Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Does anyone know if Lana has ever commented on her gay fans/gay people in general?

She tends to keep quite low regarding that kind of stuff. Even her opinions on the US election were only bits and pieces here and there. I'm pretty sure we only knew her thoughts on that when she blocked someone on Twitter who said she supported Trump (waaaaayyy back before the witch thing).

A couple years ago she was the top selling artist on vinyl of the year! And the year after I think she was in the top 3!

Probs because all her fans want to feel like they live in the 60's/70's haha. Not a bad thing though, iconic af.

is anyone else like obsessed with that intro at the beginning of ride? You know, the one where's she's like sorta groaning.

Whenever i feel really sad or depressed about something that's ALWAYS the first melody that pops into my head. Just sounds so dead and lifeless,

but beautiful

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Does anyone know if Lana has ever commented on her gay fans/gay people in general?

lana once said she loved johnny blue eyes because he's always unapologetically himself (he's flamboyantly gay) and her and chuck also have common friends who are gay

A couple years ago she was the top selling artist on vinyl of the year! And the year after I think she was in the top 3!

I also read somewhere that streams are like the major revenue for artists now - considering she does well in streaming her label should love her

giphy.gif

I also read somewhere that streams are like the major revenue for artists now - considering she does well in streaming her label should love her

Isn't BTD one of the most streamed female albums of all time on Spotify?

BTD did well on streaming, all that followed not so much, especially Floppymüün. UV did sorta okay, but still a disappointing after such a big debut that BTD was.

Vinyls are also not a big thing. Barely anybody buys them. I am sure there will be a casette chart section soon where Lana ranks at No.10 and somebody will think it is highly profitable :rip:

BTD did well on streaming, all that followed not so much, especially Floppymüün. UV did sorta okay, but still a disappointing after such a big debut that BTD was.

Vinyls are also not a big thing. Barely anybody buys them. I am sure there will be a casette chart section soon where Lana ranks at No.10 and somebody will think it is highly profitable :rip:

Loool imagine

giphy.gif

is anyone else like obsessed with that intro at the beginning of ride? You know, the one where's she's like sorta groaning.

Whenever i feel really sad or depressed about something that's ALWAYS the first melody that pops into my head. Just sounds so dead and lifeless,

but beautiful

The monologue instrumental literally gives me goosebumps.

I read that vinyl's are coming back? CD's are phasing out because of the digital age quite a bit and vinyl's are very "en vogue" right now. Not to mention things like Record Store Day cause huge hype for collectable releases.

I read that vinyl's are coming back? CD's are phasing out because of the digital age quite a bit and vinyl's are very "en vogue" right now. Not to mention things like Record Store Day cause huge hype for collectable releases.

i listen to that monlogue everyday honestly i couldn't relate to it more :icant:

but beautiful

the ride monologue + song + video is my favourite thing she has ever made

giphy.gif

the ride monologue + song + video is my favourite thing she has ever made

the ride monlogue is gorgeous. I love the song too but honestly i find the verses so much better than the chorus. The chorus is good but i feel like it could've been better idk why or how but

they are not coming back. streaming is totally taking over, it has taken over sadly, ben and ed want us to believe that lana is still a streaming force with anything post btd which far from being true. but whatever.

the ride monlogue is gorgeous. I love the song too but honestly i find the verses so much better than the chorus. The chorus is good but i feel like it could've been better idk why or how but

yeah I feel you, I just think all of them together (especially if you mix the acoustic instead of the studio one) is out of this world

giphy.gif