Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

I feel like this goes without saying, but yeah please don't email Lana's team asking to speed up the album release, and especially don't bring the site into it. (if any forum member should be emailing anyone, it should be Invision Power asking them to solve my License Key problem because they've been "forwarding" my emails around their office for over a week now without any solution and I just want to give you guys the new theme but can't until this problem is fixed)

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I feel like this goes without saying, but yeah please don't email Lana's team asking to speed up the album release, and especially don't bring the site into it. (if any forum member should be emailing anyone, it should be Invision Power asking them to solve my License Key problem because they've been "forwarding" my emails around their office for over a week now without any solution and I just want to give you guys the new theme but can't until this problem is fixed)

:oprah:  :oprah:  :oprah:

i will love you until the end of time.

I would be so here for a Lana president. She would be the most mysterious and cryptic president. Her entire campaign would just be posters she made on Paint and printed out from her computer and put out around her neighborhood, her goals would be direct ("Sonically, I'd really like to hear more love in the world and, visually, I'd like the country to return to that sort of grainy 60's aesthetic"), The Weeknd would be First Man (unless she does away with traditional roles and has Chuck as First Lady), all of her press conferences would be filmed by Chuck on VHS in Lana's closet at 2 in the morning (and wouldn't be broadcast until like 3 months later), Lana would answer every question regarding new deals and such with "it's coming soon, guys, you're gonna love it", every person in the white house and on her team would be picked based on how much of a spiritual connection she intuitively felt with them, the country would be left in the dark for months about current matters only to get a breaking news announcement at 1 AM about a new cloning theory or a promotion for an upcoming Fleur show, her tweets would be either very vague ("LOVE") "(PEACE") or irrelevant in regards to the country ("my boyfriend's def cooler than me today") ("Paul still has no hair"), her interviews (all in print) would be wonderfully controversial ("I've been sleeping with so many foreign leaders, but none of them have offered new deals, which is annoying") ("I think a lot about how Kennedy went down. Some days I wish somebody would shoot me already"). At some point, Lana would probably sleep in and miss an important meeting that would end up somehow with us all getting blown up, but right before then she would send one final live stream calmly doing her make-up like "hey guys, i'm so sorry this didn't work out, but I'm sending you all my love." *blows kiss and sweetly giggles*. "Also, my new album Lust for Life is going on pre-order as soon as I finalize the track list. Okay, lots of love, bye bye."

And then, in the final 30 seconds, she would send out a pre-order for Lust For Life--without the complete tracklist.

Lana for president 2020.

Why is this the best thing I've ever read

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

How exciting! I hope they fix this issue for you soon!

No Paris Match this week probably due to Presidential stuff. It must have got pushed to another date.

So the Paris Match issue coming out on the 11th isn't Lana's? I thought it was! I was really excited :(

So the Paris Match issue coming out on the 11th isn't Lana's? I thought it was! I was really excited :(

They've posted about this week's issue on their Instagram, and she's not in it.

They've posted about this week's issue on their Instagram, and she's not in it.

Oh god i need to get more with it hahah(I'll follow their insta) If it wasn't for this site I would literally know nothing!

Can I jump on this train too, I like drama @pinupgirl

It's nothing major. I just think people should be respectful with people that Lana has worked with. I understand that people can have personal opinions, but It's another thing to go on their page and speak down towards them. It's all good now. 

The thing to do is to leave Lana, her management, and anyone that she might be working with alone. There is no reason to hassle anyone. That won't speed anything up.

Don't harass photographers either. I don't want to witness that again after a little episode that happened this week.

What happened?

giphy.gif

I really hope you didn't do that. Ed has threatened to shut down the site before, and if he sees behaviour like this, he just might.

While I don't think harassing people on her team is a good idea, I'd like to know under what authority can he or Lana do that? Unless "Lana Del Rey" is a copyrighted name (and I can't imagine that a name can be copyrighted, since Kim Kardashian and Beyonce have both tried copyrighting names and failed), how can they do that? It's not like leaks originate here.

How do they have the right to do that? Isn't that censorship of free speech? Not only that but they're currently fucking Lana's relationship with her fans so it wouldn't exactly be the best move on their part to shut down the largest LDR fan group on the net. I'm kind of really starting to doubt heir logic/management abilities if they've really done that in the past.

Lana's management are utterly incompetent, so don't put it past them to do that.

??? All I'm asking is that they don't email Ed about the forum. I've already had to battle with him enough, I don't really want to have to do it again, especially over what sounds like an unnecessary email in hopes to speed along the album.

I'm nosy, what happened?

giphy.gif

Omg this forum can be so fucking embarassing to read........

