Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Y'all get so fucking precious whenever Lana references anything modern.

She gets a Snapchat? SHES PANDERING TO STUPID TEENAGERS?

References coachella in a song despite the fact you guys don't mind her performing/attending? WHY IS SHE TALKING ABOUT BASIC WHITE GIRL STUFF JUST STICK WTH YOUR VINTAGE BULLSHIT.

I've said it once, I'll say it a million times. Her referencing modern events and pop culture and engaging in it does not cheapen her. It does not cheapen her music. It doesn't take away from her iconic and legendary status.

I bet half the people making those comments were the "I was born in the wrong generation :(" crowd on tumblr five years ago.

Why do some fans have so little faith in her? lol

cos Lust for life is a piece of garbage

Soo is this supposed to come out today (Sunday) or tomorrow?

I have no honest idea. I don't understand how people are getting a few hours from the app saying two days.

ATTENTION: We're not allowed to hate the title. :thumb3:

I have no problem with her using Coachella. But to pair it with Woodstock? Not very good taste, but that's my opinion. Calm yo tits.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

It's just that no one's really confident in her ability to honour the subject matter, which requires emphasis on lyrics, when she rhymes "stranger" with "stranger" ; or just the fact that she's apparently comparing Woodstock and coachella which is downright insulting

It's not insulting. Coachella is one of the most iconic modern music festivals. Messy, sure, but if you immediately hear something like a title and think "Christ the lyrics are gonna be awful" is definitely the wrong route to take.

Yeah, she's had bad lyrics. But guess what? She's had great lyrics. Lyrics you wouldn't assume from titles.

"I can see my baby swinging, his parliaments on fire and his hands are up."

"Walk in the way of my soft resurrection, lead to to war with your brilliant direction."

"My baby lives in shades of blue - blue eyes and jazz and attitude."

For every bad lyric you could pull a million good ones. It's genuinely a coin toss.

@ the whole forum right now, buckle up kiddos! This is a modern album with modern references!

So can anyone update me on why i came back to 23 more pages than last time and what song everyone is whining about and how horrible lana is and how shes cheap for some reason lmfao?

ATTENTION: We're not allowed to hate the title. :thumb3:

I have no problem with her using Coachella. But to pair it with Woodtock? Not very good taste, but that's my opinion. Calm yo tits.

can you spit in my mouth?

A concept: the chorus changes between the point of views of Woodstock and Coachella to discuss the connection between the generations

It will probably be on Monday or Tuesday I don't think she'd release on a Sunday

A concept: the chorus changes between the point of views of Woodstock and Coachella to discuss the connection between the generations

It will probably be on Monday or Tuesday I don't think she'd release on a Sunday

Oo I like this idea :hooker:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

It's not insulting. Coachella is one of the most iconic modern music festivals. Messy, sure, but if you immediately hear something like a title and think "Christ the lyrics are gonna be awful" is definitely the wrong route to take.

I do agree on some points but Coachella and Woodstock though both commercial festivals are nowhere near comparable when it comes to context impact symbolism etc. 

I could totally see Lana doing this

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

I do agree on some points but Coachella and Woodstock though both commercial festivals are nowhere near comparable when it comes to context impact symbolism etc.

What if it's a reference to Woodstock 99? That one was a mess hahaha. All the symbolism down the drain.

well all we need is someone who's already past midnight to check it or for Lana to announce something... there's no way she wouldn't drop at least a "what's up so I have a new song coming xx"

te deseo, cariño

By the way..

While the infamous Woodstock music festival in 1969 had built a reputation of love, peace and harmony, in 1999, the festival's legacy had been tainted. Flames, rape and heat exhaustion were among the tragic events to occur during the three-day event that was headlined by Korn, Limp Bizkit, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Rage Against the Machine. There were multiple reports of rape and sexual assault, including one woman who was reportedly gang-raped in the mosh pit. During the Limp Bizkit's song "Break Stuff," the audience ripped wood off the walls, before bonfires were ignited during Red Hot Chili Peppers' encore.

Source: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/infamous-concert-tragedies-gallery-1.2651296?pmSlide=1.2651289

By the way..

While the infamous Woodstock music festival in 1969 had built a reputation of love, peace and harmony, in 1999, the festival's legacy had been tainted. Flames, rape and heat exhaustion were among the tragic events to occur during the three-day event that was headlined by Korn, Limp Bizkit, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Rage Against the Machine. There were multiple reports of rape and sexual assault, including one woman who was reportedly gang-raped in the mosh pit. During the Limp Bizkit's song "Break Stuff," the audience ripped wood off the walls, before bonfires were ignited during Red Hot Chili Peppers' encore.

Source: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/infamous-concert-tragedies-gallery-1.2651296?pmSlide=1.2651289

wow, that's sad... didn't know about this

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

weird title, still excited. also, no shade but why does she keep releasing on random days of the week instead of fridays  :toofloppy:

QVi1xFV.gifDrH6LWV.gif0FHXTOj.gif