Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Face it, LDR is not a cover queen. Paradise is sultry and may be her best looking one to date, but it's still simple.

This is what we know about Lana when it comes to album covers...

• She doesn't do gimmicks (we will never see her body contorted into a motorcycle or see her with black wires wrapped around her head)
  • She doesn't like over processed graphic design.
  • She likes things simple. Simple photo with simple font.
The End.
?

Tropico was a huge gimmick. Lana as Eve....

Oh you said album covers. Well I guess you're 100% true there sadly.

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

joelreis1291, on 12 Apr 2017 - 01:27 AM, said:snapback.png

And she plays shows at Poland, France, Norway, Finland and Sweden. Justice for Spain, Denmark, Estonia, Romania, Latvia, Malta and many other countries where she's still charting and she hasn't visited since 2012, 2013 or 2014!!

I think it's very pretty and beautiful. Yes,I was expecting something else according to the trailer,maybe something more mysterious or black&white-thingy,but this cover looks great too.I don't find her smile staged,I find it very cute. Idk about the border but nvm tbh. I think she clearly took another direction for this album. The title of the album is Lust for Life,and I've seen her smiling in her recent vids (Love MV + LFL trailer),more than I've seen her smiling in her previous MVs combined. Also,I think it's pretty clear with all the clues we have that this album will have a more optimistic and positive side of her. Already in the Love release,everything (at least to me),was having an optimistic side. From the MV,to the beat,to her singing tone,to her facial expressions,everything. Love gave me a sense of hope and positivity.

Counting this with the fact that she said that this album contains a more political/social awakening message + the album was made for us,the kids,the fans and not for her,I can clearly understand why she chose that album cover. And it's simple,and it's amazing. 

Idk if it's only me but it looks very same but also very different to BTD era,even the car is the same. It's like she wants us to compare this era with the BTD era. It's like she wants us to give a message of hope. That there are always happening bad things in life but you must not give up. 

I really appreciate her work for us and how much she loves us.Look how she chose to spread positivity through this album which is made for us. Look how much she cares about our (mental) health. I find it truly inspiring.

We all fell in love with the melancholic Lana but isn't it time to try something different if she wants to/feels like it's time to? 

I could also see that "retro sensibility with a futuristic style" a bit,am I the only one?

I'm anticipating the album now more than before

e9BCYIP.gif

k0AnwZF.gif

Love is a great song, not amazing. 

Title is really nice, not amazing.

Cover is nice, not amazing.

BAR is nice, not amazing.

So far I only love the album trailer and the Love MV.

Need something to make me shook Lana. 

Leave then

But why is BTD rising on the charts????....

I think it's discounted, not sure tho. It could just be the hype for Lust For Life, when a new album is coming the previous ones tend to rise again

giphy.gif

I love the cover but, to me, it would've been perfect if the title would've been in the same old LDR font and the picture didn't have that strange frame around it

giphy.gif

But why is BTD rising on the charts????....

Tropico wasn't an album cover.

yes i know. i edited it after i realized i didnt read that part properly. 

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.