Anyways I was listening to the bonus tracks for BTD/UV and I'm really hoping she adds some extra songs + maybe an alt cover.

If we get an alt cover (for UO most likely) i just hope its not shot by Chuck and is in a different aesthetic than the one we have now because it  looks like Chuck took a photo that was meant for the Love single coverart and pasted it onto a BTD shoot outtake. The more I look at it, the more I start to dislike it which is a shame because I've hoped for so long to have a cover with Lana smiling on it.

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

Yosemite lyrics 

We're all going, going to Yosemite
No more spinning for a week or two
Heavenly lips and starry skies
No more whiskey glasses for me or you
For a week or two

Summertime, and the livin' is heavenly 
Lipstick, shining and a Coca Cola high
Oh, Chuck's crazy and my daddy's iconic
So hush my notorious honey, don't you cry

I can't wait to do some swinging with you
You can't wait to do some swinging with me
This just can't be summer love, you'll see
This just can't be summer love

'Cause you were mine for the summer
Now we know it's nearly over
Feels like Summer sunshine
But I always will remember
You were my summer love
You always will be my summer love

I wish they all could be ...
I wish they all could be like the Hollywood Hills 

Me and some sunglasses on the moon
Had a band and we tried real hard.
Jim quit, Hennessy went drinking
I should've known we'd never end up thinking

So anyway I made this with a song generator 

The only situation when this forum could be in trouble is when messes around with copyrighted material. While puting the blame on others is usually an easy way for eschewing responsibility I don't think that's working anymore in Lana"s case. Her management was incompetent many times during her career but Lana is in full control, she has a very difficult personality and I don't think that her managers have any leverage over her anymore. I'm convinced that they try hard to save her career in spite of Lana's unwillingness to promote or to perform. They have a percent from her revenues and they are motivated to make her earn more, they are more interested in saving this era than Lana 

Yosemite lyrics 

We're all going, going to Yosemite

No more spinning for a week or two

Heavenly lips and starry skies

No more whiskey glasses for me or you

For a week or two

I can't wait to do some swinging with you

You can't wait to do some swinging with me

This just can't be summer love, you'll see

This just can't be summer love

'Cause you were mine for the summer

Now we know it's nearly over

Feels like Summer sunshine

But I always will remember

You were my summer love

You always will be my summer love

I wish they all could be like the Hollywood Hills 

Me and some sunglasses on the moon

Had a band and we tried real hard.

Jim quit, Hennessy went drinking

I should've known we'd never end up thinking

So anyway I made this with a song generator 

Your generated piece is lyrically better than LFL...

mariah-carey-album-number-four(1).gif

ruZKe8V.gif

top tier lyrics right here 

They get on with life as a full time daddy,
They're a luscious kinda type.
They like racing horses on Sundays,
They like driving cars in the week.
They like to contemplate their women.
But when they start to daydream,
Their mind turns straight to their drink.

Sometimes I look at them and I look into their eyes,
I notice the way they think about their drink with a smile,
Curved lips they just can't disguise.
But they think it's their women making their life worthwhile.

They like to use words like 'honey,'
They like to use words like 'baby.'
They like to use words about their women.
But when they stop their talking,
Their mind turns straight to their drink.

They like to hang out with Jim,
They like to kick back with Hennessy

They love their women, but no more than Him

They're not too fond of to cry,
They really hate taxes,
But they just think back to their drink,
And they're happy once again.

I'm 90% sure that the album will be released June 9th.

''What are full moons called and when are they in 2017?
  • Jan 12: Wolf Moon
  • Feb 10: Snow Moon
  • Mar 12: Worm Moon
  • Apr 11: Pink Moon
  • May 10: Flower Moon
  • Jun 9: Strawberry Moon
  • Jul 9: Buck Moon
  • Aug 7: Sturgeon Moon
  • Sep 6: Harvest Moon
  • Oct 5: Hunter’s Moon
  • Nov 4: Beaver Moon
  • Dec 3: Cold Moon''

Do you remember the strawberry on the beggining of lfl trailer?  :rip: 

I'm 90% sure that the album will be released June 9th.

''What are full moons called and when are they in 2017?
  • Jan 12: Wolf Moon
  • Feb 10: Snow Moon
  • Mar 12: Worm Moon
  • Apr 11: Pink Moon
  • May 10: Flower Moon
  • Jun 9: Strawberry Moon
  • Jul 9: Buck Moon
  • Aug 7: Sturgeon Moon
  • Sep 6: Harvest Moon
  • Oct 5: Hunter’s Moon
  • Nov 4: Beaver Moon
  • Dec 3: Cold Moon''