Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

TBH I love strawberry fields forever but if she did a beatles song I would hope she would choose a different one-- like a day in the life or something, that isn't even one of their best. The only reason I could see her picking it is because it's pretty short

i wonder if the tuesday thing was hinting at a release day or just her sort of poking fun at the fact that she really doesn't do anything too wild anymore.. especially on tuesdays bc occasionally on some random run of the mill tuesday she goes to the coffee shop or store and then goes back home lol like her dipping her toe into the muck and mire is literally going to the beach at 4pm on a tuesday.

tumblr_mxk6xrLiob1r4y0tco1_500.gif Instagram: pxpi_gringo

i wonder if the tuesday thing was hinting at a release day or just her sort of poking fun at the fact that she really doesn't do anything too wild anymore.. especially on tuesdays bc occasionally on some random run of the mill tuesday she goes to the coffee shop or store and then goes back home lol like her dipping her toe into the muck and mire is literally going to the beach at 4pm on a tuesday.

I'm in my room it's a typical Tuesday night

I'm listening to the kind of music she doesn't like

TBH I love strawberry fields forever but if she did a beatles song I would hope she would choose a different one-- like a day in the life or something, that isn't even one of their best. The only reason I could see her picking it is because it's pretty short

Something would be great, as for A Day In The Life i prefer Jeff Beck's guitar version (it's really amazing).

Would be nice to hear a cover of I Want To Hold Your Hand (I just love T.V. Carpio's version of it on Across The Universe), also I would love a cover of Janis Joplin's Little Girl Blue

original.gif

i know most of u would hate this but  :crossed:  i would love if she covered nina's feeling good (or for that matter i put a spell on you, i know its been mentioned before and i REALLY want it to happen lol - esp in her deep paradise era sound, it'd be Heavenly  :crying5:  ). i love lana's covers i don't understand why they bother everyone else so much

UbsOye5.png

OMG GAYS ! so i was doing a lil sleuthing.. this whole time I've been wondering what the moon icon in the "ingredients" could be from the teaser video.. so i looked into it.. mind you, i just finished astronomy class like last week! i realized.. that moon had a lot of craters for the moon... so i thought , hmm maybe its the back side of the moon.. aka "the dark side of the moon" .. but upon further inspection i realized , its not even the moon! its actually mercury! 

considering that XO, Chimera, (the other two collabs) are record labels, i thought.. maybe this is another label! well i googled mercury record label and found this! (don't mind me copying and pasting from wikipedia) 

"Mercury Records is an American-based record label owned by Universal Music Group. In the United States, it operates through Island Records; in the UK, it is distributed by Virgin EMI Records.

Since the separation of Island RecordsMotown, Mercury Records, and Def Jam Recordings combining the Island Def Jam Music Group, Mercury Records has been placed under Island Records, although its back catalogue is still owned by The Island Def Jam Music Group." 

"Major Mercury Records labels and operations worldwide[edit] Current[edit]

Mercury Records was relaunched in 2007 as a label under The Island Def Jam Music Group, appointing record executive David Massey as the President and CEO of the new venture.

This division of Mercury handles US distribution of most pre-1998 Polydor Records pop/rock releases currently under UMG control. There are some exceptions, however. Some artists based outside the US did not have their releases on Polydor in North America, signing to various other labels instead. Some of these bands, such as The Who, did sign to a label that also is now part of the UMG family (or later absorbed by such a label), hence those labels control US rights to these works (in the case of the Who, they had been on US Decca Records and MCA Records in the past, their pre-breakup catalogue is now on Geffen Records in North America)." 

ALSO here is a list of artists were/are signed to mercury! including paul mcartney, ringo star, the who, hole(courtney loves old band), Van Morrison, Lionel Richie, and many more notable artist!! here is a link to a full list https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mercury_Records_artists

Im not convinced that the object is mercury, it's got too much cratering to be mercury I think

mercury.jpg

this is the object in the vid.. tumblr_ontfnduCy01twrqvqo1_500.png

yes its more edited and cratered ... but its p clearly mercury its got some of the exact same craters