Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

I feel like although Coachella is really weak compared to everything else she has done so far, it's the only released L4L track that I could see grow on me.

Listen to it 10 more times, then you'll love it (I hope)

All I wanna do is get high by the beach

Yeah, but beats does not equal beats and pop does not equal pop. On Born To Die, Lana did her own kind of pop. On Lust For Life, she tries to fit inside some sort of generic pop-cocoon. But yeah, she definitly needs to do a rock album.

The beats are basically the same. BTD was different but she's definitely going for that pop sound that people here seem to love even though it's a bit more generic. I won't be wasting my time discussing this though, the music speaks for itself and the quality is going to the pits. 

EotAQlJ.jpg

Listen to it 10 more times, then you'll love it (I hope)

I can't see myself loving it but I may actually enjoy it if I try to stop comparing it to the rest of her repertoire

The beats are basically the same. BTD was different but she's definitely going for that pop sound that people here seem to love even though it's a bit more generic. I won't be wasting my time discussing this though, the music speaks for itself and the quality is going to the pits. 

I have to disagree. The Coachella beat just plays in the abckground, it is pretty disjointed from the rest of the music, yet pretty dominant. The beats on BtD had a lot of effects and felt like they were an organic part of the music, not something that the music was composed around.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

okay I think if the outro was swapped for the chorus, then Coachella would be an amazing song and potentially one of her best in a while

Actually ik you guys are really good at editing - would you be able to do that??

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

It seems like we're in another Ultraviolence transition where everyone complains about how the musics "different" or "not good enough" and only some fans are left to appreciate the album. Survival of the fittest in a way? 

I can't see myself loving it but I may actually enjoy it if I try to stop comparing it to the rest of her repertoire

I have to disagree. The Coachella beat just plays in the abckground, it is pretty disjointed from the rest of the music, yet pretty dominant. The beats on BtD had a lot of effects and felt like they were an organic part of the music, not something that the music was composed around.

The BTD beats suck

EotAQlJ.jpg

It seems like we're in another Ultraviolence transition where everyone complains about how the musics "different" or "not good enough" and only some fans are left to appreciate the album. Survival of the fittest in a way? 

On the bright side – everybody is going to love Honeymoon from now on. :dance:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

The BTD beats suck

Well, that's your opinion and I will respect it but I think beats like on Born To Die, Off To The Races and especially National Anthem are actrually extremely well done.

she does need another Rock album under her belt but knowing her and how self conscious she is, we won't get it for another few albums. She tried too hard with this one and is gonna receive huge amnts of criticism and it's going to push her back into this cocoon. Until her fans can convince her shes good enough to do something like rock again. I just think people have painted this image for her and don't expect/want it to change but she wants to. She's sort of like Lady Gaga with this transition 

On the bright side – everybody is going to love Honeymoon from now on. :dance:

This is true, my love for honeymoon magneified after I heard Lust for Life (song)  :toofunny: but that's the only song I'm not feeling this era, and even that is starting to grow on my a lot. Her music takes times guys, especially when it's in a different direction. Look at UV for instance. 

What I find weird is Lana not announcing this song even though it's out tf? I hope this is a demo (even though they released it idk) because it's a little messy sounding. I would probably love it if it sounded more polished. Thing is now I was hoping we'd get preorder w this track I just wanna know when tf is this album being released

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

What I find weird is Lana not announcing this song even though it's out tf? I hope this is a demo (even though they released it idk) because it's a little messy sounding. I would probably love it if it sounded more polished. Thing is now I was hoping we'd get preorder w this track I just wanna know when to is album being released

Maybe she will anounce it if it's the 15th in the US. It could probably come with  an announcement of the tracklist or the pre-order. I don't see why they would randomly release a third single, since we all know she won't promote it. So it would make sense as a promo-single that you get instantly if you pre-order.

When I first heard the song this morning I was so disappointed I felt sick tbh. The whole production sounded so sloppy and pieced together. Then I listened to the version without the weird cuts and sorta almost kinda maybe liked it. Then I gave in and downloaded it onto my laptop and put in my headphones and fell in love with it completely.  :defeated: Sometimes her songs take like ten listens before I'm completely converted and once again hypnotized by whatever black magic she's casting. 

its actually getting a lot better after listening for another 20 times

ALSO the line 'words could turn to birds and birds would send my thoughts away' is BEAUTIFUL

When I first heard the song this morning I was so disappointed I felt sick tbh. The whole production sounded so sloppy and pieced together. Then I listened to the version without the weird cuts and sorta almost kinda maybe liked it. Then I gave in and downloaded it onto my laptop and put in my headphones and fell in love with it completely.  :defeated: Sometimes her songs take like ten listens before I'm completely converted and once again hypnotized by whatever black magic she's casting. 

omg literally same happened to me when west coast came out - I hated it so much at first, but now its one of my all time favourite songs ever 

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png