Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

While I agree with this, I also agree that it's unsustainable. I don't think Interscope would continue to bankroll albums that underperform solely because the artist just does not want to do work. I also don't think Lana can continue propelling herself forward off the strength of Born To Die (especially when Ultraviolence is a classic in its own right and Honeymoon is a decent effort). And I don't think even hardcore Lana stans would continue to pay to see her perform songs from an album that's half a decade old while she completely ignores her more recent work except for maybe a song or two (myself included).

I don't think Lana can continue the way she's going, simply put, even if she does well for herself without promo for now.

Yup agree hasn't changed her set for a while all she did was throw in some dancers and play

To be honest, there is no excuse for her managers to ignore/slack with her, no matter how great dua is (btw I've never heard anything about her outside this forum). They get paid to help Lana's career and honestly they aren't doing her any favors. Moreover, Lana is bigger than her and a little promotion goes a much longer way with Lana, and is worth the investment

There are two of them. They should be able to focus on more than one person.

it's not that THEY don't want to focus on her. SHE doesn't want them to focus on HER ! Can you understand she does not want to promo ? Go to a new city every 2 days, do countless interviews, hundreds of live shows ? She already did that with BTD and understood that it's just not her thing. Get. Over. It.

On the other hand they're more than happy to help Dua who is an unpcoming and energetic artist completely different from Lana. That doesn't mean they hate her or don't want her to do good

giphy.gif

it's not that THEY don't want to focus on her. SHE doesn't want them to focus on HER ! Can you understand she does not want to promo ? Go to a new city every 2 days, do countless interviews, hundreds of live shows ? She already did that with BTD and understood that it's just not her thing. Get. Over. It.

On the other hand they're more than happy to help Dua who is an unpcoming and energetic artist completely different from Lana. That doesn't mean they hate her or don't want her to do good

She could just quit music if that's how she feels. There's no point in wasting her fans' money, time, and good will.

And there's more to promo than touring and interviews. Like, even doing something to make sure people know your lead fucking single even exists.

giphy.gif

I've already made peace there will be no release on the 26th. Cause she said she wanted to release more songs before the release didn't she? There's hardly any time for that at this point :/

Excuse me but didn't you see their reaction when Love leaked? Like, Lana was kinda okay with it but they didn't do shit. They just "contacted" some people and that was it. What did they do to possible leakers? Followed them. And that was it. Sure, Lana doesn't want to do countless interviews and live shows, but she kind of promoted 'Love', even if it was just on her Instagram. 

And we're getting like 3 magazines and we had 2 singles already. What I just don't understand is this silence if the album is really due to May 26th.

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

Excuse me but didn't you see their reaction when Love leaked? Like, Lana was kinda okay with it but they didn't do shit. They just "contacted" some people and that was it. What did they do to possible leakers? Followed them. And that was it. Sure, Lana doesn't want to do countless interviews and live shows, but she kind of promoted 'Love', even if it was just on her Instagram. 

And we're getting like 3 magazines and we had 2 singles already. What I just don't understand is this silence if the album is really due to May 26th.

This. Like...fine, Lana doesn't want to do promo, whatever.

But there's plenty of work that still falls into their purview that they failed to do.

See: Keeping songs out of the hands of leakers. Apparently, Lana's team is so incompetent that Love, Architecture, and another song from the Lust For Life era ended up in the hands of traders. Rather than, say, do their jobs and secure her music...what did they do? They came to Lanaboards. They "contacted" people. The most basic thing that isn't even up to the artist themselves, they couldn't do.

There's also that promo doesn't HAVE to be done by the artist themselves personally. So Lust for Life could have been pushed harder even without Lana's input. So there's that.

