Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

it would be Famous 2.0 so Lana can cover her fave - nina simone for the 3rd time  :creep:

That would be kinda cool if you asked me :awkney:

Wondering if Strawberry Fields Forever is there and if so - if there still is a traditional Nina cover on the album or is it the only cover or

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Just saying but the whisk has to mean something and isn't in the trailer just for mixing the ingredients. Lana wouldn't have posted this otherwise: https://instagram.com/p/BSRg39GgVg3/

I wonder if it's related to the club 'Whisky A Go Go". They had a real thrive in the 60s and 70s...some of the best musicians played there. Maybe Lana could be performing there? Maybe it could have something to do with Go Go Dancers (not sure if there are still go go dancers there today..)

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I wanna see Lana wearing white go go boots and dancing in a cage in her next video. Go Go Dancer 2.0, I will be complete. I will be shooketh. :dance:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I can't wait for the future number 1 hit single number 2 (Lust for Life feat. the Weeknd) to finally put the final nail in halsey's coffin and cement Lana's status as the only relevant musician to debut this decade

tumblr_mk8u7k63Ik1rtjjupo4_250.gif

giphy.gif

Collabing with the Weeknd puts her on the same level as Halsey though. He's just another pretentious "alternative" pop artist

He has never pretended to be alternative. He refers to his music as pop and has never tried to be particularly likeable. The quirkiness and the overly pushed relatable personality of Halsey is what makes her annoying

giphy.gif

W

OMG GAYS ! so i was doing a lil sleuthing.. this whole time I've been wondering what the moon icon in the "ingredients" could be from the teaser video.. so i looked into it.. mind you, i just finished astronomy class like last week! i realized.. that moon had a lot of craters for the moon... so i thought , hmm maybe its the back side of the moon.. aka "the dark side of the moon" .. but upon further inspection i realized , its not even the moon! its actually mercury! 

considering that XO, Chimera, (the other two collabs) are record labels, i thought.. maybe this is another label! well i googled mercury record label and found this! (don't mind me copying and pasting from wikipedia) 

"Mercury Records is an American-based record label owned by Universal Music Group. In the United States, it operates through Island Records; in the UK, it is distributed by Virgin EMI Records.

Since the separation of Island RecordsMotown, Mercury Records, and Def Jam Recordings combining the Island Def Jam Music Group, Mercury Records has been placed under Island Records, although its back catalogue is still owned by The Island Def Jam Music Group." 

"Major Mercury Records labels and operations worldwide[edit] Current[edit]

Mercury Records was relaunched in 2007 as a label under The Island Def Jam Music Group, appointing record executive David Massey as the President and CEO of the new venture.

This division of Mercury handles US distribution of most pre-1998 Polydor Records pop/rock releases currently under UMG control. There are some exceptions, however. Some artists based outside the US did not have their releases on Polydor in North America, signing to various other labels instead. Some of these bands, such as The Who, did sign to a label that also is now part of the UMG family (or later absorbed by such a label), hence those labels control US rights to these works (in the case of the Who, they had been on US Decca Records and MCA Records in the past, their pre-breakup catalogue is now on Geffen Records in North America)." 

ALSO here is a list of artists were/are signed to mercury! including paul mcartney, ringo star, the who, hole(courtney loves old band), Van Morrison, Lionel Richie, and many more notable artist!! here is a link to a full list https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mercury_Records_artists

Well this was exciting to see. I don't mean to really be stretching here (actually I do) It was brought to our attention numerous times that there are going to be very exciting collabs on this record. Now that you bring this up I see Ariana Grande and Rihanna are both signed to that record company. That being said (At this point) I think a collab with one of those two artists is 50 50 at this point (being that collabs on Lana's albums is a new thing and she provided the logo for two other labels in her 'ingredients') 
She also followed both of them on twitter which definitely has a some type of significance. Especially for Lana. Hmm.. :flutter:

He had a part in producing the Love video too. Also Vevo says Benny Blanco, Emile Haynie and Rick Nowles produced the audio in the trailer 

DAN HEATH NEEDS TO COME THROUGH AND THAT IS IT WE ARE GETTING BORN TO DIE PART 2 :hdu:  :hdu:  :hdu:  :hdu:  :hdu:  :hdu:  :deadbanana:

i will love you until the end of time.

I think we are all missing the best part of any pre-release era......THE SNIPPETS :defeated: Obviously they typically come after a tracklist is unveiled but GOD that's my favorite time of any era. I remember hearing the Florida Kilos snippet for the first time and just tearing up  :icant: