Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

my life is so dull i literally come on this thread to find entertainment and talk about the era but right now it's so dead and nothing is happening and i wanna cry lana PLS give us something to talk about cus im sooo bored bye

I just don't get why she's actually doing nothing

can't wait for lust for life to leak (since she is giving us nothing)

Like, why do y'all expect shit every day? Once LfL is released, y'all will be so upset that LDR6 is taking too long. I can't.

I honestely think LFL will sound more upbeat than Honeymoon. Hasn't she mentioned this in one of her interviews too? I could be mistaken.

Also,I'm still wondering what kind of sound it will have. I wanna see how that "retro sensibility with a futuristic style" will turn out. Love was amazing,but it'll be good for her if she goes out of her boundaries and tries some more upbeat songs. I'm anticipating good things from this album.

For me it's Ultraviolence >> Born To Die >> Paradise >>>> Honeymoon. Don't get me wrong,I love every album of hers but Honeymoon sounded a bit...weak? I love HBTB,MTWBT,24,Salvatore,Swan Song,DLMBM,Freak and even Religion. But I couldn't really stand Terrence and TBD. Honeymoon (the song) was so-so for me.

I know many of you may tell me 'but you love Ultraviolence',yes I love Ultraviolence because it has many different styles of songs,and it's full of amazing,beautifully and interestingly composed songs. I mean you can't compare Ultraviolence to Brooklyn Baby or Sad Girl to Florida Kilos. 

I can't get into PWYC or BB for a reason but I still think that it's her best work up to day. Yes BTD era was iconic but I think UV was the era where Lana found her real style and was more comfortable. At least,in my opinion.

k0AnwZF.gif

If the whole album sounds similar to Love, then I might not buy it. The lyrics were weak, the music sounded recycled...but I trust Lana is probably going to be quite experimental with LFL so we might get a different sound for each song.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

i cried when i heard high by the beach i was prettysure that song will end her but oh well it did not

Interesting! I fell in love with it immediately. It's classic Lana, and by far her best music video.

Y'all make a big deal out of nothing. Who cares what she wears when she goes out to grab a starbucks

EXACTLY. If she wanted to know what we want her to dress, she would've asked us.

i cried when i heard high by the beach i was prettysure that song will end her but oh well it did not

The extraordinary thing about HBTB is that it followed the HM song and everybody got a kind of aesthetic whiplash from that. Maybe it was the record execs getting upset about HM's (weird) dynamics (aka not being a pop song at all), and LDR pulling a fast one to both appease and rebel against them, idk. I eventually found HBTB to have decent parts (at least more parts than people give it credit for) and to be a memorable and coherent contribution to the album (the video too). Anyway, I like artists with large contrasts and unpredictability.

i wonder how many times we will have endure sandals this era?

So long as they are referred to as gladiator-style sandals  (as one pub did once), I have no problems with them. Sandals are a feminist symbol, imo. 

Y'all make a big deal out of nothing. Who cares what she wears when she goes out to grab a starbucks

she's a celebrity. if she didn't want to be judged on her style choice then she should've remained a nobody. she's not the only celebrity who gets criticized, get over it

she's a celebrity. if she didn't want to be judged on her style choice then she should've remained a nobody. she's not the only celebrity who gets criticized, get over it

Lol. "It's the status quo so it's acceptable" morality by majority huh

tumblr_oz83mp1hxO1wc2gv3o1_500.png

well, when I do not like someone's style/clothing choice, I just don't wear the same clothes that they're using and move on w/ my life. You guys should try it

i mean whatre y'all gonna do about her getting judged for her clothing? theres nothing you can do about it. magazines, fans, and the gp will continue to criticize no matter what. you cant do anything about it, just get over it. there are people who get payed to criticize celebrities. they're not gonna give up their jobs for a couple of fans who are ok with lana looking a mess

its part of being a celebrity

i mean whatre y'all gonna do about her getting judged for her clothing? theres nothing you can do about it. magazines, fans, and the gp will continue to criticize no matter what. you cant do anything about it, just get over it. there are people who get payed to criticize celebrities. they're not gonna give up their jobs for a couple of fans who are ok with lana looking a mess

yeah okay that's cool and all that that's how the world works and whatever but that doesn't mean as an individual you should stand for it or participate in it.

tumblr_oz83mp1hxO1wc2gv3o1_500.png

that's true but it doesn't make it any less dumb.

and tbh the people paid to criticize celebrities would probably be homeless and starve if they couldn't do that anymore, since they lack any meaningful talent imo.

giphy.gif

now are y'all hating on Lana's everyday fashion?  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

what is next? the way she sips her coffee isn't perfect?  :crossed:

Lana SAVE US we're going crazy.

???, ?????????

celebrities are seen as fashion icons

lana cant go from this

ldelrey_gl_13apr12_wen_b.jpg

to this

article-2554091-1B462C4200000578-631_634

and not get criticized.

she's gonna get criticized whether you look at it from a macro or microlevel.