Edit: Hell, the fact that a stan/trader (Eclipse) was able to get access to Lana because he had access to her music is an example of them not doing their jobs.

giphy.gif

yes and no.

first of all, her team needs to do the job. there are more ways to place a product than just the artist doing 100 interviews, several tv shows etc. artists who are having their 4th or 5th era do not this anymore. or at least, most of them don't since the market is more focusing on airplay and streaming services.

when they are unable to put her on as many playlists like lorde with the same audience, they have failed.

when her team fails to place her FOR YEARS on the radio for no apparent reason, they have failed. it is a joke that lorde is having huge exposure on alternative radio and lana has none. 

it is a joke that love was not send out to pop or hac, while halsey is currently top20 on pop with now or never, which is not even that radio friendly (not with that voice).

when a song is doing good on all metrics, artists are also motivated to promote in person, for instance doing a live performance.

i am just stunned that lana stans have never actually confronted her with her lack of interest in giving us live performances so that we as a fandom have more quality live material than the one we have since like 2012?

or why her live shows at festivals are not streamed? is she too greedy or what is her issue?

i simply do not believe this anxiety thing anymore since she is constantly releasing. somebody who is anxious simply panics by the thought of being judged and every time you release, you will be judged. by critics and consumers. so this whole anxiety thing is simply starting to get on very thin ice.

Remember way back in the original pre pre release that started in what like November? When people were like omg if she makes us wait til Jan I'll die. And here we are in May with no end in sight

The delay was real

if the album has been pushed back, which is a strong possibility now, then it's a label decision and she can not do anything about it now.

however, however, however, if the label decides to do such a thing, it indicates that they are not very hopeful when it comes to this project, so a) the material is not strong enough and b) her team has failed to place her music in a way that it reaches an audience that is buying and streaming her shit.

simple as that. if it is pushed back, she has no other choice than sit this out.

if the album has been pushed back, which is a strong possibility now, then it's a label decision and she can not do anything about it now.

however, however, however, if the label decides to do such a thing, it indicates that they are not very hopeful when it comes to this project, so a) the material is not strong enough and b) her team has failed to place her music in a way that it reaches an audience that is buying and streaming her shit.

simple as that. if it is pushed back, she has no other choice than sit this out.

If they lost hope in it what's the point of them holding it back wouldn't they release it and get it over with?

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

yes and no.

first of all, her team needs to do the job. there are more ways to place a product than just the artist doing 100 interviews, several tv shows etc. artists who are having their 4th or 5th era do not this anymore. or at least, most of them don't since the market is more focusing on airplay and streaming services.

when they are unable to put her on as many playlists like lorde with the same audience, they have failed.

when her team fails to place her FOR YEARS on the radio for no apparent reason, they have failed. it is a joke that lorde is having huge exposure on alternative radio and lana has none. 

it is a joke that love was not send out to pop or hac, while halsey is currently top20 on pop with now or never, which is not even that radio friendly (not with that voice).

when a song is doing good on all metrics, artists are also motivated to promote in person, for instance doing a live performance.

i am just stunned that lana stans have never actually confronted her with her lack of interest in giving us live performances so that we as a fandom have more quality live material than the one we have since like 2012?

or why her live shows at festivals are not streamed? is she too greedy or what is her issue?

i simply do not believe this anxiety thing anymore since she is constantly releasing. somebody who is anxious simply panics by the thought of being judged and every time you release, you will be judged. by critics and consumers. so this whole anxiety thing is simply starting to get on very thin ice.

I agree with all of this, except that Lana has had really good performances in 2014 and 2015. They're just extremely limited because Lana has decided not to perform more than 4 songs from Ultraviolence and Honeymoon combined.

The only reason I don't believe the album has been pushed back is because that means Interscope wasted money for no reason. I can't imagine that they'd do that.

It's not cheap to get billboards, and getting billboards for an album months and months ahead of time when it's not been completed to a degree that is satisfactory for the label seems like something a label would say no to.

giphy.gif

You all love to blame Dua for everything, soon someone's gonna say that lana moved to la and never leaves her house because of her. 

Some Dua singles leaked before their release and we had album tracks (which one got scrapped) from her and ben and ed have done nothing about it too (@that love thing). 

Lana is just lazy there is no good explanation on why she can't handle to do anything at this point. She doesn't like live performances where the audiences isn't there for her? then why does she perform at festivals only (and at all since not everyone is there for her)? she doesn't like attention and only cares about her music? then why premier songs on radio and releasing a single with one of the biggest pop stars rn that was clearly intended to do well? 

lana fans need to admit that the route she's taking will result in her being a non factor in the music industry.

some of you defend lana just for the sake of defending lana.

i76mrxw.png