Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Girl where, we know she doesn't do alternative music but she's still not considered pop. Just as Lorde is doing dance music yet she's still an alternative act

Lorde is pop. Lana is pop. Don't complicate things. These girls make pop music, basically

Since this one is for 'the fans' I'm honestly thinking it'll be her most pop record to date, plus the fact she is doing collabs makes me think she's moreso just doing what the label wants this time around (in her own way of course)

VyIsfwC.jpg

I know Lana wouldn't do as well with a surprise release and stuff and I doubt it'd happen but I really don't know why she'd put promo up as permanent as billboards without a release date if it wasn't a surprise? It honestly makes no sense

honeymoon's billboard was updated with the release date a few days after it went up, but at the same time this one is in the middle of nowhere on a high way lol

I know Lana wouldn't do as well with a surprise release and stuff and I doubt it'd happen but I really don't know why she'd put promo up as permanent as billboards without a release date if it wasn't a surprise? It honestly makes no sense

thats why i think it would be a surprise release 

:smile3:

Lorde is pop. Lana is pop. Don't complicate things. These girls make pop music, basically

Since this one is for 'the fans' I'm honestly thinking it'll be her most popular record to date, plus the fact she is doing collabs makes me think she's moreso just doing what the label wants this time around

What, exactly, about Lana's music sounds pop?

giphy.gif

What, exactly, about Lana's music sounds pop?

Indie... Dream or baroque to be exact

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

honeymoon's billboard was updated with the release date a few days after it went up, but at the same time this one is in the middle of nowhere on a high way lol

This is a good point!! Lana announced the release date and when the preorder/tracklist was coming straight after the Honeymoon billboard went up

Since this one is for 'the fans' I'm honestly thinking it'll be her most popular record to date, plus the fact she is doing collabs makes me think she's moreso just doing what the label wants this time around (in her own way of course)

Lana ain't pop lorde has pop songs and indie electronica songs but if you feel this way compare a one direction,Britney spears,kesha,nicki or any other pop artist to Lana there ain't no comparison

im scared this might be her last album :crai:

We go through this song and dance every time she releases an album. It's clearly not. She claims she's found her lust for life...if anything, that says she's more excited to make new music than ever before.

Allegedly the billboard is on the main highway you take to Coachella? Pretty sweet tactic if true.

That would be actually pretty huge promo if she puts it up for preorder tommorrow as well

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

Couldn't think of any good pop stars to me off the top of my head so these will have to do I mean the Beatles have some good poppier songs and I have a weird soft spot for Hilary duffs early albums lol

I mean obviously I'm a fan of avril and she is a mix between pop,punk and rock as well so there's that

We go through this song and dance every time she releases an album. It's clearly not. She claims she's found her lust for life...if anything, that says she's more excited to make new music than ever before.

we have also got her side project with miles Nancy and Lee vibes

i have a feeling it's a surprise release i remmber when she said mayeb it's a part of a big plan 

That sounds possible, it would explain why we have a trailer and a cover announcement and a billboard all without a single hint at a release date

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

This genre argument is boring. I'd say Lana is a more alternative/indie artist at heart but she's also marketed as a pop artist because it's a wider audience and because she does have some pop songs, and a lot of her songs are on the border of stuff that could get radio play. She's not completely one way, she's not nor a pop artist because a lot of her songs are, but she's not completely pop because not all of her songs are. Besides, who cares anyway? Whatever genre she is to you doesn't change anything xx

giphy.gif

Pop doesn't have to be Top 40 :facepalm: It is a genre after all. 

People always argue what genre she is, but she can't be indie since she isn't an independent artist. At best she can be alternative (Ultraviolence) but the majority of her work is pop. Don't tell me Born To Die isn't a pop record. And that Honeymoon doesn't follow pop formulas.

Indie/alternative acts aren't signed to Interscope.

VyIsfwC.jpg

Pop doesn't have to be Top 40 :facepalm: It is a genre after all. 

People always argue what genre she is, but she can't be indie since she isn't an independent artist. At best she can be alternative (Ultraviolence) but the majority of her work is pop. Don't tell me Born To Die isn't a pop record. And that Honeymoon doesn't follow pop formulas.

a lot of her work has a trip hop formula you cannot deny that lol

Born to die and honeymoon especially

Side note: I'd love Lana to tease 'Lust For Life' on a certain date and make us assume it's the title track but then just drop the whole album on us, how cool would that be? So she'd still technically get buzz and promo but we'd also get a surprise.. a girl can dream

giphy.gif

Pop doesn't have to be Top 40 :facepalm: It is a genre after all.

People always argue what genre she is, but she can't be indie since she isn't an independent artist. At best she can be alternative (Ultraviolence) but the majority of her work is pop. Don't tell me Born To Die isn't a pop record. And that Honeymoon doesn't follow pop formulas.

Lana Del Rey is an alternative artist. Some songs might be rock or pop, but over all that's her genre. Even says it on iTunes. End of discussion.