Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

I basically consider each album to have been a concept album, theme wise,

Born to Die NYC is home and the sigh, realization and acceptance life is what it is (just playing video games, somewhat boring, is that all there is,)

Paradise    Road Trip, breaking away just Ride, just wanting to be free, life is good President Obama (who I always pictured "American to be   

about when she sings"

Ultraviolence California and achieving what she THOUGHT she wanted, and realizing she was now in a Hell  in the Land of Gods and Monsters

Honeymoon Inner fight between Elizabeth and Lana for control  (and once again- IMHO- there are NO boys in the album, it is all the battle

between Elizabeth and Lana (and Honeymoon is the single most underrated album of all time, and is IMHO going to be

as the years pass, a rock and roll cult classic

Lust for Life  - after the depths of hell and the inner-battle, what comes after personally victory is REBIRTH

"Take off your clothes" in a metaphysical sense, a new philosophy of life being worth living

juxtaposed at the exact same moment with the unleashing of an actual horrible world event "Trump" turning focus from oneselves

to the collective (Collective also being the music collective all along wanted, hence the featured artists/duets)

And the girl that was born to die, now has a lust for life (juxtaposed with the reality that a major battle is brewing politically and about life itself, and that one needs to open their eyes that were as Kubrick called it- eyes wide shut.

Hence my love for Coachella  in which in real time, one sees her eyes opening, and she is telling us the moment it came clear and

Some among other songs it reminds me of from the protest days in the 60s, is

"Last night I had the strangest dream"   and Marvin Gaye's What's going on  and the Temptations "Ball of confusion"

Trailblazer having shown us her journey in chapters from a younger self to her mature for her age 2017

All you need is LOVE. Love is all you need.   and after this is released, can't wait to see what is the next chapter.

Thanks rob

Honeymoon Inner fight between Elizabeth and Lana for control  (and once again- IMHO- there are NO boys in the album, it is all the battle

between Elizabeth and Lana (and Honeymoon is the single most underrated album of all time, and is IMHO going to be

as the years pass, a rock and roll cult classic

uhm im sorry what

having there be no boys on the album is def your opinion (even tho there several songs and themes..nvm) and ill roll with that

but what part of honeymoon is a rock and roll cult classic, and most underrated  of all time ? maybe out of lanas fans but i def dont think of all time, if u could explain or go further thatd help hella

also def don't sense any lizzy in HM but  :noparty:

also ur banner is rly smthn... nvm  :cuteface: 

Thanks rob

oh my goooddd im deceased

Stella posted on her story. Looks like they're at a rap show? Idk who it is

Kendrick Lamar's bday part at 1OAK :party:

Lol @ me thinking this album was gonna be acoustic Lizzy Grant space witch vibes and now it's turned into hip hop gangbang in space.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Lol @ me thinking this album was gonna be acoustic Lizzy Grant space witch vibes and now it's turned into hip hop gangbang in space.

Your description is on point

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

So, this?

giphy.gif

hip hop gangbang in space commenting on world's political issues and preaching about love & life

I'll bring my nerf gun AND a copy of the Constitution (intergalactic edition)

UV/Honeymoon

mess, she deleted 20 posts on her insta (including the 2 change snippets)

me when I sober up and come to my senses

you all are doing the most with yosemite we didnt even hear any part of it

The users of this forum should open a gym, where we do The Most, reach, jump (to conclusions)...

Didnt she say she hates deluxe albums thats why Honeymoon never got one?.....maybe there wont be a deluxe.

Yeah I've been saying the same for over a month now lol

RBFY is cute but literally sounds like music from a commercial :rip: not album worthy material at all

I'm sure there are outtakes that are 10x better

Not sure if my expectations are just overly high because of her past works but I don't want to think that she already peaked as a musician with UV/BTD :makeup:

Yeah, you're right that if she worked RBFY with the producers who did the rest of the songs on LFL (with the bass, drums & synthesizers all) it wouldn't really sound good since this album has a different sound & production.

BUT.. if she reworked it for a film or something with etheral instruments like piano & orchestra (like Bel Air or Young & Beautiful or smthing) it might look fine & fitting as a background music for a film scene! (do you remember the scene in Great Gatsby where Y&B starts playing & everything turns so dreamy?). Different kind of songs require a different kind of production.

Guys who is Nabil? I'm talking about the man Lana got a selfie with at her party. Cause he looks sexy as hell :flutter:

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

I'm worried TNC will be some cringe song about her being astonished she's able to sing with John Lennon's son. and from the lyrics we have so far, that's exactly what we're in for  :biblio:

I think she wrote it, and then thought of him and sent it to him, and then he changed some stuff, and sent it back, so I don't think it would be about that. I do think it's like a love duet though

I really wonder what else got deleted.

Immediately I noticed some of her live performances from people's cell phones like the video of Cherry from when she debuted it

Yeah I've been saying the same for over a month now lol

Okay, question. When did she say this because I remember her saying like "I don't really count deluxes as truly part of the album like the album ends with TOW" when UV was coming out in an interview but I don't remember her saying she hated deluxe editions, but I could have missed that interview or whatever

I think she'll have a deluxe edition this era, regardless of wether or not she hates them. She's clearly made lots of songs for this album and I think she wants to include as much as possible.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

i decided to check up on the ldr subreddit (ikik) and i saw several people STILL saying the coverart for Summer Bummer is fake bc Lana has yet to announce it, same with the tracklists... its like flat earthers, even when people pointed out:

-never before seen photo, matches side profile from Neil IG photo a while back

-uses a special font that afaik nobody else fucking has

- uses a new name for the song that even Shazam and Soundhound recognize and label

- Tracklist put out equal times on separate sites then taken down roughly same time

-Snippets are recognized and titled and match leaked Tracklist

how the fuck wouldn't somebody think its real, so many people say "desperate and sad stans" bitch ik people cant be this stupid right  :deadbanana:

Guys who is Nabil? I'm talking about the man Lana got a selfie with at her party. Cause he looks sexy as hell :flutter:

I'm not sure, but I think he co-directed the 'Freak' music video/ the original 'Ultraviolence' music video

I'm praying Summer Bummer is "sonically" familiar to Love and Lust For A Pop Hit That Never Came. If Summer Bummer sounds completely different this album really will be an incohesive mess   :awk: . 

dreaming away your life...