Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

at least wordy titles means shes not repeating one or two words throughout the choruses

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

... because 14 year olds like generic pop music they can shake their ass to & Lana wants to give the gays what they want with LFL :)

Summer Bummer cover looks like something Charlie XCX or Ariana Grande would do (I mean it's ok to be cheeky but it looks so unaesthetic she could have used an outtake from those magazine photoshoots done by professionals.. she looked so elegant in them Goddamit!)

stop being pretentious and entitled. You haven't even listened to the fucking song.

stop being pretentious and entitled. You haven't even listened to the fucking song.

But I've heard the snippet & I know where she's taking it. I'd rather have a more elegant song like 'Cherry' as the next single, probably not a collaboration that sounds nothing like Lana.

(Of course I want her to grow as an artist but in a more artistic & cinematic way, not pop stuff everyone's doing)

is there any chance that heroin is a cover of the velvet underground song?  :grinds:

probably not because...how would that even sound...but i would be so happy

IMO the chance of Heroin being a Velvet Underground cover is more likely than it being written by Lana.

Summer Bummer cover looks like something Charlie XCX or Ariana Grande would do (I mean it's ok to be cheeky but it looks so unaesthetic she could have used an outtake from those magazine photoshoots done by professionals.. she looked so elegant in them Goddamit!)

I agree that if you look up the word 'tacky' in a dictionary it has Charli's picture next to it (I used to love her a lot but she's gone so bad omg, Number 1 Angel was ok tho) but honestly y'all should have a little more faith in Lana...

I'm not coming directly at you but c'mon we've already been through these kind of title meltdowns before and she's mostly proved us wrong, I'm not denying that everyone has their own taste though. Some of you just seem like you're ready to lynch her for not delivering and already hating the album without hearing it first is kind of absurd if you ask me. Sure the long titles for example look kinda ugly etc but give the girl a chance lol and let them grow on you

The Summer Bummer cover is alright, sure the filter is like one of those basic VSCO ones and obviously not Neil's best work and the font is hideous (can't believe some of you wanted the album cover to have that trailer witch retro space theme) but it's still quite decent. And you can't really judge the song based on a MQ snippet...

Personally I'm excited to hear it and I'm looking forward to Wednesday (my time) :party:

But I've heard the snippet & I know where she's taking it. I'd rather have a more elegant song like 'Cherry' as the next single, probably not a collaboration that sounds nothing like Lana.

Okay, but why come for a whole genre of music (not even the right one lmao) and discredit it. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean other people don't like it, doesn't mean Lana doesn't like it, doesn't mean it's generic crap. Your opinion is not better than anybody else's. How about being excited that she's experimenting and trying new things? I'm so sick of this pretentious hipster attitude amongst Lana fans, I thought y'all left after Paradise.   :sideeye:

Now, I'm waiting for L4L pre-order and outtakes form L4L. I'd like to listen to previous version of L4L  :defeated:

Yeah, me too. I wanna see Lana hit those notes in the pre-chorus she asked Abel to do. There is a solo demo version & maybe one day we'll hear it.

Okay, but why come for a whole genre of music (not even the right one lmao) and discredit it. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean other people don't like it, doesn't mean Lana doesn't like it, doesn't mean it's generic crap. Your opinion is not better than anybody else's. How about being excited that she's experimenting and trying new things? I'm so sick of this pretentious hipster attitude amongst Lana fans, I thought y'all left after Paradise. :sideeye:

I never said I'm not excited for LFL. Stop assuming stuff, miss. I am excited for Cherry, Mustang & all those other unheard tracks & I do want her to develope. I just expressed my opinion that I don't like the song cover (there are so many better photoshoots of her) and I don't want Summer Bummer to be a single (because it isn't representative of her as an artist) when there are much better tracks on the album.

...and I did NOT try to press my opinions into other people's faces (the way you're doing right now). If I don't like it, then I don't like it. Will you harass me for that? Ok, go on.

Can someone explain to me what "Get Free" is about?

I hope not finding freedom in the happiness through drug usage :ohno:

Could be another title for her old song 'Children of the Bad Revolution'. I think she said once that she likes to re-work old song but I could be wrong

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Could be another title for her old song 'Children of the Bad Revolution'. I think she said once that she likes to re-work old song but I could be wrong

Let's be real even if she used it it would be just in a subtle way, like 1 line from the lyrics or the melody of the chorus. She never does more than that.

... because 14 year olds like generic pop music they can shake their ass to & Lana wants to give the gays what they want with LFL :)

I never said I'm not excited for LFL. Stop assuming stuff, miss. I am excited for Cherry, Mustang & all those other unheard tracks & I do want her to develope. I just expressed my opinion that I don't like the album cover (there are so many better photoshoots of her) and I don't want Summer Bummer to be a single (because it isn't representative of her as an artist) when there are much better tracks on the album.

...and I did NOT try to press my opinions into other people's faces (the way you're doing right now). If I don't like it, then I don't like it. Will you harass me for that?

200.gif

It's not about your opinion, it's about the way you expressed it. All I'm gonna say now.