Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

they are not coming back. streaming is totally taking over, it has taken over sadly, ben and ed want us to believe that lana is still a streaming force with anything post btd which far from being true. but whatever.

I think they're definitely coming back, just definitely not like streaming. Any physical releases are definitely not comparable to Spotify/Soundcloud/YouTube.

I remember back in the old days when around 7-8 million YouTube views was a LOT for a music video! :toofunny: 

yeah I feel you, I just think all of them together (especially if you mix the acoustic instead of the studio one) is out of this world

the national anthem monologue is beautiful too. when she says "and i loved him i loved him i loved him i loved him", i just DIEEE :(

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I think they're definitely coming back, just definitely not like streaming. Any physical releases are definitely not comparable to Spotify/Soundcloud/YouTube.

I remember back in the old days when around 7-8 million YouTube views was a LOT for a music video! :toofunny:

it is a very niche market. really small. i can not even tell how profitable it is. 

The monologue instrumental literally gives me goosebumps.

I read that vinyl's are coming back? CD's are phasing out because of the digital age quite a bit and vinyl's are very "en vogue" right now. Not to mention things like Record Store Day cause huge hype for collectable releases.

It's true that vinyls have gotten more popular again recently, but they're still pretty much a niche product, even in comparison to CDs. But of course, the most important thing right now is streaming, and the only album that did really well on Spotify etc. is Born To Die.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

it is a very niche market. really small. i can not even tell how profitable it is. 

I studied a bit of this for my course but these 2 articles show it pretty well, streaming is rising: (+ vinyl is only 2%)

giphy.gif

so how do we all feel knowing we are on the cusp of lana releasing her best album to date and one of the greatest of all time?

Panicky as fuck. The Paradise Edition Trailer is asphyxiating to death

This album so far sounds a bit radio friendly and a bit like born to die and Lana did say she went back to the cinematic born to die sound so do u guys think this album will do better in streaming than honeymoon or ultraviolence?

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

This album so far sounds a bit radio friendly and a bit like born to die and Lana did say she went back to the cinematic born to die sound so do u guys think this album will do better in streaming than honeymoon or ultraviolence?

If the album really have the weeknd, for sure it will go better... But she need to promote or it gonna fall so hard in 2, 3 weeks 

:defeated:

We always hope, we never get what we want. Everybody knows how I feel about it. I think it would be refreshing if she showcased her new material and promoted it. Give it a shot, why not? She has nothing left to lose and she was giving another females like Lorde and Halsey waaaaay too much room in the past few years.

When Lana is on top, her copycats can not compete. She is way above them. It is just sad that she is not stepping out. I hope it changes with Lust For Life.

I will be so sad, if the album sounds so good and lana give up of it in few weeks after the release  :crazy:

She's not allowed to give this album up until the definitely happening European Tour.

She's not allowed to give this album up until the definitely happening European Tour.

Oh ye.. I really hope so... I want she goes to the radios of the cities that she gonna perform in festivals.. Would be great  :hooker: