Ono connection the whole Love-In Summer of Love comes into play that John and Yoko did.

2017 is the 50th anniversary of the Summer of Love....

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I really love the album name Lust For Life. Idk..it just seems overall more positive and it flows very well. I find myself personally starting to find a lust for life so I feel like I can really relate to the concept.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Do you guy's think Lust For Life means a desire for life, or someone that she'll lust after for life? 

I think it's about having a love for life, because at the end she talks about her music and fans and thats what she loves and then links it in with life. Sorry for the messy explanation I need sleep

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

I feel like it's highly plausible for a pre-order at midnight. The thing is, I feel like it would be a pre-order where all the tracks are listed as "track one","track two", etc, and we only have the names of the tracks we currently know, and we'll slowly get a full tracklist.

SizzlingThornyIndigobunting-size_restric

I think it's about having a love for life, because at the end she talks about her music and fans and thats what she loves and then links it in with life. Sorry for the messy explanation I need sleep

Yeah like a passionate love for life! She just already used up the words 'love' and 'desire' and passion for life would be a stupid title hahaha

then whats the deal

There's literally no deal??  People are hoping that we'll find out in 13hours when it's Friday in New Zealand.  If you don't believe me, iTunes doesn't restrict you, you can literally change your region to NZ and see that it aint there.

Even tho we find it comforting and fascinating (yeah sue me) the media hates it cause they don't like admitting depression mental illness and anxiety exists

Just like the ss video made people either love or hate her, media is famous for that kind of criticism